NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Vampire Survivors

Just completed my first run of 30 minutes. It was in the Inlaid Library with whoever is on the far right of the second row of characters.

Making me want to play this again. I used ot use the Poe all the time. The old man with the garlic. Might play a few rounds later today.

Garlic's overrated.

Spoiler

The character you can get from the coffin here is way better!

Guns, guns, guns!

3 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

I don't care much for that Singing Plants level. At least it only has a 15-minute time limit.

At least it's so easy, that you can use it to unlock anything that requires you to use a character, and survive for 15 minutes.

Very useful for some of the more awkward characters.

• Like 1

I haven’t had as much time to play this game as I would’ve liked (I’ve only just unlocked the 5th base stage here on Switch), but I have played it a fair bit on Switch now and it’s very solid.  Performance is mostly a smooth 60FPS, with only really Co-op bringing about significant slowdown (and even then, it’s still far better than the old version used to be on Steam Deck; still very playable with some slowdown not really getting in the way of the fun).  They did a great job with the Switch port.

Speaking of co-op… it’s tons of fun! Each player gets a limitation on how many weapons/accessories that they can carry (this changes depending on how many players are playing, with 4 of each item in 2 player, 3 of each in 3 players and 2 of each in 4 player mode).  What makes it really interesting however is that players cannot both pick up the same item; so if one player gets the whip? No other player can have it… this means that there’s a fair bit of strategy involved as the players need to co-ordinate with each other and plan out who gets what items to maximise your team’s effectiveness.  And in a stroke of malice genius, the slot machine treasure chest randomly picks a single player to receive the spoils, so you can imagine the rage when one player scores a Fiver, while the others get nothing :laughing:

There’s some other fun wrinkles in play as well, but overall, Co-op here is a well thought out addition that is executed very well.  Strongly recommended! :D

On 23/06/2023 at 12:32 PM, RedShell said:

On the subject of DLC, how good is this!?:

Bloody good, that's how good. :cool:

You know what’s even better than that? The new version of that song that got included in the latest update…

;)

I was very upset when the game was released and had a Switch Menu icon that didn't have the bloody title on it.
I'm a stickler for that kind of thing, in case you didn't know.

So much so, that I tweeted Poncle Games, hinting that the game would be perfect if it had a good icon.

Well, lo and behold. Game got an update, and...

Now if only Sonic Mania would follow suit...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

I need/want to get back into this game. Hopefully I don't work about 16 hours today (like yesterday...) so that I can get some games in before Ahsoka comes on.

The Devs had a Reddit AMA recently. I asked them if the rumor I read was true -- and yes it was. We'll be getting an animated series based on the game.

Just unlocked the Astral Stair and got the relics within...

The amount of new mechanics that the game is still throwing at me after all these hours is nuts! :D

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Just unlocked the Astral Stair and got the relics within...

The amount of new mechanics that the game is still throwing at me after all these hours is nuts! :D

The main mechanic he's talking about is a constant source of...

2mhjis.jpg

I've been screwed over more then a few times by it, and it's loads of fun!

• Like 1

Stopped playing this after the first DLC dropped.
Bought the second DLC just now.

Will play the shit out of this once the Steam Deck arrives.

And there's new stuff coming soon? Perfect timing :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Awesome! :cool:
Is that Matt Berry narrating the trailer? :laughing:

35 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Stopped playing this after the first DLC dropped.
Bought the second DLC just now.

Will play the shit out of this once the Steam Deck arrives.

And there's new stuff coming soon? Perfect timing :D

There's seemingly always new stuff coming. Don't think this game is ever going to end! :heh:
I just wrapped up the latest DLC myself, so am all set for this adventure update. :bouncy:

Anyway, check this out:

Are you supposed to be able to do that? :grin: I can never tell with this game. :hehe:

Hmm... probably not. :laughing:

I can’t handle all this Deep Lore… just what does LMAO mean!? I MUST find out…

The last time I played this, I had so many upgrades that runs were fairly consistently ending in wins.

But I deleted my save file so I can start fresh on the Steam Deck and it's sloooow :D

Still fun, though.

On 06/11/2023 at 7:50 PM, RedShell said:

Are you supposed to be able to do that? :grin: I can never tell with this game. :hehe:

You can theoretically do this on any level. I think it's a cheeky developer trick to keep the frame rate up. When things start getting really hectic, then the walls just turn off. Seems the higher your move speed, the more likely that this will happen.

Be careful of doing that in the Inlaid Library though. Ugh First Aid did that and went into a parallel universe Inlaid Library with absolutely no enemies or light sources. Not even Death showed up.

The problem is that when she got into this no enemy universe, things naturally became less hectic, and the walls turned back on. So she was stuck there!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You can theoretically do this on any level. I think it's a cheeky developer trick to keep the frame rate up. When things start getting really hectic, then the walls just turn off. Seems the higher your move speed, the more likely that this will happen.

I see.

I'd heard there was a trick going on with how many gems can appear on-screen at once (where the total value will eventually get merged into and represented by a single gem or something) in order to maintain smooth performance, but walls turning off is a new one for me, and has never happened before in over 50 hours of playing the game. :hehe:

I've played this for 9.5 hours since I got the Steam Deck and deleted my save file.

It's still gaming crack :D  It seems that there are way more secrets/characters/stages/etc. to find now. Haven't played this for a year and with the free updates and one more DLC, the content is pretty meaty :o

Managed to unlock most power-ups currently available to me.
Beat the first four stages, which I already knew from before. Now it's time for stage 5 (Capella Magna) this is a new one for me.

I also played Whiteout and Lake Foscari. They offer unlockable weapons and characters that are quite strong.

On 09/11/2023 at 12:24 PM, RedShell said:

I see.

I'd heard there was a trick going on with how many gems can appear on-screen at once (where the total value will eventually get merged into and represented by a single gem or something) in order to maintain smooth performance, but walls turning off is a new one for me, and has never happened before in over 50 hours of playing the game. :hehe:

Were thinking that it’s a Switch specific optimisation, because I’ve never seen it happen on any other version.

But yeah, on Switch, whenever things get really insane, it seems that the game just quietly turns off collision detection with the environment and lets you just walk through anything; which can make the likes of Tiny Bridge pretty funny :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

42 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Were thinking that it’s a Switch specific optimisation, because I’ve never seen it happen on any other version.

But yeah, on Switch, whenever things get really insane, it seems that the game just quietly turns off collision detection with the environment and lets you just walk through anything; which can make the likes of Tiny Bridge pretty funny :laughing:

Those vids I posted before are from the PC version though (managed to refrain from quadruple dipping on the Switch version :heh:) so it’s definitely an across-the-board optimisation, just a pretty rare one probably.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

Those vids I posted before are from the PC version though (managed to refrain from quadruple dipping on the Switch version :heh:) so it’s definitely an across-the-board optimisation, just a pretty rare one probably.

Ahh gotcha.  They must’ve introduced that cheeky feature when they switched over to Unity for the PC version then (Both the Xbox and Switch versions already ran on Unity anyway).

But yeah, seems to happen when the game goes ballistic with stuff onscreen.  Quite fun when it happens! Like a hidden secret passive power up :hehe:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this