NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Thanks for the games. :smile:

I might as well retire as Terry now, I'm not sure anything will top a "Are you OK? B-" *cancels into final smash* in the last minute there. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (13/04/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

Ok then, note to self: Do not throw Beetle into Piranha Plant's Poison Cloud: :heh:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2119049352?t=0h47m20s

:laughing:

19 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

You had the perfect Mii to counter Sephiroth’s moves there in that first fight, even then it was close.

Yeah, it took me way too long to realise that though. :grin:

• Haha 2

Right, bored with Smash. Let's play a funnier game!

PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale

GLmZDWSaQAA3x3E?format=jpg&name=large

I've done this theme before, but it's gotten 4 new characters since then, and they're pretty heavy hitters!

So yeah, in case it wasn't obvious, every character here has appeared on at least one PlayStation console, and none of them appear on the actual PS All-Stars Battle Royale, because it's forever funny to point and laugh at that game's roster!

Mii characters are allowed, but they must be wearing a costume based on a character that has appeared on PlayStation (Goemon, Cuphead, Sans, etc.)

There are also a couple of costume restrictions

Cloud - No Advent Children costumes
Bayonetta - No Bayonetta 2 costumes (Short Hair)

GLmZDWnbgAAtN2S?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Battlefield
Small Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Windy Hill Zone
Wily Castle
PAC-LAND
Suzaku Castle
Midgar
Umbra Clock Tower
Dracula's Castle
Mementos

Yggdrasil's Altar
King of Fighter's Stadium
Minecraft World
Northern Cave
Mishima Dojo
Hollow Bastion

Spoiler

GLmZDWJa4AANLrT?format=jpg&name=large

Items are either from specific games from PlayStation titles, or are generic enough, you can get away with it. Except the Fake Smash Ball, that's there because I'm making a point.

Format - 3 Stock
FS Meter - On

See you at 7:30!

• Like 2

Got a heads-up on the theme from Glen-i, enabling me to create an appropriate custom stage for tonight. It's a pretty simple one, yet I somehow managed to crash stage builder while making it! :woops:
However, this also led to an incredible new gimmick discovery :idea: (I'm talking cannon graveyard level silliness :D) but I'm going to hold it back for another build and to do some more tweaking, so you won't be seeing that tonight.
If all goes to plan though... Mwahahahaaaa!!!! :laughing:;)

Anyway, see you later for some "all-star" battles. :heh:
:peace:

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

In hindsight, @RedShell's stage shouldn't have surprised me. Parappa is one of the vanishingly few inspired characters in that game, and I can totally imagine he likes that game.

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (20/04/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

In hindsight, @RedShell's stage shouldn't have surprised me. Parappa is one of the vanishingly few inspired characters in that game, and I can totally imagine he likes that game.

Indeed I do. :D

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Great games, my only win came from the guy that destroys the world. And fun impromptu final match was fun. 

You almost did an amazing comeback against Glen-i on my Epic Flail stage though (Ryu vs Ken) I was on the edge of my seat spectating that battle. :hehe:

Anyway, cheers for the games everyone!
:peace:

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

You almost did an amazing comeback against Glen-i on my Epic Flail stage though (Ryu vs Ken) I was on the edge of my seat spectating that battle.

Man that was a great match. Was getting tense and either of us had that match.  @Glen-i even said over VC that I deserved the win. 

19 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Was getting tense and either of us had that match.  @Glen-i even said over VC that I deserved the win. 

He did. Purely because of the scope of his comeback. It was truly excellent fighting on your part.

That said, I still clinched it in the end, so neener, neener, neener!

• Like 1

Bit late on responding here, but bravo on the Parappa stage there @RedShell, I see you really did your homework there.  It's basically spot on to the original game! :D

33 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Bit late on responding here, but bravo on the Parappa stage there @RedShell, I see you really did your homework there.  It's basically spot on to the original game! :D

Hehehe, cheers! :grin:
Yeah, it's just missing a few aspects due to hitting the weight limit (and to keep performance decent) I also had to make the onion on the back wall a Smash logo, again for technical reasons. Stage builder really does not like it when you draw objects with too many colours/terrain parts. 
At least I was able to include the wood panelling on the walls though, a detail that they seemingly forgot in the Battle Royale version of Fruites Dojo. :hehe:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

That said, I still clinched it in the end, so neener, neener, neener!

Bah. Only cause Smash doesn’t care who deserves it, it giveth and it taketh away.