NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

BTW.  We figured out what was going on with my wired GCN controller… turns out that it wasn’t the G-Bros adapter’s fault; it was the c-stick.  Turns out that the c-stick on my wired Smash GCN controller was knackered (I blame @Glen-i for being too rough with it ;)) and was starting to drift like mad; and because I have tilt attacks mapped to the c-stick, it was causing my controls to freak out while we were playing (BTW, I normally play with one of my many Wavebirds, but since I need to play in handheld mode during Smash nights? I have to use the wired controller with a G-Bros adapter as there’s no other way of using a GCN controller in handheld mode).

Luckily though, I just so happened to have a spare old busted GCN controller in my box of crap that I could salvage for parts.  So, armed with my trust soldering iron and some reckless courage…

4RwL0Uv.jpeg

q6lQY6X.jpegits-alive-gene-wilder.gif

All fixed! All working perfectly now :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Turns out that the c-stick on my wired Smash GCN controller was knackered (I blame @Glen-i for being too rough with it ;))

SLANDER!

If it was anything other then the C-stick, you might have had a point, but I literally never use the C-stick in Smash!

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Sorry. :heh:

Eh, it was Time. Everyone dying at the start made no difference.

Well, I'd say that, if it wasn't for @S.C.G getting a very cheeky K.O!

5 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

We were trying to figure out how we got off there. Even the second time we played it (which may have been that time) we still all tried running to the edges to get off.

There's no way off, I think... I hope. :hehe:
It actually took quite a bit of tinkering to get it to work like that though, as stage builder really wanted to spawn a player on the actual stage instead.

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Eh, it was Time. Everyone dying at the start made no difference.

Wouldn't make a difference on stock either, everybody's losing one. :D Shame we didn't get a Sudden Death on that stage, let's just say it'd be pretty sudden. ;)

• Haha 2

Great stage @RedShell. Great matches tonight with a few very close and tense ones.

And can I just say how much I love that we all now know to automatically play it as a doubles match when that happens. Was it Minecraft vs Starfox?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

And can I just say how much I love that we all now know to automatically play it as a doubles match when that happens. Was it Minecraft vs Starfox?

Yup, 2 Steves VS 2 Foxes. I love the rare impromptu doubles match! Happens so infrequently, that it feels like an event when it happens.

Also, @RedShell. Literally laughing at the movement of the sponge in your Nintendogs stage. Don't ever edit that aspect of it!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (10/02/2024)

- - - - -

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Marth's ridiculous Smash Ball version of his Final Smash strikes again! Stamina Mode is just a suggestion.

Didn't deserve that second last match, still laughed my head off!

Edited by Glen-i

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Marth's ridiculous Smash Ball version of his Final Smash strikes again! Stamina Mode is just a suggestion.

Didn't deserve that second last match, still laughed my head off!

That was the closest I got to a win tonight and you took it away from me. 1.6% was it? I hope you're happy. 

So, catching up on Sakurai's YouTube channel and couldn't help but laugh at this.

We'd get along well, I'd say.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (17/02/2024)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

We'd get along well, I'd say.

When the guy that made the game plays the same way as you do, then that means we are doing something right. 

I get there is a market for the purists, the 1v1 no items on the flattest stage and fair play to them, let them enjoy it that way. But to me Smash is all about the utter chaos and hilarity of chasing after the pokeball or assist trophy, avoiding the F-Zero machines as they zoom towards you on track, Toon Linking because the bridge breaks when you land on it, avoiding bees, and the many other moments that make us laugh on VC.

Right, theme night tonight. Let's get...

Smash Done Quick

GGk1-0sbMAAqYfI?format=jpg&name=large

No, I don't mean we're ending early. This theme is based on Awesome Games Done Quick. A speedrunning charity event that takes place at the start of every year. This year was great! A dog played through Gyromite!

Anyway the characters here were all controlled by runners at one point. With the exception of R.O.B., but come on, a dog played through Gyromite! It's effectively a R.O.B game anyway.

Be aware that if you pick Pokémon Trainer, you are only allowed to use Charizard.

GGk1-0Vb0AA0Ou0?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler
  • Peach's Castle
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Dream Land
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Kongo Falls
  • Jungle Japes
  • Great Bay
  • Brinstar
  • Green Greens
  • Corneria
  • Venom
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Norfair
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Spear Pillar
  • Paper Mario
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Mute City SNES
  • Arena Ferox
  • Coliseum
  • Wily Castle
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Umbra Clock Tower
  • Great Plateau Tower
  • Dracula's Castle
Spoiler

GGk1-0VbcAA5w38?format=jpg&name=large

Stages and items are a bit more lenient, but follow a similar theme. Stages that are a bit vague about what game they're from are included anyway (Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, etc.) to increase the variety.

Format: Time, 3 minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 7:30pm!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

A dog played through Gyromite!

Forget Smash I wanna see this lol

Also boo them players for not using Pyra/Mythra. 

• Haha 1

I tallied up the points for the impromptu Yoshies VS Charizards Doubles match and the Charizards won +1 to -1.

That is all.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (24/02/2024)

- - - - -

• Like 1

Some very fun matches tonight. At one point Samus was three for three then it went downhill. 
Last week I don’t think I won a single match, this week I have a good share of victories. That’s why I love the way our games are played. Anyone can win any match. (Unless it’s Samus, cause Samus always wins (almost)),

• Like 1

Man, I've always been terrible at avoiding final smashes, but last night was just ridiculous. That one as Goemon was especially embarrassing. :laughing:

But yeah, fun games.
Cheers everyone!
:peace:

I really wish we always went with a 2:30 limit, for time, stock and stamina modes. The matches feel way more intense, there's less waiting for spectators, and a big increase in the amount of Sudden Deaths too! :D And they're always fun, unless your opponent is Charizard. :heh:

• Thanks 1