NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Din

Download Festival 06

On the saturday we just got up early and waited at the gates. Was at the front from Down (awesome btw) till after Alice In Chains. The screens stopped working so everyone was packing in, it was tough. My ribs are bruised on the inside and the pressure that was on my collar bones was imense. I really thought they were gonna snap.

I didn't know Down were playing!? Theyr'e really good. Me can play all of Stone the crow...:yay:

They were the "secret" band, but everybody knew it was them. At least it was a good band this year, it was Funeral For a Fringe last year. Down should have been higher on the bill not the first band on saturday. I did see Phil Anselmo checking out Alice In Chain's set though. And I saw Jamey Jasta watching Throwdown on friday.

Sorry for quality on some of these:

Phil Anselmo

Download2006pics018.jpg

Strapping Young Lad

Download2006pics008.jpg

Satyricon

Download2006pics024.jpg

Dude from Soil

Download2006pics006.jpg

Deftones

Download2006pics012.jpg

Throwdown

Download2006pics001.jpg

I went to download in Dublin and it was fan fucking tastic :D, i went both days and was in the pit even though i didnt have to que for them, having connections to get them is fun :).

I seen the following bands...

Bullet For My Valentine

Funeral For A Friend

Guns N' Roses

Wicked Wisdom

Alice In Chains

Stone Sour

Metallica

Everyband rocked their asses off and as a result im all black and blue damn those mosh pits damn them to hell.

Lets just hope download comes back next year us irish love to rock.

Cool glad to hear it was good!

I've heard so many negative comments about GnR, though I'm not too suprised. They should have finished up a while ago - it's only Axel Rose from the original lineup ffs! It should be called 'Axel Rose and Friends'! :laughing: Then again I've NEVER been huge on GnR, I only like a few tracks. Can't stand them most of the time.

And I've seen recent live footage of Trivium on the net, though it's from Rock Am Ring '06. Matt Heafy's voice is kinda crap tbh. Not bad, but the old songs have lost thier power. Mind you, I have heard that Matt got a throat infection. That would make a lot of sense. If that's the case, then kudos to them for still performing!

Cool glad to hear it was good!

I've heard so many negative comments about GnR, though I'm not too suprised. They should have finished up a while ago - it's only Axel Rose from the original lineup ffs! It should be called 'Axel Rose and Friends'! :laughing: Then again I've NEVER been huge on GnR, I only like a few tracks. Can't stand them most of the time.

And I've seen recent live footage of Trivium on the net, though it's from Rock Am Ring '06. Matt Heafy's voice is kinda crap tbh. Not bad, but the old songs have lost thier power. Mind you, I have heard that Matt got a throat infection. That would make a lot of sense. If that's the case, then kudos to them for still performing!

G N' R were fucking great best band of the festival, don't know what they where like in england but in dublin they rocked the place for 2 hours. Axl Rose is a god, lots of bands have only 1 member of the orgianl lineup left and still go on rocking for example the misfits and megadeth.

Rock on Guns cant wait for the new album.

Touche on that comment.

Jonathan Davis sent a letter to the fans, it's on the Download site: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/index.asp

I'm just glad he pulled out after reading that, he's lucky to still be alive tbh. Hopefully he'll be fine soon. ^^

EDIT, ANOTHER (VERY DISHEARTENING) UPDATE:

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=808852

For those of you that can't be arsed to click the link, the police have reported 102 cases of theft, 56 cases of violence, 35 cases of vandalism and 3 cases of rape. I can't believe this! Humanity really makes me sick sometimes...

If anyone has leads or evidence on this contact the Derbyshire police or your local police station.

Davis has been released from hospital. http://www.korntv.co.uk (the sites dead but it redirects to another one). I expected the voilence, vandalism and some theft (my phone got nicked last year) but rape is shameful. Ive said this before but rape should have a death penalty.

Touche on that comment.

Jonathan Davis sent a letter to the fans, it's on the Download site: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/index.asp

I'm just glad he pulled out after reading that, he's lucky to still be alive tbh. Hopefully he'll be fine soon. ^^

EDIT, ANOTHER (VERY DISHEARTENING) UPDATE:

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=808852

For those of you that can't be arsed to click the link, the police have reported 102 cases of theft, 56 cases of violence, 35 cases of vandalism and 3 cases of rape. I can't believe this! Humanity really makes me sick sometimes...

If anyone has leads or evidence on this contact the Derbyshire police or your local police station.

Jesus I knew things were bad but that's insane. It really was a mass riot. That's what happens with a couple of thousand drunk people. I'm surprised by the rape charges though, that's just wrong and I don't think it's happened previously.

i got woken up on sunday by hearing people outside my tent saying they had woken up and all their stuff had been stolen from their tent. thankfully i didnt drink at all when i was therer, so if someone had opened my tent i would have woken up, but still, kinda scary. I was very glad we left on sunday evening.

the crime figures are amazing. rape?? thats juts mad. although all those women wearing virtually nothing must have got the pervs kinda horny.

Sign in to follow this