NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

N-E Online Mario Parties (Week 27 - Waluigi's Island - MP3)

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Great game tonight guys. Some very great (or not if you’re @Glen-i) teamwork @S.C.G and @Dcubed  

Great? Try weirdest!

It got very bizarre towards the end. @Dcubed started a duel and declared his intent to throw the game and give @S.C.G double his coins (Yes, he did it to try and make me lose the whole thing, he's very spiteful), only for it to not matter because S.C.G played the mini-game literally perfectly, so Dcubed couldn't have won the duel game anyway!

And I got greedy and tried to chase a star without using my magic lamp, only for me to completely forget that @BowserBasher had a Barter Box on him! (Yes, it's shown up two boards in a row, I swear, they're meant to be rare!) So I got that nicked, and that didn't even help him in the end, because he couldn't scrounge up enough coins, leaving S.C.G to nick that Magic Lamp and use it on the last turn!

Spoiler

Yet you know what the weirdest thing of all was?

This was not a normal game!

F-mqma5aYAASjx8?format=jpg&name=large

Honestly, Simon was the only one who deserved to win this time. Game Guy don't care though!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Glen-i didn’t even mention the long con I pulled off on him by not using that Barter Box earlier (yes, that Barter Box was originally mine); as I purposely let Simon take it in order for him to be able to use his Boo Bell to steal enough coins to eventually nick Glen-i’s star from the Boo Space.

And yet somehow he still managed to win… (and you call Wario the cheater here… that game was shambolic!)

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (10/11/2023)

Arrowhead

1600px-MP3_Arrowhead_Board.png

It's a board with loads of junctions.
What!? You expect a more in-depth explanation? That's it! There really isn't anything more to this! I know those cone things look distinct, but they don't do anything!

These will be the match-ups this week.

@Glen-i VS @BowserBasher

@Dcubed VS @S.C.G

Dcubed should be free after Mario Kart on Thursday, so we'll likely play at 9pm then.

• Thanks 3

OK, so I probably won't be able to make it on Thursday, so @Dcubed and @S.C.G should go ahead and have their duel after Mario Kart, as originally planned. Don't forget to get an image of the results.

@BowserBasher and I will have to have ours on Friday.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

F_FeaOGawAAJSRt?format=jpg&name=large

Certainly not as sarcastic as Simon makes it out to be here

@S.C.G decided that going round and round in circles in the middle of the map was a great idea... it was better than it should've been! Surprisingly close match, but sadly his Pirahna Plant's extra dice roll kicked in at the wrong time...

Good game.  Next up, it's Simon's Belmont's Revenge tomorrow at 20:00.  Be there, or be low polygon! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (17/11/2023)

Thatfriendly match after the duels got quite tense and close at the end there. I probably could have gotten second had I used Boo differently to steal, but maybe not.

F_pfErVacAAI6S5?format=jpg&name=large

A pretty straight forward duel this time.

Right, moving on to the next board.

Spiny Desert

1600px-MP3_Spiny_Desert_Board.png

Here's a frustrating board...

There are two star spaces on this board, which you should know by now means that there's a catch. Well, yeah, one of them is a mirage and will disappear when someone passes it. There is no way to tell them apart. The happening spaces around the sand pits will transport anyone around them to the other sand pit. You can also go through the path with cacti if you're good at timing your button presses. (Nothing stopping you from failing on purpose if it will transport you to a more advantageous spot)  Make note of the pink spots on the left and right side of the board, as they show where you will go, should you hit a cacti. Also note that you can only take the cacti path from the top right side. Not even the almighty Reverse Mushroom can let you approach it from the bottom left side.

I can't stress this enough, the cacti path gives you a staggering amount of control of where you land. After the cacti action time, you still move the amount of spaces left on your roll. There's 5 possible paths you can go down with the cacti, and this can result in a lot of time spent looking at the map. To mitigate that, here's a handy dandy table about where each path will take you.

8T2mD1L.png

The numbers in the third column mean that you go back to the cacti path with that amount of spaces left.

This doesn't take into account the possibility of reversing into the cacti path, which adds more possibilities because you can go down any junction when going backwards. Seriously, it's a powerful tool, don't overlook it! I highly recommend keeping this table ready, so you can look it up.

Also note that Boo is behind a Skeleton Key door here, so it's not easy to get to.

See you on Friday at 8pm. (Or a little later if you can't make it on time)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G and @BowserBasher. We're gonna have to postpone our match here. @Dcubed can't make it tonight.

OK No worries, if either of you are up for anything else give mea shout and maybe we can still have a gaming session

Just now, BowserBasher said:

OK No worries, if either of you are up for anything else give mea shout and maybe we can still have a gaming session

Have you played Kirby Super Star? Great little 2 player co-op game!

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Have you played Kirby Super Star? Great little 2 player co-op game!

I don't think I have yet. I know I started playing the one of 64 NSO. Which one is Super Star on?

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I don't think I have yet. I know I started playing the one of 64 NSO. Which one is Super Star on?

SNES. It's the last Kirby game Sakurai had a full role in developing. (See, it's not completely irrelevant here!)

EDIT: Wait, hold up, this isn't the Smash thread... Guess it is completely irrelevant!

Remember the Subspace Emissary in Smash Brawl? It basically cribs the gameplay structure from Kirby Super Star

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

SNES. It's the last Kirby game Sakurai had a full role in developing. (See, it's not completely irrelevant here!)

EDIT: Wait, hold up, this isn't the Smash thread... Guess it is completely irrelevant!

Remember the Subspace Emissary in Smash Brawl? It basically cribs the gameplay structure from Kirby Super Star

Cool we can give it a go, if @S.C.G wants to join we can switch who's playing half way through. or think of something.

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Cool we can give it a go, if @S.C.G wants to join we can switch who's playing half way through. or think of something.

Well, seeing as I've played it to death, it'd be best if you play as Kirby (Player 1), and I'll be "Helper".

See you at 8?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, seeing as I've played it to death, it'd be best if you play as Kirby (Player 1), and I'll be "Helper".

See you at 8?

8 it is.

Right, @Dcubed will be available tonight.

@BowserBasher and @S.C.G. Mario Party 3 is go for tonight. What time will be best for you?

EDIT: Dcubed has helpfully reminded me that Jet Force Gemini is now on the N64 app, so you'll need to update the app.

Edited by Glen-i

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Right, @Dcubed will be available tonight.

@BowserBasher and @S.C.G. Mario Party 3 is go for tonight. What time will be best for you?

EDIT: Dcubed has helpfully reminded me that Jet Force Gemini is now on the N64 app, so you'll need to update the app.

Only just seen this... Up to @BowserBasher but if he isn't available, might be best to leave it? ::shrug:

Half eight or nine for me, if we're all playing, see what Simon says... ;)

If no word by half-eight, probably a no-go.

27 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Only just seen this... Up to @BowserBasher but if he isn't available, might be best to leave it? ::shrug:

Half eight or nine for me, if we're all playing, see what Simon says... ;)

If no word by half-eight, probably a no-go.

He's in! We're good to go for 8:30!

Yeah... I completely forgot after posting this, though it had been a busy day and I hadn't eaten yet at that point. :blush:

If you waited, I hope it wasn't for long, and if you played, I hope it was fun. :peace:

Sign in to follow this