NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Paul

The Traitors

On 3/6/2023 at 12:17 AM, Beast said:

Sorry, I meant to say that I watched two versions (UK and US) and there's three. There's one in Australia as well that I read is pretty ruthless, apparently.

It kinda is. I'm about 4-5 episodes in, and the challenges are completely different to the UK and it's piss poor clone US remix. So a huge improvement and worth watching. This time they compete for "bars of SoLiD sIlVeR", and for some reason the producers appear to be of the mindset that legal minds are best. About a third of them have law related jobs... Does it have any benefit? Watch and find out. 

@darksnowman get in on the action, @killthenet and @WackerJr. You too

Going to your previous point about the US one...

On 3/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, Beast said:

I've watched three versions so far and the US one is really good. The winner is well deserved.

I really don't want to spoil... (Reveal hidden contents)

I've also watched the UK one and finished it last night. I'm sorry but I thought that the guy Wilf brought in is a complete tosser. To do that to Wilf was really bad sportsmanship. Amanda and Alyssa(?) understood that that was the game but that guy (I can't remember his name) really annoyed me doing that. It's the equivalent of someone tipping the board when they lose at Monopoly. Ver childish. I think Wilf would've won it as well was it not for "and my parting gift"...Wilf did great as a Traitor!

I don't know about the second season, but winner deserved of first? Hell naw.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

On 14/07/2023 at 8:46 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

It kinda is. I'm about 4-5 episodes in, and the challenges are completely different to the UK and it's piss poor clone US remix. So a huge improvement and worth watching. This time they compete for "bars of SoLiD sIlVeR", and for some reason the producers appear to be of the mindset that legal minds are best. About a third of them have law related jobs... Does it have any benefit? Watch and find out. 

@darksnowman get in on the action, @killthenet and @WackerJr. You too

Going to your previous point about the US one...

I don't know about the second season, but winner deserved of first? Hell naw.

Nah, she played that cool. She knew the game inside out. I respected that. Heck, I even remember who it even was and I forgot the other winner in the Australian one (I watched it but forgot to post about it here. I'll wait until you've all finished)

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Nah, she played that cool. She knew the game inside out. I respected that. Heck, I even remember who it even was and I forgot the other winner in the Australian one (I watched it but forgot to post about it here. I'll wait until you've all finished)

I only remember her because I remember her being such a greedy bitch when she could've won straight away, and saying she deserves it because she was there from the beginning. Trying that "I saw it first" bullshit makes me want no one to win out of spite!

On 7/15/2023 at 9:25 PM, Beast said:

Australian one (I watched it but forgot to post about it here. I'll wait until you've all finished)

Finished it last night, that was a tense final!

Spoiler

for Craig, I imagine him watching the series back and seeing that when they voted out the other bloke, he was fucked from that point on. Gutted

Spoiler

Why the fuck did Marianne say that?! It was such a stupid move which was so unbelievable and came out of nowhere.

Spoiler

That was bullshit to be honest, instantly suspecting someone because they weren't a suspect before, that could've been half of the other people! "No one has ever said Nigel before, let's all say him because reasons".

Spoiler

Fucking idiot, I wonder how he manages to be successful at his job, because if he was trying to sell me a house that aggressively I'd tell him to fuck off straight away. All he did was endlessly paint a target on him, and he couldn't see it

Spoiler

A shame this wasn't actually explained, or anyone coming forward about anything, it seems everyone just misunderstood each other

@WackerJr - if it helps grease the wheels for the Aussie one, there's only one task that is repeated from the British/US series (the art heist one, which is a little different and the lasers move!). They all do their tasks in red tracksuits like they're The Six Million Dollar Man, and there's even a psychic on the team!

• Thanks 1

Episode 1 of the second season has now begun...

@WackerJr @Beast @killthenet @darksnowman supply me with your feels.

Currently not a lot to say at present, many people ringing the arsehole bell from the off. Looking forward to the psychic working her magic once they know her job

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Watched the first three. We are so back.

Do you get the feeling Diane is a lil bit racist?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

8 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Do you get the feeling Diane is a lil bit racist?

I'd say it looks like she's brought some preconceptions to the table with her, yeah. Anthony doesn't seem like a bad spud at all. Hope they stop being so naive and catch on to the big ginge that's positioned himself as head of the group and gang leader of the traitors.

8 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'd say it looks like she's brought some preconceptions to the table with her, yeah. Anthony doesn't seem like a bad spud at all. Hope they stop being so naive and catch on to the big ginge that's positioned himself as head of the group and gang leader of the traitors.

Both me and the missus was feeling the vibe, plus a colleague at work and I did spy a few on Twitter. It seems her whole logic is based on "he was standing somewhere first, I wanted to stand there but he wouldn't let me. That's very traitor-esque behaviour". This being done before the Traitors were even selected. The other lass from the platform had more logic to her.

Then I don't get why they go after Ash, saying she was going around talking to people and asking who they were thinking of, which is the tactic of 100% of people there, including the ones who all discussed voting for her. You have just a feeling? That's fine, run with that, just don't use identical behaviour to everyone else as an excuse.

On 06/01/2024 at 4:35 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Both me and the missus was feeling the vibe, plus a colleague at work and I did spy a few on Twitter. It seems her whole logic is based on "he was standing somewhere first, I wanted to stand there but he wouldn't let me. That's very traitor-esque behaviour". This being done before the Traitors were even selected. The other lass from the platform had more logic to her.

Then I don't get why they go after Ash, saying she was going around talking to people and asking who they were thinking of, which is the tactic of 100% of people there, including the ones who all discussed voting for her. You have just a feeling? That's fine, run with that, just don't use identical behaviour to everyone else as an excuse.

Only other thing I can think of is she's used to people bowing down to her authoritah so she's taken a pick against him for not scooting aside on the platform. We've seen he's more than willing to having a chat with her but she looks closed off to even entertaining the idea. You'd think the others would remind her they got the train before traitors were assigned.

Obviously not easy for them to see what we see, but Ash has looked nothing but guilty. Haha. So far, the fourth traitor looks like the only one with a bit of game about him. Pride and overconfidence should be the downfall of the other three provided the others can suss it out.

• Like 1

A bit confused as to why they ended on the note they did. All reality/talent shows love the bit of drawing out long pauses between giving verdicts on things, and editing it so they're longer to draw the suspense out for the viewer... but we know what's going to happen. Ash is going to confess to being a Traitor and get kicked off (I saw her on that Ed Gamble thing on BBC 2, so we know there's no twist of her coming back [I didn't watch the show though,]) and Meg will end up murdered that night.

I think the latest Traitor may be the next villain to go if he doesn't start inputting stuff. Even though people have been wrong, everyone has had a suspicion, all he ever says is "I don't know/I have no idea", which is going to start singling him out.

I also think I saw the psychic lady at work today. I think she works at the same hospital as I. So I'm guessing she didn't win.

Paul finally taken down... he played a blinder.

I am surprised that when they recruited they didn't go for one of the enthusiastic women

Have to say, I was starting to think the faithful don't deserve to win it but the cat is certainly among the pigeons. 

Thinking back, making muscle man Andrew a traitor wasn't that bad an idea, because the concept of putting thrice traitors in the dungeon would've been a silly idea, but he seems to have a bit of an abrupt personality change (but could be down to editing), so faithful could deduce he may have been recruited.

I hope Charlotte doesn't get murdered. I'm enjoying her bath scenes in the evening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Thinking back, making muscle man Andrew a traitor wasn't that bad an idea, because the concept of putting thrice traitors in the dungeon would've been a silly idea, but he seems to have a bit of an abrupt personality change (but could be down to editing), so faithful could deduce he may have been recruited.

I'm having flashbacks to the guy last year. The faithful should be true to form and say he was oh so different on the train up. Hope they start getting those blondes out because I've a hard time differentiating between 2/3s of them.

11 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I hope Charlotte doesn't get murdered. I'm enjoying her bath scenes in the evening.

When they took on Miles I thought she might have been a decent candidate but she's disappeared into the mix a bit since those earlier days. 

Must say I've come around on Harry. He wants that money and I think he's going to get it. He's right to not be chuffed to see them get rid of the stronger mission performers. The faithful are a lost cause—left to their own devices, they vote off each other. 

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Must say I've come around on Harry. He wants that money and I think he's going to get it. He's right to not be chuffed to see them get rid of the stronger mission performers. The faithful are a lost cause—left to their own devices, they vote off each other. 

I think if they recruit another traitor, the new person will be wary of a potential double-cross from Harry, which Andrew suspected from the off (which I was surprised by), and it may be his downfall if he goes balls deep on getting rid of another traitor.

They've put a few strong characters in the faithful this series, you're right that they'd probably implode, as there's 2-3 people pulling everyone in different directions, and by the time they get wise to it as those numbers fall, it'll probably be too late.

Sorry to join this with only one week left of the current series, we started watching it late, but at least it meant we could binge most of it!

I’m enjoying this again, with enough slight changes from the other series to make it feel different.

That funeral trial was dark! 😂

I’m interested to see whether the latest traitor does cause some trouble.  I thought the traitors would be a shoe-in at this stage, as the faithful have spotted the signs of the traitors (eg., why was Harry not murdered when he was the obvious choice, earlier on when Paul survived when it was between him and Meg in the dungeon), but they’ve been so sporadic with their guesses that they don’t seem to have faith in each others’ suspicions!  Ross hinting at the end that he wants revenge could spice up the finale!

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

Ross hinting at the end that he wants revenge could spice up the finale!

I'm waiting so much for that mum reveal, I'm trying not to big myself up about it lest he just does a minor "Oh she was my mum" on his way out. I comically thought that when he became a traitor he'd rip off his hood and just start strangling Harry going "You killed my mooommm", but didn't happen.

It's fair he asked why they killed her (plucking a random name out of the air of course), and the reason being given was that she was becoming a problem/strong player, I forget the exact wording, but it was the perfect justification for killing a player which is repeated throughout - cut to Ross looking butthurt... Now, if went like this:

Ross - why did you kill... Diane?

Harry - she was just an annoying bitch

Then I'd understand a bit better.

• Haha 1

Well Ross' Taken reboot didn't last long. I think he tried stirring too soon and I'm not sure what happened at the end of the Round Table, Harry mentions one thing (couldn't grasp it in his quick accent) and suddenly it's how Andrew wouldn't use a certain word.

It's made Zack's ego go way up, as "he's always known!", but gets proven right on the one day he's actually correct.

I think people are slowly starting to wise up to Harry though, I think once they consider that Ross wouldn't really murder his mum, things may start falling into place.

• Like 1

So I'm late to the party and I haven't read a thing as I've only started watching it. The US one has kind of taken over for me and the new Australian one is a bit meh. I'm hoping our one gets better because they're bland and too friendly at the moment and it's very petty. Like "I think you're a traitor because you breathe oxygen and that's a red flag"...come on! Although it needs to be said that the editing in the show is a bit weird. Like I'm on episode 3 and someone is getting voted off and before they reveal who they are, they end the episode on the cliffhanger...why? We know their alliances, we know they're getting booted off...what's the cliffhanger for? :laughing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

So I'm late to the party and I haven't read a thing as I've only started watching it. The US one has kind of taken over for me and the new Australian one is a bit meh. I'm hoping our one gets better because they're bland and too friendly at the moment and it's very petty. Like "I think you're a traitor because you breathe oxygen and that's a red flag"...come on! Although it needs to be said that the editing in the show is a bit weird. Like I'm on episode 3 and someone is getting voted off and before they reveal who they are, they end the episode on the cliffhanger...why? We know their alliances, we know they're getting booted off...what's the cliffhanger for? :laughing:

The 2nd US season? Because the first one sucked balls.

The 2nd Australian season isn't too bad, about 5 episodes in. The team dynamic is interesting.

6 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

The 2nd US season? Because the first one sucked balls.

The 2nd Australian season isn't too bad, about 5 episodes in. The team dynamic is interesting.

I didn't mind the US one. At least there was a bit of personality there. The first Australian one was great. The traitors in that season were awesome. Our one feels rather vanilla compared. They're starting to liven up a little though but honestly, it's blatantly obvious who the traitors would be apart from Harry and the vet. Paul is non-stop smirking and smarmy. Not a big fan. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beast said:

I didn't mind the US one. At least there was a bit of personality there. 

Too much for my tastes, half of them being "celebrities" all trying to hog the show as if they've got a new single coming out. I was worried when the Australian one put a couple in their second season, but I think having less is more ad they're much more chill. Plus the missions in the US were just copies of the UK, or shittier versions - such as the escape room one which they failed, being set at the same place forcing some of this, but a bit of originality wouldn't be too much to ask. Intrigued to see how much of season 2 the US second season takes on. 

Sign in to follow this