NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Gold Coin Collection 2018

Anyone spent their points in the sale yet? I spent About 2800 gold points on these.
(New release not in sale)
PF8vOPd.jpg

ESg68Ag.jpg

mvnsq5F.jpg

And I have this much left over
IofdXAA.jpg

Not a lot in the sale I actually wanted to be honest.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 1

I still have some stuff to buy, so I'm really going to wait until the last minute.

Edit:

In fact, if you're sure that total is final, I'm not going to update this chart but rather use it as the starting total for 2019.

Edited by Sméagol

563 Gold coins at the moment, and I don't think that number is going to increase. I do have two second-hand games laying around that I haven't played yet, but I think the person before me already claimed the gold coins. Won't play them/claim them this year, so I think 563 is final! Further, 1620 useless platinum coins of which a bunch will expire again by the end of this month, just like in previous months...

OK, spending binge from eShop vouchers done, I guess I'm ending the year with 1,571 gold points.

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

OK, spending binge from eShop vouchers done, I guess I'm ending the year with 1,571 gold points.

Scratch that, I went and used some to get Child of Light.

Now I'm at 656.

Final results. /voice over voice

y4mbU5PGy7QNq6IctSdme4kHfSItQGaTzg9Ym06m

Double points from Smash got applied later + the SEGA Mega Drive Collection being my final game of 2018.

On 24-12-2018 at 10:35 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

563 Gold coins at the moment, and I don't think that number is going to increase. I do have two second-hand games laying around that I haven't played yet, but I think the person before me already claimed the gold coins. Won't play them/claim them this year, so I think 563 is final! Further, 1620 useless platinum coins of which a bunch will expire again by the end of this month, just like in previous months...

Guess it wasn't final, bought 2 more games in the sale and my 2018 Final Score is 661. I did spend some coins somewhere this year already so it's not a total accumulation.

I've been keeping my eye on MyNintendo in recent weeks for Virtual Console games on 3DS to spend my coins on.

I wish I had bought Super Probotector before it disappeared but I've picked up Pilotwings, Super Metroid and Super Mario World recently but there's nothing this week, sadly, with most discounts being for Wii U releases.

I'd quite like to have the DKC Trilogy on 3DS at this stage so hopefully they'll appear soon. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja is currently on, having already been available before, so hopefully I just need to be patient and I can start building up a few more SNES titles on my 3DS. It's extremely convenient, though I'm not sure if that's enough to make me want to pick up A Link to the Past again.. :grin:

Update coming. Previous chart here for reference:

Current Gold Coin Collection Rankings (05-12-2018)

01] 2495 SMBCoin.gif - Emerald Emblem
  02] 2242 SMBCoin.gif - Sméagol
03] 1072 SMBCoin.gif - Ike
  04]  748 SMBCoin.gif - londragon
  05]  680 SMBCoin.gif - martinist
  06]  400 SMBCoin.gif - ArtMediocre
  07]  398 SMBCoin.gif - BowserBasher
  08]  257 SMBCoin.gif - Vileplume2000
  09]  249 SMBCoin.gif - Kounan
  10]  140 SMBCoin.gif - Glen-i

11]  120 SMBCoin.gif - bob
  12]  114 SMBCoin.gif - Ugh first aid
  13]   48 SMBCoin.gif - markderoos
▼ 14]   42 SMBCoin.gif - Nicktendo

15]    SMBCoin.gif - Dcubed
▼ 15]    0 SMBCoin.gif - RedShell

• Thanks 1

First of all, my first and final pic of my own score:

goldcoins.png

I intended to both buy a few digital games and spend the coins before the end of the year.. But I didn't. Popstponing EVERYTHING! That's me.

Final result (unless some of the people here want to update their totals)

01] 3439 SMBCoin.gif - Emerald Emblem
  02] 2802 SMBCoin.gif - Sméagol
  03] 1507 SMBCoin.gif - Ike
 04]  882 SMBCoin.gif - RedShell

05]  748 SMBCoin.gif - londragon
06]  680 SMBCoin.gif - martinist
07]  661 SMBCoin.gif - Vileplume2000
08]  656 SMBCoin.gif - Glen-i

09]  400 SMBCoin.gif - ArtMediocre
10]  398 SMBCoin.gif - BowserBasher
11]  249 SMBCoin.gif - Kounan
12]  120 SMBCoin.gif - bob
13]  114 SMBCoin.gif - Ugh first aid
14]   48 SMBCoin.gif - markderoos
▼ 15]   42 SMBCoin.gif - Nicktendo

16]    SMBCoin.gif - Dcubed

So clearly I'm the winner :p
But seriously, I'm going to do things differently probably for the next thread. This chart doesn't keep track of people spending coins, or what the highest total is. I'll think about how I want to do things for 2019. @Emerald Emblem is probably "the winner", but he hasn't given the total before spending his last coins.

Edited by Sméagol

52 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Well going back from where I am now, I believe I had about 3439 points.

Grr..

:p

Sign in to follow this