N-Europe

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

Julius

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I might give Ender Lilies a go, but it looks kinda bad.

I seem to remember it actually getting a lot of buzz around launch, it reviewed really well.

It's getting a sequel called Ender Magnolia (I mean, the titles don't help, do they? :p) which has been in early access since earlier in the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lilies' inclusion in PS+ is a lead-in to Magnolia's full release being announced. 

image.png

On 5/19/2024 at 12:45 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Utter garbage. This is another highly praised indie game that fails to live up to the hype. I'm actually baffled why the gaming press liked this. It's a game that is obscure just for the sake of being obscure. Hiding entrances and exits behind walls does not make for a fun experience.

Also, as drahkon mentioned, the combat is rubbish. There were so many times where I was fighting enemies but I felt I was being pushed back by some invisible barrier. The enemies are also pretty obnoxious, with some following you all over the places and others staying just out of harms reach. 

I've played a fair few indie games this year that have gone under the radar and deserved so much more attention than what Tunic got. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

I'll sign this.

I took a long break because the game annoyed me and I thought it could help.
But no. It's still trash. It sucks. I hate it.

• Haha 2

On 8/2/2024 at 2:51 PM, drahkon said:

Daxter

It does get a little better now that the levels aren't just "run, jump, smack". :p

However, I noticed that Daxter has a slight problem: He seems to be drunk. When I push the stick straight up, he always drifts slightly to the left.
And no, my controllers don't suffer from stick drift. :p I tried it with both my DualSenses and my SteamDeck via remote play (which is awesome, btw), non of which showed any signs of drift when I
tested them.

Found one reddit thread describing the issue and it seems I'm not alone. ::shrug:

It can be quite annoying when trying to jump straight ahead onto a moving platform.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:38 PM, drahkon said:

I might give Ender Lilies a go, but it looks kinda bad.

Played it for an hour and...it's not that bad :p

Combat is very simple, though. A bit too simple for my liking, but it's early days.
Gotta say: the art is gorgeous, the soundtrack is incredible.

Soooooo...I'm gonna give this a proper go over the weekend.

Speaking of: I finally have a weekend coming up without anything planned. After about 2 months of non-stop action I'm ready to just stay at home, watch Olympics and 2. Bundesliga and play video games (and do some exercises and go for one or two runs) :D

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

It does get a little better now that the levels aren't just "run, jump, smack". :p

However, I noticed that Daxter has a slight problem: He seems to be drunk. When I push the stick straight up, he always drifts slightly to the left.
And no, my controllers don't suffer from stick drift. :p I tried it with both my DualSenses and my SteamDeck via remote play (which is awesome, btw), non of which showed any signs of drift when I
tested them.

Found one reddit thread describing the issue and it seems I'm not alone. ::shrug:

Platinumed the game twice and never ran into this issue. It's the Footy Manager thing all over again. :D 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Next batch of PS+ Extra and Premium will be announced today.

As always: GIVE ME The Binding of Isaac: Repentance

I want me some more PSP/PS1/PS2 goodness. 

In terms of PSP releases, Secret Agent Clank, Wild Arms and both God of War games would be nice to have. I don't think there are many big 1st party PSP games left to be released on the service. Would be absolutely amazing if Capcom got their finger out and added the Monster Hunter Freedom games to the service but that would never happen. I'm still waiting for them to release Dino Crisis....

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I want me some more PSP/PS1/PS2 goodness. 

In terms of PSP releases, Secret Agent Clank, Wild Arms and both God of War games would be nice to have. I don't think there are many big 1st party PSP games left to be released on the service. Would be absolutely amazing if Capcom got their finger out and added the Monster Hunter Freedom games to the service but that would never happen. I'm still waiting for them to release Dino Crisis....

We all know it's gonna be 3 more Star Wars games.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This month's line-up, with TimeSplitters, TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect all arriving August 20th! 

The splitscreen local co-op modes of the original games also make their way over. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Of course Wild Hearts is added after @drahkon got an EA sub to play it. 

Hey man, hate on the Star Wars re-releases and you bet you'll see the consequences :laughing: @drahkon knew the risks :p

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

All 3 of the Timesplitters games at the same time is a little nuts.

It really is! 

Kind of insane to get three games from the same franchise all drop at once when we're still waiting on certain titles to turn up at all. But hey, I'll take it! 

Now Capcom, get in here with Dino Crisis and the PS1 Resident Evil games already! Though maybe the latter request might make more sense to save for October...

Edited by Julius

Never played Time Splitters so happy with that. Trophies or not?

I stopped playing Wild Hearts because to be honest...it's not even worth the 0.99€ I spent for the EA sub :p
Cult of the Lamb...ok. Always wanted to give it a try.

And what is this Sword Art Online madness :D Not interested.

Well, 4 games out of these I wanna try. Not too bad.

Edited by drahkon