NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 Coming To Switch

On 25/04/2018 at 10:37 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Would like to try out Raid Mode in the near future, so if someone is up for some co-op let me know!

So quick question, still interested in this, or are you done already?

Never gotten around (yet) to import a copy, but with RE Revelations 2 not having a cartridge version anywhere I was considering getting this in the current sale. As far as I'm aware story-wise it's not directly related to the first, so I could play them out of order?

That said..

I see Londragon mentioning a 25 GB download. I don't think I can even download that right now without rearranging my fridge.

Yeah, definitely. I finished the main game but haven't touched Raid Mode much so can give that a go!

The story is indeed pretty stand-alone, some minor references to Revelations 1 but nothing that you are missing out on.

38 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yeah, definitely. I finished the main game but haven't touched Raid Mode much so can give that a go!

The story is indeed pretty stand-alone, some minor references to Revelations 1 but nothing that you are missing out on.

I just bought it, but I need to do some data management first, as I'm not even able to download it at the moment. Looking forward to some co-opping, even if it's not a proper co-op mode. I need to re-install RE 5 on Steam.

Cool, let me know when you are up and running! Oh and I played RE5 as well on PC, but never in co-op. It's good?

Just now, Vileplume2000 said:

Cool, let me know when you are up and running! Oh and I played RE5 as well on PC, but never in co-op. It's good?

RE5 in co-op is an amazing experience. I played though it a few times back when it was released on the 360 and had an absolute blast, especially when both of us have rocker launchers with infinite ammo. :D 

12 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I wouldn't ever play that game in single player. Yeah I personally loved it in co-op, can't believe they dropped the ball so hard in RE6, even though it has some nice ideas and some good effort put in. Just too much effort in the wrong things. But yeah, RE5, I loved it. Before they broke it. I think, just like Dark Souls, you can play it with a 3rd party patch, but last time I checked I couldn't get it to launch. If you ever feel like checking that out, let me know, I'll see what I can do on my end.

Edit:

It's why I wouldn't mind a Switch port at all. Just like Dark Souls, I bought a copy in a Steam sale (two in fact, it being a co-op game), but wouldn't mind a physical copy for the collection (in a cute little Switch case), with a new playerbase and no Games for Windows Live shit.

Edited by Sméagol

On 22/06/2018 at 9:06 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Cool, let me know when you are up and running!

I downloaded it Sunday (which for some reason took a long time), and played through most of the main campaign yesterday (giving Hollow Knight a break). I'll be finishing up later, then give Raid mode a quick go to get a feel for it. Too bad you can't do the campaign in online co-op though. I don't mind playing as Moira or Natalia. In fact, when there are no or few simple zombies arounds, that's the character I'm using, so I have more time to spot the secrets. Anyway, let me know when you're up for a game.

Yeah co-op campaign would be good. I like playing as support characters, and also wouldn't mind playing as them through the campaign. How did you value the main game overall?

For Raid Mode, I could play tonight or tomorrow night. Usually I can play between something like 7 and 10:30 NL time.

7 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yeah co-op campaign would be good. I like playing as support characters, and also wouldn't mind playing as them through the campaign. How did you value the main game overall?

Good not great. RE5 and 4 are more enjoyble. I did like how you play two storylines with Claire & Moira influencing Barry & Natalia's storyline. As always, there is the controls issue, though luckily things are a bit slower here than fortnite. I'll elaborate later perhaps, but I'll end with saying that eventhough I have plenty of games, this was a genre and type of game that was sorely lacking in my library.

7 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

For Raid Mode, I could play tonight or tomorrow night. Usually I can play between something like 7 and 10:30 NL time.

Unless I really get the urge to go out and see a film, I'm most likely online tonight, so we can get some games going then. I'll check after seven to see if you're ready. If you haven't already, make sure you do the first mission, it's a tutorial mission, and I don't think it lets you get online until after it.

Tomorrow is most likely Arena of Valor time, with some Splatoon thrown in if there are enough people.

Oh haha, I didn't see him changing, whoops. These are all re6 levels by the way

Poor Gina by the way haha.

edit: and why do I get less exp :rolleyes:

Edited by Sméagol

Wow, big gap in XP again! Maybe the host gets more? Want to switch hosting roles?

Nah it's fine, I'm not that bothered with it.

Grabbing a drink. 

That ending though haha.

Yeah, although you can see that these are the hard levels. Upgraded my handgun with occasional fire damage, nice to see when that kicks in :grin:

Last round for me tonight @Sméagol, thanks for the games! Need to look a bit more into the weapons upgrades I think, and all the mechanics of Raid Mode.

• Thanks 1

Oh whoops, I wanted to restart, though I hadn't seen your last post yet. If you want to retry.. 

Yeah I'll have to look into upgrading skills myself. I want better melee attacks.

Yeah I think it is really needed for the harder levels to get good equipment. Sour to end with a game over haha, but I'm up for more rounds in the future, quite enjoying it! Done for tonight though.

We have assumed control! Yeah we played Raid Mode in RE:R2 yesterday, I enjoyed it. Lack of Discord made us resort to the forum for communication.

I must say that there are a lot of options in there. For the normal levels I didn't really look into it, but for the hard levels I think you really need to dig a bit deeper as you won't make it with normal weapons and basic skills. Active skills and passive skills that can be unlocked and upgraded using Skill Points.

Weapons can be obtained in missions or bought. I think you can upgrade these with cash I guess? But you need to also upgrade them using Custom Parts to add effects or extra damage. These can be obtained through the albums you get in chests I guess? Which you need to appraise again with cash? This part is all still a bit vague for me.

Loading times before and after a mission are a bit long. But all in all it is great to run through a Raid with another person and I can definitely play this a bit more. If only to unlock those final characters and outfits!

• Thanks 1

Haha, wasn't prepared for such an enclosed space. Had to remember the controls as well. Then that sneaky little spider..

Edited by Sméagol

Sign in to follow this