NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 Coming To Switch

It looks like if you have yet to upgrade your Switch's memory you won't be playing Revelations 2.

Release Date: November 28, 2017
■Required Storage Space:
Resident Evil Revelations (digital) requires 13GB of HD space
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (digital) requires 26GB of HD space
■Genre: Survival horror
■Player(s): 1 (1-2 via online play)
■Platform: Nintendo Switch™
■Ratings: ESRB M

The internal storage of the Switch is clocked at around the 25GB mark after all the updates and what not have been applied.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It looks like if you have yet to upgrade your Switch's memory you won't be playing Revelations 2.

The internal storage of the Switch is clocked at around the 25GB mark after all the updates and what not have been applied.

You can buy a 400GB SD Card for $250. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

You can buy a 400GB SD Card for $250. Problem solved.

Seems reasonable. :D

The console is only 6 months old and already there are memory issues when it comes to having 3rd party games on the system. NBA 2K18 also requires players to have had upgraded their Switch's memory.

Not sure what people are asking for when it comes to Switch storage really.  What other choice is there for a portable device?

Sure, they could include more storage as standard, but then you're looking at a significant price hike (and Switch is already expensive as it is). Hard drives? Not viable for a handheld device.  The only realistic choice is SD.

The only thing that I can really moan about is the choice of MicroSD over normal SD, given that normal SD Cards are cheaper, but MicroSD is the sensible choice in the long run as it has become the standard for mobile devices (meaning that it'll be the focus of SD Card manufacturers going forward) and allows the Switch to be as small as it is.

SD Card sizes will increase over time and decrease in cost over time.  We only just saw the release of a 400GB MicroSD card just this week.  Give it time and we'll see the situation improve even further.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Besides, if Capcom had just released both games on Switch Game Cards then there wouldn't be so much of a problem, I'd have even considered buying both games again on Switch but as it is, the PS4 is now my Resident Evil gaming machine of choice seeing as I own all physcial available Resi titles on it. ;)

Yeah, this still doesn't help those who are going digital only I suppose but then, this is why I bought a 200GB Micro SD card and have reserved it for digital only games or games which are likely to be digital only for the forseeable future, so that the space should last a long time, certainly longer than if I was to have digital versions of Zelda, Mario Kart 8 DX, Arms, Splatoon 2... etc on it. :p

It's going to be fun to see what happens with LA Noire... that was a three disc Xbox 360 game if I recall correctly... should still fit on a Switch game card though. ::shrug:

Anyway, these titles are a good fit for the Switch, I just wish Capcom had made more of an effort on the collection front, I'd have loved to have both games in seperate cases with an optional slipcase to go over both. :)

Could have even made it a lenticular... :heart:

14 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Sure, they could include more storage as standard, but then you're looking at a significant price hike (and Switch is already expensive as it is).

This is,  if you want to play these 3rd party games then a price hike is essentially happening anyway. 

9 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Besides, if Capcom had just released both games on Switch Game Cards then there wouldn't be so much of a problem, I'd have even considered buying both games again on Switch but as it is, the PS4 is now my Resident Evil gaming machine of choice seeing as I own all physcial available Resi titles on it. ;)

This is exactly the same as me. The fact that the second is digital only is a big no-no from me.

Also, as you mentioned, the PS4/One seem to be the systems of choice for fans of the series, seeing as you can now play 0/1/4/5/6/7/R1/R2/CV on them. Once Remake 2 hits then we will just need 3 for the whole mainline series to be on a single console. :bowdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DKSvC8gU8AAxUVV.jpg

Well that's an interesting use of the IR Camera! (only the second game on Switch to actually use it! After 1,2,Switch).  They could've just done it with an up/down shake like in RE4 Wii I suppose, but that does look pretty cool.

The same guy also seems to like the gyro aiming (so I guess it does work like in RE4 Wii after all!).  Also it seems to have some sort of Amiibo support.

Edited by Dcubed

The reloading reminds me of a certain VR title (which name I cannot remember)... Also used a "pretend you have an ammo clip in hand and click it onto your gun" motion.

I guess motion support will be optional since you can't do this in handheld mode. Looks good though!

Looks like a couple of mini games have been added to the Switch versions.

The first game looks garbage but the second one looks to be a brilliant homage to G&G.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like the Gn'G one is only a single level, going by the footage.  A shame, but at least it's much better than the total garbage that the first one is.

Either way, it looks just as cobbled together as I'd expect from Capcom's cobbled together throwaway Switch support (you can even see where the sprites have been cut out in photoshop if you look closely!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Weirdly Resident Evil Revelations Collection is not getting a retail Release in Europe. You’ll only be able to download the games separately from the European eShop. If you buy one, you’ll get a discount on the 2nd, but Capcom don’t say how much the discount will be. At the moment number 1 is priced at £14.99 and 2 is £19.99.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not happy about that. I even prefer the cartridge tax over not getting it at all.. I'm actually in the mood for some RE 4 or 5 style game (not 6), and I've never played either. After I'm done with Doom and LA Noire, these would be the perfect games to switch to if I need a break from Xenoblade Chronicles when that comes out. And there currently isn't anything like RE in the Switch's library. I'll probably import, but I wonder if that's going to give be trouble with the download code, as unlike others, I'm not messing around with different accounts or profiles.

11 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'll probably import, but I wonder if that's going to give be trouble with the download code, as unlike others, I'm not messing around with different accounts or profiles.

Yeah, didn't think of that.  The cartridge will work regardless of region.  My Switch account is European and I've had no problem with a Japanese version of Breath of the Wild.  However, Resi retail comes with a download code for the 2nd installment.  It will surely be tied to an eShop region, meaning account management to download.  But, who knows?

They were obviously too scared about misspelling the game’s name again on the box across Europe ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm most likely importing this very soon. Anyone else getting this (one way or another)?

Raid mode looks like fun. I would love a proper new RE game with RE5 style co-op, but this will do in the meantime, if I can find a co-op partner!

Well, once someone gets Revelatieons 1. Please could you tell me if every stage in Raid Mode is available from the set-go.

I love Raid Mode, best part of the game.

Amiibo were nearly a thing. :( 

The team had apparently created some posable 3D models before canceling their production due to some unfortunate circumstances.

Capcom, believe it or not, had actually been considering creating amiibo for HUNK as well as Lady HUNK, two characters that are playable in Revelations’ raid mode. The director of the first game in the Revelations series, Koushi Nakanishi, expressed that he still has some interest in creating amiibo for the series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That explains why the game has Amiibo support, thought it was a bit odd...

So, who picked this up in the end? I picked up RE:R2 first in the eshop sale and started playing this week. First impressions are okay, looks crisp in docked mode, haven't tried handheld yet. Motion controls also work well although IR reloading is a bit fiddly.

Would like to try out Raid Mode in the near future, so if someone is up for some co-op let me know!

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So, who picked this up in the end? I picked up RE:R2 first in the eshop sale and started playing this week. First impressions are okay, looks crisp in docked mode, haven't tried handheld yet. Motion controls also work well although IR reloading is a bit fiddly.

Would like to try out Raid Mode in the near future, so if someone is up for some co-op let me know!

I picked up the American disc version, so RE1 on disc and a 25GB download for the second.  Finished the first one a month back and recently started the campaign on the 2nd.  Wow, is there a bump up in all graphically?  It looks great.  And, only played the first Raid Stage, but it has a lot more polish than the first game.  Would love to join you in a session, but my timings are weird, and my internet is only available at a certain time, too.

17 minutes ago, londragon said:

I picked up the American disc version, so RE1 on disc and a 25GB download for the second.  Finished the first one a month back and recently started the campaign on the 2nd.  Wow, is there a bump up in all graphically?  It looks great.  And, only played the first Raid Stage, but it has a lot more polish than the first game.  Would love to join you in a session, but my timings are weird, and my internet is only available at a certain time, too.

Well the first game was originally a 3DS game that got a HD Remaster; while the second game was a cross gen title, designed for PS3/PS4/360/Xbone; so it's only natural that the visuals would be better.

I finished the main quest for RE:R2 yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I really liked RE:R1 on the 3DS, since I felt it got back to the narrow corridor-style gameplay of the earlier titles. Those bio-based enemies instead of "regular" zombies I liked a bit less.

Luckily zombies return in RE:R2, while keeping the less open environments. A bit more open than RE:R1 (still love the cruise ship setting!), but with plenty of great cramped environments. Story was surprisingly good as well, much better than in the main series.

Now onwards with the extra chapters, Raid Mode and collecting!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this