Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-93891406-d3d2-4292-8b93-fcc6ba841a17-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! 11/04/2024)

Great night of racing.

That made up for the previous race (which @Glen-i has a video of), and the start of the race when he landed on me with a banana.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

That made up for the previous race (which @Glen-i has a video of),

I sure do!

I regret nothing!

Also, gonna have to call out @lostmario here for this shameful behaviour.

tenor.gif

Haven't had to use that in a while.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Also, gonna have to call out @lostmario here for this shameful behaviour.

tenor.gif

Haven't had to use that in a while.

Well I didn't brake so meh.. only time I brake in Mario Kart 8 is on 200cc.

I'm sure I got hit by something that slowed me down but I definitely didn't brake. Can't explain that one. Can't see anything in your posted video.

2 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Well I didn't brake so meh.. only time I brake in Mario Kart 8 is on 200cc.

I'm sure I got hit by something that slowed me down but I definitely didn't brake.

Thinking back on it, it might also be the game correcting your position after dealing with lag.

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! 18/04/2024)

• Thanks 1

Just the one highlight from me this week, but it’s a good ‘un…

Fun night as always :peace:

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Get Together! 25/04/2024)

17 minutes ago, lostmario said:

I brought my A game last night, still wasn't enough.

shrug.gif

That’s Mario Kart for ya!

Posted (edited)
On 26/04/2024 at 10:17 PM, lostmario said:

I brought my A game last night, still wasn't enough.

always bring my A game.

That probably explains why I didn't do so well this week, actually.
Don't bring your A game anymore.

Hey, I remembered that next week is a theme night. Here is what it will be.

Next Theme Night: Thursday 2nd May

P9FH7sX.png

The tracks here are the 12 longest tracks in MK8 Deluxe. How did I deterimine that? I looked at all 96 Staff Ghost times, and ordered them myself.
You're welcome.

In case anyone is interested...

Spoiler

Wii Rainbow Road - 2:49:574
Wii Maple Treeway - 2:36:581
DS Waluigi Pinball - 2:36:450
GCN DK Mountain - 2:35:917
Toad Harbour - 2:29:282
GCN Dry Dry Desert - 2:26:614
Rainbow Road - 2:25:267
3DS Alpine Pass - 2:24:730
N64 Yoshi Valley - 2:23:688
Wii DK's Snowboard Cross - 2:22:680
Wii Wario's Gold Mine - 2:22:119
Bowser's Castle - 2:21:980

See you next week.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The tracks here are the 12 longest tracks in MK8 Deluxe. How did I deterimine that? I looked at all 96 Staff Ghost times, and ordered them myself.
You're welcome.

Shame on you. I expect you to take Mario in the Pipe frame kart with bog standard wheels and glider and run the track yourself (no shortcuts, no mushrooms, take the longest route possible on each, no mini turbos) this way you’ll get a good baseline for which tracks really do take the longest. There’s no scientific bases for your method. :heh:

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Shame on you. I expect you to take Mario in the Pipe frame kart with bog standard wheels and glider and run the track yourself (no shortcuts, no mushrooms, take the longest route possible on each, no mini turbos) this way you’ll get a good baseline for which tracks really do take the longest. There’s no scientific bases for your method. :heh:

full

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

full

Actually after I said it I went looking for timings online and they are all done by just generally the fastest time around the track, so time trials. So I’ve taken it upon myself to do it. I’ve finished the base tracks and am putting them into a spreadsheet as I type. 

OK, @Glen-i Are you ready to change the tracks?

So, after Glen mentioned the order of the longest tracks and it being ghost data order, I had to see if this was the actual case or not.

I may make a post in the main MK8 thread if people want to see the whole list and a more detailed explanation of how I went about it. But in short, Glen has used the ghost data which is just the fastest times set by the MK staff, took the ten slowest and used them. Well I thought, they will be using shortcuts, boosts, mushrooms, that's not going to represent the longest track surely, just the slowest of the times set.

So I went and ran the track in as uniform a way that I could. Some were easier than others but I think I have done the best job possible to get a track length by just driving around the track, using no boosts or turbos at all in time trial mode.

I did only run the course once (unless I hit something or had to change the route after testing different routes on laps two and three where you can take different routes, and a couple of falling offs) so it based of one run. I could have done more and averaged stuff but doing them all just once took long enough.

So here is my top 10.

zHrKPGq.png

So according the Glens times the theme needs adjusting. Surprisingly the top 4 are still the longest with just a swap needed. After that it starts to change a fair bit. I'm guessing a lot of the change is just down to shortcuts. Where the staff ghosts use them and I didn't you're going to get a bit of a difference in times. I mean Toad Harbour is 17th in my list.

I hope after all the effort, Glen decides to use this list now. It does also mean I have the 10 shortest tracks if we wanted to do that theme one night too.

I'll gauge the reactions to this post as to whether people want to see more (unless one person says they want to see it). I'll use the main MK8 thread for it if there is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/04/2024 at 7:22 PM, BowserBasher said:

I'll gauge the reactions to this post as to whether people want to see more (unless one person says they want to see it). I'll use the main MK8 thread for it if there is.

I'd like to see more of your methodology and findings... if only because I wonder if all you did was laps of Baby Park. :indeed: 

• Thanks 1

Well, gotta respect the legwork, but you wouldn't see me dead driving the way he did.

P9FH7sX.png

See you at 8pm.

• Like 2

Just now, Dcubed said:

Ahh!!! @BowserBasher!! Glen can’t join in tonight all of a sudden! You have to host!

SAVE US ALL!!!

I wondered why he weren't getting online. (He's ashamed of my awesomeness to prove his theme wrong. )Room open.