NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Detective Pikachu Returns (6th Oct 2023)

Wow. This is one ugly game. I know, graphics don't matter but geez... Thought it was a remake of the 3DS version.

Oh yeah! This exists...

I honestly forgot all about it, when was it announced agai... (goes to check)... bloody hell! 2019!?

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Thought it was a remake of the 3DS version.

Honestly, I thought the exact same thing!

I spent the first half of the trailer waiting for a wipe transition to new and improved HD that never came and then was like 'huh, Returns? So this 3DS-lookin' mess is the sequel¿?' :laughing:

Edited by Julius

Forgot this was out this week until I saw some reviews pop up. Mixed, as expected. Criticisms of the graphics, as expected. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Did anyone pick this up in the end?

Nah, too busy playing Digimon Survive, which I can already tell is far more engaging!

Most of the time, Digimon pales into comparison with the Pokémon equivalent, not this time. It's surprisingly good!

Edited by Glen-i

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

Did anyone pick this up in the end?

Picked it up and set it back on the shelf again. The demo of the first one showed promise so I wouldn't mind giving the new one a go. But if the 3DS one is anything to go by, the price isn't coming down because I said I'd get it on sale too.

Have you been keeping tabs on the NSO icons? There was a blue bird Pokémon and I haven't the foggiest what it was.

10 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Have you been keeping tabs on the NSO icons? There was a blue bird Pokémon and I haven't the foggiest what it was.

Ducklett?

580.png

It's from Black/White. Generation 5.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

That's the one, yeah. You could just have said Swablublu or something and I'd still take the reply at face value. Thanks for mentioning the name of the games it comes from too. Does my napper in to see just a generation number in Pokémon discussions. Meaningless to the average Joe Bloggs gamer.

Sign in to follow this