N-Europe

Eternal Darkness Help*possible spoilers*

Before anyone asks I checked Gamefaqs but wasn't able to find the answer.:o

I'm on the Chapter "Ashes to ashes" and I've explored all of the tomb, or whatever it is, but I have yet to find the sapphire effigy. I read that I was supposed to get it while playing as Roberto but I didn't see it. So now I'm standing beside the bas-reliefs with a statue missing? Does anyone know where the sapphire effigy is? Is it essential to have?

when you go down a ladder, and walk through a narrow passage, you will feel a rumble on your controller.... use 'reveal invisible' for the sapphire effigy.

what the effigys do:

get all three for the sword of light for alex. good for final boss.

man this is an awesome game...

• 8 months later...

Hi there, I just finished Eternal Darkness for the first time about 30 minutes ago. Without reading any FAQs or guides I managed to find all 3 coloured Effigies.

The game has awesome mood, I especially loved the soundtrack and also most of the cinematics are ace, but I found the ending a bit disapointing.... When I finish a game I like to see a grand and long end sequence. Oh well, it's still an awesome game. And a lacklustre end sequence hasn't done any harm to the masterpiece that is Metroid Prime, so I guess I'm just being picky.

This is one of the truly obligatory GC games for any "real gamer". It has everything you'd want, great atmosphere, great story and THE best voice acting I've ever heard in any game ever! I mean, these actors truly give an impressive performance throughout, you feel the characters. Wholeheartedly recomended (even though I reckon everybody in this forum has already the game...).

Hi there, I just finished Eternal Darkness for the first time about 30 minutes ago. Without reading any FAQs or guides I managed to find all 3 coloured Effigies.

Just 2 more times to unlock everything. (including a bonus ending). The only thing I would of liked is more of the

Guardian Fight.

I borrowed it and got up the the Boss of the War level...He's hard :(

Not really, once you figure out what to do and most importantly how you can do it.

Knowing what to do is easy enough, the game tells you by giving you the Magick Attack scroll just before... But it took me a while to discover that I could use the Magickal Attack on the God from way back... I thought I had to use it right near him, so obviously the 7 point spell took too long to charge and I got bitchslapped by the demon.

But none of the game enemies are really too hard, IMHO.

It depends, the mini-boss is actually different for each alignment.

Although the general strategy remains the same. But I found Ulyoth to be the easiest. Maybe because it was the last one I defeated, but his spells don't actually hurt you (but deplete your magic meter). In the 3rd phase, each one of them tries to stomp you, but if I remember correctly some are more frantic than others (well, maybe I just got used to the rhythm). One level 7 spell will kill the greater guardian (the mini-boss) immediately, and if you time it right, you do have the time to power up to this level. This is the case for all three of them. Just circle around it the first round and take note how many times they attack before the pause. Than just count, and immediately start your spell after the last one. Don't pay much attention to the zombies, kill them with the same attack, and avoid them the rest of the time.

Yeah, I know. When I said I had trouble loading the 7 point spell, it was right near him. You see, my first strategy was to first kill the 3 zombies and then run right up to under the God's belly and there load the spell. It doesn't work. :D

I didn't even remember he stomped you, hehe. Anyway, compared to Metroid Prime or Meta Ridley this boss is a piece of cake.