NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Couple of highlights from me.

Oh, BTW. @viceview51 your score for GP2 is 18. (28 after the bonus points) Do you want to keep it? If you don't want it counted, I can move your Bonus Points from the Random Task you completed to a different GP.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

jGtb4ZH.png  9vWPVyR.png  hQHqJip.png

Note: Score discounts the CPU's that took part, so the results are treated like a 6-player race. The number of players you beat determines your placing for each race.
The bonus points you get for completing the random task are not reflected in the above picture. Add 10 points to the GP you completed the task in to figure out your score. The bonus points are reflected in the following League table.

2wDVoWp.png

Ooooh! Look, there's a new column! How exciting!
Incredibly early days, averages are prone to wild fluctuation during the first month. Still, @RedShell makes a solid start with 2 wins and a third place.
I can verify that all five of the Random Task participants successfully completed their "Chicken Ramp Dilemma" Task. Of course, that was a very easy one. I'm hoping to slowly raise the difficulty as we progress through the rest of the year.
2 of you decided to get it over and done with in the first lap, 2 of you waited until the 2nd lap, hoping for a mushroom, but after they didn't get one, didn't feel brave enough to risk the 3rd lap. Meanwhile, one lucky bugger got a mushroom immediately after the race started and rocketed through the task with no downside!

I'm gonna point out that there will be a total of 75 GP's in this league Taking part in 38 GP's will qualify you for the final results. That's just under 13 weeks worth.

Next League Night: 12th July 8pm

M2px9vc.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

Can you guess the game coming out next week? OK yeah, sure, fair enough. But I wonder if you can guess the task?
So, it's time to explain a little more about some of the nuances of the Random Task edition. The majority of the tasks will be three different tasks, spread out between the players that aim to have a common theme. But every now and then, everyone will get the same task. We're gonna try one of those this week! Just to get your feet wet. Declare yourself IN! nice and early to take part and go for those bonus points!

Spoiler

Sports Coupé - Use the Mach 8. (Not available from the start)

Azure Roller - Use the Roller.

Peach Parasol - Use the Parafoil.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:56 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

No problem, I know the deadline for that is before your reminder post. It's just that Thursday nights are too random for me to declare in our out far in advance.

So I've been thinking about the situation Vileplume2000 found himself in this week. He's not the only one who can't be certain whether he can take part before Thursday, and I don't want people to miss out on the opportunity to do the Random Task. I've been thinking about how this can be avoided.
I can try my best to check for last minute declarations at 7:30pm and get the tasks out.
Failing that, I recommend declaring yourself IN! early anyway. If something comes up, you can always notify me on this thread (Like martinist did) and BowserBasher and I will know.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I'm curious about what the Chicken Ramp Task was!

I'm glad you asked.

Tell me, did you notice something strange when you were behind me on the 2nd lap of GBA Mario Circuit?

Weird, huh? Why would I be so keen to hit that ramp without a Mushroom?
The task involved me giving each of the participants a ramp that they had to hit at least once during a race. Because it only needed to be driven off of once, it left us with a choice of which lap to do it on. Do it straight away and use the rest of the race to make up the time lost, or wait for a Mushroom/Star and save time at the risk of getting no such item and having less time to catch up.

GBA Mario Circuit wasn't the only track some people had to do this on, 2 other tracks were involved for the rest. But that's up to the others to divulge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

giphy.gif&f=1

• Haha 3

Hello there!

I have been lurking in the shadows for a few days now, and I have just decided that I want to make this forum my new home for years to come. I was looking for a forum thread in order to introduce myself to the community, but it doesn't seem to exist, so I will just do it here. I hope you don't mind!

My name is Ángel and I hail from Spain. I arrived to this forum through Google, and I already love it! I was wondering if you would let me join you in these leagues. I would love to play Splatoon 2, too!

Are you using Discord for communication? I'll warn you I tend to yell and threaten to find you and end you, but this is Mario Kart. I am 100% sure all of you do the same.

I hope to see you soon. Best regards,

Gourmet

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

Hello there!

I have been lurking in the shadows for a few days now, and I have just decided that I want to make this forum my new home for years to come. I was looking for a forum thread in order to introduce myself to the community, but it doesn't seem to exist, so I will just do it here. I hope you don't mind!

My name is Ángel and I hail from Spain. I arrived to this forum through Google, and I already love it! I was wondering if you would let me join you in these leagues. I would love to play Splatoon 2, too!

Are you using Discord for communication? I'll warn you I tend to yell and threaten to find you and end you, but this is Mario Kart. I am 100% sure all of you do the same.

Gourmet

You're more than welcome to join the League and welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy it here.

I'm sure you know how it goes, but I'll just repeat myself to make sure.

We play every Thursday at 8pm UK time. I believe that's 9pm for Spain. The room will be opened by @BowserBasher around 15 minutes before, so try to be a bit early.

You have to follow the theme setup, so make sure you have a look at the picture in my previous post and use the correct vehicle setup and choose the right tracks.

If you don't have a vehicle part, look in the alternative parts section. If you still don't have it, ask me. You can quickly get my attention by typing the @ symbol, followed by my name. @Glen-i, like that.

You'll also need to add @BowserBasher's Friend Code. He's the host.

His friend code is 8313-9234-5620

While you're at it, you best add my friend code as well. In case I have to host the room.

Mine is 3034-9087-7910

And I'll be sending your random task sometime tomorrow. It'll be through a Private Message. Keep an eye on the top right of the page for a number to appear on the envelope.

I think that covers everything... Oh right, we normally play Splatoon 2 afterwards at 9:15pm (10:15pm in Spain). So feel free to join in.

If you have any questions, just ask.

• Thanks 1

On 10/07/2018 at 11:37 PM, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

Hello there!

Gourmet

Hola, y bienvenido a N-E! :)
Yo tambien soy de España, pero llevo muchos años viviendo en Inglaterra, entonces mi Español esta algo estropeado. :heh: So yeah, that's all the Spanish you're getting from me. :hehe: 

Anyway, see you on the race track! I'll be the crazy player that's constantly throwing items in every direction, looking to cause as much mayhem as possible. :laughing:

:peace:

*Sees H-o-T has posted in the thread*

He's joining!?

On 11/07/2018 at 7:27 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

giphy.gif

IgMyx.gif

:heh:

Edited by RedShell
I can't write properly in any language :p
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

opu0pt.jpg

200.gif

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Blood shall be spilled tonight. I can not wait.

Welcome to the league. If you’ve sent me a friend request I’ll be sure to accept it before I set the room up. I’ll show up as Simon when playing online. 

15 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

IN!

Again a bit late so no worries if you can't assign a random task.

Guess who just figured out the "Invite to conversation" button?

Make sure you check your Private Messages.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

I can't believe my wifi is so awful.

Try turning your switch off. That normally helps.