NEurope
Stabby

Revolution game list

The relation between Clover Studios and Nintendo is better than ever and that's a good thing for sure, especially since Mikami decided to work mainly for them.

Besides, Nintendo is building up new relations with Hideo Kojima and especially Ubisoft. And we still don't know who's side Square Enix is on, they always develop for the console that sells the best in Japan and there's a good chance that might be Nintendo since PS3 will be really expensive to develop for.

Revolution will take a good chunk of Sony's market share and even if SQ's games sell as good on PS3 as on PS2, they will make a lot less profit. Big SQ projects cost dozens of millions of dollars to make on PS2 and I'm expecting the development costs on PS3 to double. Is that a good thing for SQ? Everything but.

Square Enix has always been a big-budget developer that makes high quality games, but will they be willing to give up millions for PS3 while there's actually a console that is MUCH MUCH cheaper to develop for?

we'll just have to wait and see, I'm not betting on Square leaving Sony just yet... Even though they bought their passport when they merged with Enix.

Clover studio relation is with the creators and nintendo, no stockholders involved, but the stockholders can come in and say "no no... we want that game ported for PS3" they probably won't this time because Shinji Mikami wouldn't be willing too, but that's not a good relation between companies, when one can betray the other so easily...

Anyway I'm not saying Nintendo has hardfeelings about Capcom, but what hellfire said that was happening is normal after what happened, it happened also with Square but still... we all hope square comes running in our alley... Nintendo is way more inteligent than it was back then, they won't let that interfere with games... but it's a strict bussiness relation with the company itself, not a buddie relation like it once was.

Also, even though Kojima always adored nintendo... Konami obliges him to release MGS4 exclusive for PS3 for example, it's no question that hideo and myiamoto are buddies, but in the end konami decides what he can, and can't do. Releasing MGS on a Gamecube this generation would mean lower sales than PS2, this can change, but until then... we won't have a exclusive MGS.

I'm holding my breath for revolution... I have no doubts that revolution will be a profitable console, more than PS3 and Xbox360 per unit at least... but...

Nintendo can't make the gamecube mistakes anymore. Even with that said... Square coming for nintendo is up to them (and what Sony would be willing to pay them for a exclusive), not nintendo...

Remember they chose PSone overt N64 because the disc space, they wanted to put more and more FMV in it, and that's still true with FF series nowadays... Bluray or HD-DVD would be the natural upgrade for what square always wanted in their FF games since PSone. So far it all points to Square supporting Sony in spite of Nintendo (for FF at least).

Don't expect too much from revo, in what concerns third party's you can only count on Nintendo games, otherwise you would be putting to much pressure on the console and, those may or may not happen.

I've updated the list:

Project IM removed

THQ's cars added, changed 3 unknown projects to 2

Exclusive Blitz game added

Exclusive Natsume game added

N-space project added

Cooking game added

New Nintendo IP added

Thorn added

Darkness added

Trauma Center added

Pangya Golf added

TNA iMPACT added

Transformers added

I have also marked the games that are confirmed to be online.

There's a total of 69 games + whatever Atari and Koei are working on.

I'm making a list based on official announcements, IGN's game list and BigTac's confirmations.

Nintendo

FPS game

WOOT!?!

Nintendo are making an FPS!?!

I can't wait 'till E3!!

looks like finaly fantasy cc for revolution is a launch title or very close to launch, the launch is getting beater by the day.

Youichi Wada, president of Square Enix, spread some positive comments for the company's upcoming Revolution title Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, saying the game will feature "magnificent graphics and an intense use of the revolutionary control of the platform."

Wada says the Revolution game will have a deeper plot than its GameCube predecessor and feature online capabilities. Crystal Chronicles was the first third-party title announced for the Revolution and is expected to be a launch title. Wada says the game will be available in the U.S. by the end of the year.

from nintendojo.com

looks like finaly fantasy cc for revolution is a launch title or very close to launch, the launch is getting beater by the day.
good news indeed. he mentioned "awesome graphics" without being afraid to be proven wrong afterwards, seems like revo can output beautiful things, then again FFCC could feel empty, but was always top notch graphics-wise, so what they really need to work is on that "emptyness".

id love for this FFCC to be multiplayer online, co-op i should say. id love to do the battles as i did in the first one with people from around the world. rather than trying to get my brother to join in, and then for some reason the GBA to GC lead that he used didnt work!?! so then we scrapped it. if they use the ds to do the same connectivity it would be awesome. much easier without toe wires everwhere. also because of the two screens a map could be displayed all the time, aswell as the inventory instead of changing, i think, everytime you wanted to do so on the GBA.

good news indeed. he mentioned "awesome graphics" without being afraid to be proven wrong afterwards, seems like revo can output beautiful things, then again FFCC could feel empty, but was always top notch graphics-wise, so what they really need to work is on that "emptyness".

Yeah, FFCC for Cube was pretty but it was repetitive, boring and got you an empty feeling.

I'm not looking forward to a Rev version really, the Cube version was the first and one of the few dissappointments I've had with the Cube (don't by that many games).

Apologies if this has been posted but according to gamefront.de Nintendo have registered the following trademarks.

"New trademark protection entries of Nintendo

04.03.06 - Nintendo requested trademark protection for several names with the Japanese patent office. It is unclear, which it concerns (play, Hardware designation, Sub-title, etc..):

- Tornado

- Nekosogi Tornado

- Bioumu

- Kuru Keshi!" [/Quote]

Kuru Keshi would seem to backup the suggestions that have already been made about a Kuru Kuru Kururin title for Revolution, I loved the GBA title and I think this'd work really well with the Revo controller.

I also looked up Nekosogi on google and found quite a lot of images of some anime characters, maybe a game based on that...

Also, someone on the gamesradar forums posted this and suggested that Tornado may be the final name for Revolution as it is trademarked and so is a game seemingly with that in its title (Mario 64...Mario Tornado). Who knows whether they're right or not, I doubt it but you never know - Its something to think about anyway...

tornado was a game by factor 5 for Gamecube at some point in time, don't know if it's related.

http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/332

NIBRIS announces another Revolution exclusive title.

Earlier today, Polish developer NIBRIS provided Revolution Report with an exclusive update on its Revolution projects.

According to NIBRIS' Project Manager Piotr Orlowski, the studio has been busy as of late preparing a demo of the DS Raid over the River for E3 in May. He also mentioned briefly that the Revolution version might make an appearance during the show in one form or another.

Orlowski could not confirm recent reports concerning the inexpensive nature of the Nintendo Revolution's SDK, but did say that they "are very happy that Nintendo thinks very reasonably about third-party developers."

Additionaly, he noted that although the team is working on Raid over the River, they are simultaneously developing the previously announced gothic-horror project, now under the working title of "Sadness." According to Orlowski, Sadness is "only for Revolution." Moreover, exclusive information and materials about this project will be provided to Revolution Report as soon as possible. First screens of Sadness will apparently be placed on NIBRIS' Web site towards the end of April.

About that last stement, I'm not sure what is exactly meant by this or if it's actually correct. I will try to contact their publisher and some other publishers to see if it's still a possibility this could happen. Showing in-games screenshots. Will it simply be concept drawings, artwork, character/objects models ?

i thought the factor 5 game was thornado and not tornado, how can nintendo put a trade mark on Tornado it's a common word unless it was translated wrong. Sadness sounds allright the more adult type games the beater i just hope all these smaller developers finds a publisher.

Tornado would be a brilliant name for the revolution! Reminds me of the Tornado GR4:

gr4-lakesx.jpg

:D

i thought the factor 5 game was thornado and not tornado,
Yeah your right, Factor 5's game was Thornado.

It's great how many new games and exclusives are being announced day to day!!!

I doubt Tornado is the final Revolution name. It resembles more to a EU console and I also can't think of a reason why Tornado + RevMote would match somehow.

It's not a great name for a console anyway, perhaps it's the new franchise they're trademarking?

"Nintendo can't make the gamecube mistakes anymore. Even with that said... Square coming for nintendo is up to them (and what Sony would be willing to pay them for a exclusive), not nintendo...

Your right....

However, I remember Square being the most enthusiastic when it came to what the REV is and what it can do.

I remember their famous qoute "It is exactly what we wanted out of the next generation. Not just a portable, not just a console, but a birth of a new system."

That makes me believe Square is on board and is willing to at least take a chance if not pledge full support.

ALSO REGARDING TRADEMARKS

Nintendo before last year's E3 registered a new Super Punch OUT trademark. Who knows what has come of it.

"I also can't think of a reason why Tornado + RevMote would match somehow."

You'd swing the controller around and cause injury to others within close proximity...sounds like a Tornado to me. :wink:

Spiderman and Exclusive Sonic on Revolution?!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4707

The latest issue of US publication Electronic Gaming Monthly has rumours within its hallowed pages stated that Spiderman is definitely coming to Nintendo's Revolution and reiterates that there will be an exclusive Sonic game coming as well (as previously reported).

This is further confirmation of the exclusive Rev Sonic game!

Great to hear Spiderman might be on the Rev and it would be even better if the Rev got a Spiderman game (whether it's based on Spiderman 3 or not) that uses the controllers for web-slinging around the city!

Call of Duty Revolution?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4716

IGN's Matt Cassamassina is at it again with another rumour. His latest blog, discussing Capcom, Sega, Atlus and Ubisoft on the Revolution states: "...Activision with a rumored version of Call of Duty that takes full advantage of the Revmote."

Would be a great addition if true!!

A gothic horror game (Saddness) for Revolution [Exclusive]

http://http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/332

"All I can say now is that it is going to be a gothic horror [game], which will scare not with the amount of blood but with sheer atmosphere. Imagine a game in which you do not use guns or knives but you will have to protect yourself with the objects you find exploring the ground -- a stone, a stick, etc," he said. "Some examples of using the controller - you swing a torch with it to scare the rats off; you slit the throat (controller as a piece of glass or a knife); if you want to climb the wall you will have to hook a rope over the piece of a wall sticking out (controller serving as a lasso). And this is only the beginning."

:wink:

Edit: Now I fix that link...

Edit2: Sorry my poor english..

Edit3: That link doesn't work at all, so I copy them here:

Exclusive: Sadness Announced, Raid over the River Details

by Shawn White (03/06/06)

Earlier today, Polish developer NIBRIS provided Revolution Report with an exclusive update on its Revolution projects.

According to NIBRIS' Project Manager Piotr Orlowski, the studio has been busy as of late preparing a demo of the DS Raid over the River for E3 in May. He also mentioned briefly that the Revolution version might make an appearance during the show in one form or another.

Orlowski could not confirm recent reports concerning the inexpensive nature of the Nintendo Revolution's SDK, but did say that they "are very happy that Nintendo thinks very reasonably about third-party developers."

Additionally, he noted that although the team is working on Raid over the River, they are simultaneously developing the previously announced gothic-horror project, now under the working title of "Sadness." According to Orlowski, Sadness is "only for Revolution." Moreover, exclusive information and materials about this project will be provided to Revolution Report as soon as possible. First screens of Sadness will apparently be placed on NIBRIS' Web site towards the end of April.

Revolution Report will continue to keep you updated on the status of NIBRIS' titles.

ok that's weird... the link sends me to the microsoft website... hmmm

Tom Clancy's Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - March 2007

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - November 2006

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, PS2) - March 2007

Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - March 2007

Lumines 2 (PS2, PSP)

Game 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007

Alive (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007

Naruto (Xbox 360)

Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PS2, handheld) - November 2006

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Brothers in Arms 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo Revolution, DS ) - February 2007

Ninja Turtles (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution, PC, handheld) - Spring 2007

Highway Battles (Xbox 360)

Enchant Arms (Xbox 360) - July 2006

Blazing Angel 1.5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox) - November 2006

Ghost Recon 3 (PS3) - November 2006

Ghost Recon 3 mission pack (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and PSP)

A Supposed List of Ubisoft?? Real or True? But is exactly what BigTac Said :

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - November 2006

Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - March 2007

Brothers in Arms 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo Revolution, DS ) - February 2007

Ninja Turtles (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution, PC, handheld) - Spring 2007

Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PS2, handheld) - November 2006

Weren't they supposed to have a exclusive title for the Revo?

PS. Zicler, és tuga?

Don't worry if you don't understand that :p

Olha o Zicler, há tto tempo!

Sorrty for speaking portuguese.

Anyway, I was at a conference today from a big Portuguese company (big in Portugal, not so big considering other game developers) called Ydreams. You might know them from the cell phone game Undercover, which was the first game to use location recognition technology and for the cell phone game for the BBC show Spooks. Anyway, they work with augmented reality and whatnot and are always trying to innovate. Which of course made me think about Revolution and DS. Now, to cut to the chase, they anounced they were making Nintendo DS and Revolution videogames. They could say nothing about the Rev game, except that it was a football game. This is VERY important news. If a portuguese company (our country is horribly positioned in the game development market) can make a Revolution game, surely what Nintendo said about captivating small developers is true. The spokesman for the company said that they were interested in Revolution (DS and PSP too) specially because of the motion tracking (a field they're familiar with) and because it was very cheap, easy to program and because Nintendo was handling third parties extremely well. Huge change from the N64 days wouldn't you say? While this might be small, it's actually very important news.

Here's the company's site by the way:

http://www.ydreams.com/ydreams_2005/index.php?version=1〈=en