NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct (21st June 2023 @ 15:00 BST)

That was a whirlwind of a Direct. So many announcements. October was already stacked, and now it's just stupid. 

You definitely get the sense that things are winding down for the Switch, but it seems like it's being set up to go out with a bang. 

Best show of the summer once again for me (not that the bar's particularly high), unless we count the XVI event, in which case it's the best more traditional E3 showing. 

I'd give it an 8.5/10.

No massive surprises, a lot of long-rumoured and long-fawned-over games, and a consistent reel of games I've now either got an eye on or will be picking up for sure. 

Again: just a shame how stupidly stacked October (and September) is, and it already was before this Direct! 

nintendodirect21062023roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct 21/06/2023 Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Formatted press release, and video embed.

- - - - -

Well, no F-Zero but plenty of decent Mario titles.

Nice to see a new Wario Ware game, the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection is nice to see on the Switch. (RIP Twin Snakes)

The new footage of Sonic Superstars looked great, as did Penny's Big Breakaway which should prove interesting, being that it's a 3D platformer from Sonic Mania developers.

Now the Switch finally has Vampire Survivors as well which should prove to be a popular eShop title.

Overall, a pretty decent showing, nice to see a load of remakes and rereleases as well, though Pikmin 1&2 could do with a physical release, in addition to the digital versions.

• Like 1

That was... pretty dang good!

Actual new games! And they look batshit insane! Just how I like my Nintendo! :D

5 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Overall, a pretty decent showing, nice to see a load of remakes and rereleases as well, though Pikmin 1&2 could do with a physical release, in addition to the digital versions.

I’m sure they said there will be physical releases later in the year. 

19 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m sure they said there will be physical releases later in the year. 

Yup.

Pikmin-1-and-Pikmin-2-Switch-physical.jp

Comes out September 22nd.

Sign in to follow this