NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Din

Download Festival 06

week today ill be there :o week tomorrow is deftones yey :)

that forecast webby on the download site is rubbish it changes twice everyday :/

I'm going down on Wednesday at 12. Can't wait! We've just bought all of our beer (Bloody loads!) and some food. It's going to be great as there is about 8 of us going down this year so it should be a right laugh. I'm just making a list of all the shit I need to take down with me but I know I will still end up forgetting something!

Why haven't the put the band times up yet? They normally have them up by now. I don't fancy having to pay to buy a rip-off timetable for the festival.

Edit: The timetable is up now. Woohoo going tomorrow!

ANyone having flags so they are recognizable? Share beer and stuff.

the timetables for the bands is on the main site now :)

getting beer and food tomorroz :D going to tesco with a few mates as theres a good booze deal on (2 crates for £16 ive been told). Got 12 cans of stella already so..52 cans (if crates are 20 packs) fuk..and got a half litre bottle full of vodka and a bit of cola in it.

got a wales flag not sure what gunna put on it yet as its the group flag..may discuss on way and custom it when hanging out at camp. had a olylpic flag last year and since was 5 of us each ring we drew ourselfs looked pretty cool.

got the "offical" download flyer for back of car on trip "honk if horny for download" so beep at everyone going hehe

i ave job interview on thusday morning so me and the 2 mates that im in car with will head down bout 11-12 on thursday :) will be drinking on the way up whey

woo! work tomorrow, then packing then thursday morning all be there.

admittedly I am still rather deaf from the gig i went to last night, but hopefully that will have cleared up by then.

OMG 24 hours from now ill be on my way to download..prob drinking as well whey. i love the download fest i ave great time every year and this year gunna be boiling

pain in arse thou thing is i got a jobby interview down tesco warehouse (magor)for warehouse work tomorroz morning. then i got another in bristols new job center as a administrator 3pm on monday.

bout to go shopping with mates getting booze/food and 1-2 pans to boil water etc.

gunna miss girlfriend so much on the trip..missing her at mo and only been 3 days since i last saw her :(

Apparently Metallica played a "NEW" song at their gig in Berlin last night.

Opening with motorbreath was a least surprise for a concert full of surprises, moshpit errupted, 1st times attendees there pulled off from moshpit not knowing what just hit them.After that Fuel and Wherever I may Roam came with all the rapture.Then James announced that they're playing a new song, i thought he must be kidding, new like N E W, new like never been played before!!! They ripped off through the song titled 'the new song', killer riff, Lars fierce double bass drumming, and a kirk solo, i couldn't catch any from the lyrics, but it's very auspicious! After that followed The Unforgiven and the solemnness for Master Of Puppets 20th anniversary. The whole album, the whole fucking metal bible...

Quite excellent me thinks! I want some new old Metallica stuff......if you know what I mean!

i went to millets and got some supplies, including a bright pink cooler. nice!

also got some sensible things, like sun cream, wind up radio and some really squishy insoles.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANyone having flags so they are recognizable? Share beer and stuff.

We'll have a Cornish flag, (white cross, black background) if any of you lot wanna pop along for a few beers you're more than welcome. Should Wiiiii at the top of your voice so you stand out ;)

as far as i know there will be nowt distinctive about my campsite.

i was in and around birmingham new street today, and saw alot of people obviously going to download i.e. hairy with back packs and a crate of beer. 12 hours and i'm there. i'll go on a cornish flag hunt.

Im going to download ireland tomorrow so cant wait, drink and good music here i come :-D

You are all making me bloody jealous. Unemployment and general skintness means I will be missing out.

To those that go have a good 'un.

Im back from Download! Jonathan Davis has been hospitalised so they put on Jesse Hasek (10 Years), M Shadows (A7X), Dez Fafara (Devil Driver), Benji Webbe (Skindred), Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) and Matt Heafy (Trivium). Hasek and Shadows sucked but the rest didnt do too badly. Corey was actually good and Matt didnt entirely suck balls like I though he would. None of them were as good as my friend and I though.

Soulfly were damn awesome, Metallica I couldnt sit through cuz of Lars' drumming (though it was nice of him to support JD and wish him well).

"You guys heard this shit with JD of KoRn? We don't know exactly what's going on, but our prayers need to go out to him, he's in a very bad place right now.

We dedicate this metallica show to JD. Hope everything will be all right." is what he said. I really hope he gets better. Oh yeah, it was hotter than hell in the Snickers tent when Prodigy came on.

Im back from Download! Jonathan Davis has been hospitalised so they put on Jesse Hasek (10 Years), M Shadows (A7X), Dez Fafara (Devil Driver), Benji Webbe (Skindred), Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) and Matt Heafy (Trivium). Hasek and Shadows sucked but the rest didnt do too badly. Corey was actually good and Matt didnt entirely suck balls like I though he would. None of them were as good as my friend and I though.

Soulfly were damn awesome, Metallica I couldnt sit through cuz of Lars' drumming (though it was nice of him to support JD and wish him well).

"You guys heard this shit with JD of KoRn? We don't know exactly what's going on, but our prayers need to go out to him, he's in a very bad place right now.

We dedicate this metallica show to JD. Hope everything will be all right." is what he said. I really hope he gets better. Oh yeah, it was hotter than hell in the Snickers tent when Prodigy came on.

I really wish I could have been there. I heard about John Davis too, cool that KoRn still attempted their show without him though. Sounded interesting, would have been good to see.

I heard Trivium played some new songs, and what's this I hear about Matt Heafy not shouting/screaming? :wtf:

just got back, it was really good.

metallica was awesome, master of puppets in its entirety, plus classics plus a new song. drool

dragon force and prodigy also rocked. well, most people rocked. woo!

Yeah that was true, he wasnt. Well he did for the parts that just had to be like that but I think it changed cuz the new album will be more thrash metal style. Other big news: G'n'R played 3 (maybe 4 the last hour of the show was spellbinding) new songs. One of them had bits of Martin Luther King Jr talking along with other samples.

Im just back from Downlaod Ireland!

zOMG! Metallica were unf*ckinbelievable!

They played the WHOLE of Master of Puppets :yay: one after another in a tribute to the Albums 20th Anniversary and to Cliff Burton....

They also played Whiskey in the Jar!

Stone Sour were brilliant too and AIC played some kick ass choons!

Wow......what a day....so tired tho! I have some photos on my phone I might upload some later on......zzzzzzz

EDIT:

Some pics:

Tent Stage

14289696a1074284778b241904261l.jpg

Main Arena

14289696a1074291332b146473627l.jpg

Beer Tent :yay:

14289696a1074299149b448129677l.jpg

Ulrich on Screen

14289696a1074314070b1439618l.jpg

Metallica in Full Swing:

14289696a1074315372b562608874l.jpg

Glad ya enjoyed yourself conzer, it really was an amazing gig. Did ya get a pit pass? I did, and I had such an amazing time. The atmosphere was unbelievable. This is my third time seeing Metallica, they really are excellent live. I was in so much pain going home, all the moshing drained me completely! Plus I was completely sunburnt.. And being so close to the fireworks left me partially deaf! Alice in Chains were brilliant, wasn't impressed at all by Avenging Sevenfold. I can't wait to see how my pics turn out.

Hey sparko, no wasnt too bothered about getting a pit pass. Its my 3rd time seeing them as well. I go to listen to them as opposed to moshing, it was an amazing gig. Best Ive ever heard them!

Cant wait for the new album!

What the hell is a pit pass? At Donnington if you wanted to be in the pit you ought your way there or started your own. Didnt you find Lars' snare bloody annoying? I couldnt stand it!

What the hell is a pit pass? At Donnington if you wanted to be in the pit you ought your way there or started your own. Didnt you find Lars' snare bloody annoying? I couldnt stand it!

Pit pass is a wristband that allows you into the very front on the gig - right up at the railings in front of the band.

Just got back from Download, had an hour wash :heh:. Only downside of the whole thing. Overall it rocked. Soulfly were amazing as always playing my two favourite songs from Dark Ages. Stone sour rule, brilliant new songs. In flames brilliant as well as usual. Metallica were bloody amazing, like others said the whole of the Master of Puppets and other classics. Got right to the front of it and have never headbanged so hard :D. Shame about the riot on the last night, we saw the middle of it and managed to escape back to our camp.

never heard of a pit pass before. Sounds like cheating to me. Getting to the front is a test of your love for a band, not a test of how fat your wallet is.

I didn't mind Lars's snare, certainly better than the st. anger snare. What i did find irritating was that egotistical washed up 80's rock star, Axl Rose. How astonishingly poor were Guns N' Roses!??!

never heard of a pit pass before. Sounds like cheating to me. Getting to the front is a test of your love for a band, not a test of how fat your wallet is.

I didn't mind Lars's snare, certainly better than the st. anger snare. What i did find irritating was that egotistical washed up 80's rock star, Axl Rose. How astonishingly poor were Guns N' Roses!??!

Sorry Tom I could have explained a bit better. The first 200 - 300 fans (I'm not sure how many tbh) that queue for the gig get the pit pass, you dont have to pay for it. Some people i know were queuing since 8 in the morning - the gig didnt start until 3.30!

Sign in to follow this