NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Spider-Man 2 (20th October 2023)

Very happy that I didn't get spoiled.
That moment was so cool.

And the aftermath is amazing, as well. Love the new enemy designs!

Edited by drahkon

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Erm, excuse me? Can you not on a late Saturday morning?

Side Mission Spoilers (Hide contents)

Howard :(:cry:

Spoiler

This genuinely broke me. The song choice was perfect, with him being a constant in the other games I went over to him excited to help, but damn, even though it was obvious where it was going once you got there and sat with him, I really wasn't expecting to stumble into something like that in the game so haphazardly. 

Honestly, I think this game has some of the best side quests of the year – at the very least in terms of minutes invested/reward. 

That particular side mission was one of my favourite moments in gaming this year. 

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

Honestly, I think this game has some of the best side quests of the year – at the very least in terms of minutes invested/reward. 

Definitely!
I still have a few more to go. Looking forward to them :D

Just hunted down all the remaining Hunter Drones. Caught myself swaying my head and occasionally my entire body when the flight sequences got intense :laughing: This game is a blast!

• Like 1

Done all the side activities that were available to me.
Not much left. Some districts only have one or two undiscovered activities in the map list.

Guess I'll have to advance the story a bit. I assume I'm very close to the end, so the remaining side activities might actually be post-game stuff.

There seems to be a lot of potential for DLC. A few characters have been introduced but their stories have left me hanging...

Spoiler

...for example Carnage.

I never read the comics and I only watched the Maguire movies but I've still heard of him. Seems like an interesting villain.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

:o

Spoiler

Venom is straight up badass. Just casually turning MJ into...VenoMJ? Edit: Oh...her name is "Scream"
BOOOHHHHHH

That was surprising :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, drahkon said:

:o

Even more HUGE Spoilers (Hide contents)

Venom is straight up badass. Just casually turning MJ into...VenoMJ? Edit: Oh...her name is "Scream"
BOOOHHHHHH

That was surprising :D

Spoiler

...look like a sentient pizza? That's more cheese than sauce? 

spider-man-tobey-maguire.gif

:laughing:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Julius said:
  Doesn't it kind of... (Reveal hidden contents)

...look like a sentient pizza? That's more cheese than sauce? 

spider-man-tobey-maguire.gif

:laughing:

aba8d652c84fed1d80964e309e2f4845.gif

• Haha 2

Done and Platinum get!

:bowdown:

10/10.

One question, as I'm not familiar with most of the Spider-Man characters:

Spoiler

Who is this Cindy?
She seems to be important, given the framing of that scene.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Done and Platinum get!

:bowdown:

10/10.

One question, as I'm not familiar with most of the Spider-Man characters:

Post-credit scene spoiler (Hide contents)

Who is this Cindy?
She seems to be important, given the framing of that scene.

Spoiler

Yeah, I wasnt familiar with her either. She's another Spider-Person and her name is Silk. Looks like the next game will be her and Miles.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:
  Ending (Reveal hidden contents)

Yeah, I wasnt familiar with her either. She's another Spider-Person and her name is Silk. Looks like the next game will be her and Miles.

Ohhh, interesting. Can't wait :D

I've been playing the first game on this. Having fun with it. If it's a long distance to travel the swinging is a bit annoying. 

Maybe I've been silly and not checked the controls properly, but is there a way to crouch? I do like to be stealthy at times but when you can't exactly hide behind a wall effectively. Also enemies knowing exactly where you are once you've been spotted is annoying :( I want you think I've gone and start wandering around again so I can start webbing yo' asses up. Once you start getting gang shafted on I have to run away, wait for 1 or 2 people to chase me, web them and beat the shit out of them. 

I'm so happy it's not doing the Batman-pussy-action and just knocking people out. Swinging/kicking people from high buildings that you know they're not going to survive the fall. So satisfying.

I've been taking it lax with the story just for the exploring so I don't get overloaded with icons (namely backpacks and more recently Black Cat challenges), however I think it stands out from the criticized Ubisoft formula of showing all pickups from map towers, to showing you some and then loading more once you've activated challenges later, which is nice.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :peace:

5 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Maybe I've been silly and not checked the controls properly, but is there a way to crouch?

No crouch unfortunately :blank: closest thing is perching on the edges of buildings/rails/etc. to perform stealth takedowns, so instead go out there, be the menace JJJ thinks you are, and kick some more people off of buildings :p

What's the opinion on the DLC? I can access it whenever, but naturally don't want to spoil stuff too much/be too weak etc

I'm coming to the main end of the first game I think, just Otto to finish off. Then onto the DLC. The world traversal has been made less fun with all the gunslingers seemingly everywhere, they really didn't need to pad each area out with these "crimes". The Fisk people did it adequately, then you have Sable/Demon/prisoner things too *and* base wave fights as well.

Do the other games pull this shizzle too?

5 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm coming to the main end of the first game I think, just Otto to finish off. Then onto the DLC. The world traversal has been made less fun with all the gunslingers seemingly everywhere, they really didn't need to pad each area out with these "crimes". The Fisk people did it adequately, then you have Sable/Demon/prisoner things too *and* base wave fights as well.

Do the other games pull this shizzle too?

Nah, the second game has far less padding and the traversal is far superior.

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, the second game has far less padding and the traversal is far superior.

second as in Spiderman 2 (is it considered the third), or Miles Morales?

38 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

second as in Spiderman 2 (is it considered the third), or Miles Morales?

Spidey 2

On 12/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Spidey 2

Sweet, I think I may skip Miles Morales, I've had a look at the cast and apart from Prowler, I can't see any other characters I'd be much invested in. I'm going through the DLC at the moment and waiting for the highly praised naked Black Cat cutscene.

15 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Sweet, I think I may skip Miles Morales, I've had a look at the cast and apart from Prowler, I can't see any other characters I'd be much invested in.

I'd say only jump ahead from the first game to 2 if you really want to play that particular game for the new and updated world map and traversal, and to immediately see the story from this game picked up and continued; if you're looking for the complete experience, though, especially seeing as Miles is one of the playable characters in 2 and his own game is about setting him up to step into his role in 2, I'd recommend playing it before 2. 

While the traversal isn't updated in the same way as it is in 2, there isn't nearly as much busywork as in the first game, with things like randomly spawning crimes now being able to be triggered from your phone in the game (so if you are 100%'ing it, no real need to wait around). The story and content is way, way leaner and shorter in Miles than in either game – something like 15 hours to 100%/Platinum, and probably half of that if you just crit path it. 

I also dread to imagine returning to that game after the jumps made with 2, in so many areas, but especially the speed of it's traversal. If you have any interest in the complete story (I mean, you're playing the DLC for the first game, so maybe?) or just playing Miles at any point in the future, I think before playing 2 is the right time to do so, because I do think it'll be a struggle to go back to after 2. 

23 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm going through the DLC at the moment and waiting for the highly praised naked Black Cat cutscene.

working-hard-computer.gif

26 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Sweet, I think I may skip Miles Morales, I've had a look at the cast and apart from Prowler, I can't see any other characters I'd be much invested in. I'm going through the DLC at the moment and waiting for the highly praised naked Black Cat cutscene.

Miles is still worth playing. As Julius mentioned, the game is pretty short if you just go through the story. Give it a whirl, I say.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Miles is still worth playing. As Julius mentioned, the game is pretty short if you just go through the story. Give it a whirl, I say.

spiderman-tobey-maguire.gif

NG+ and new suits arriving 7th March:

Surprised it's taken this long, but great to see it finally coming! 

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That suit on the right looks beautiful. 

The one on the left and these atrocities (even if for a good cause?) are something else, though...

53531654174_85f42125a3_h.jpg

:shakehead

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this