NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Direct 6th June 3PM

You didn't say anything this time, just that people should get hyped, AFTER the Direct had already been announced. The reaction from yesterday's Pokemon Direct is almost entirely negative.

The last time you "informed people of imminent news" was for the Switch reveal and you got that wrong week after week.

Ok fine.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/871728330487328768

3:00pm

3:02pm

3:02pm

3:03pm

3:04pm

3:12pm

Proof enough?

Also learn to understand that plans do change. That's what happened with the Switch reveal.

If the best you can do to prove you knowing insider information is announcing a Direct less than two minutes before Nintendo doing so on social media, then that says it all.

So no, it doesn't prove anything. You play games on here and pretend to know things but are wrong 90% of time, and even that's being generous because I still can't figure out when you've ever been proven correct.

Now, if you don't want to leak information and spill beans because you're worried about a backlash from Nintendo, then that's absolutely fair enough, just don't act all high and mighty about 'knowing things' the rest of us don't.

If the best you can do to prove you knowing insider information is announcing a Direct less than two minutes before Nintendo doing so on social media, then that says it all.

So no, it doesn't prove anything. You play games on here and pretend to know things but are wrong 90% of time, and even that's being generous because I still can't figure out when you've ever been proven correct.

Now, if you don't want to leak information and spill beans because you're worried about a backlash from Nintendo, then that's absolutely fair enough, just don't act all high and mighty about 'knowing things' the rest of us don't.

Yes, two minutes. So unless I knew it was coming, or I happened to be sat refreshing a page for the right second and typed a tweet and update up in less than a minute, it shows I had foreknowledge

I haven't been "proven wrong" 90% of the time. Come on now. I haven't even been proven wrong in this thread. Yeesh.

Don't believe me? Fine. However, I have proven to have inside knowledge countless times over my site's life. Deal with it.

I haven't been "proven wrong" 90% of the time. Come on now. I haven't even been proven wrong in this thread. Yeesh.

You've never been proven right on here.

Congrats on hearing about the Direct less than two minutes before Nintendo announced it on Twitter.

For the sake of fairness here, Serebii has given me advance notice of Nintendo Directs several hours (and if IIRC, once it was a day or two beforehand) before they were announced before...

So he clearly gets his info from somewhere.

Full disclosure, I don't get insider info... maybe ;)

I just try to keep my mouth shut these days because if something changes and a mistake happens, I get dogpiled on.

I legitimately believed (and still do) that the contents are worthy of hype. That's that. You may disagree, but Nintendo's best selling franchise getting a cool new iteration? Hype worthy. Fight me on it if you must.

I just try to keep my mouth shut these days because if something changes and a mistake happens, I get dogpiled on.

I legitimately believed (and still do) that the contents are worthy of hype. That's that. You may disagree, but Nintendo's best selling franchise getting a cool new iteration? Hype worthy. Fight me on it if you must.

Should we really be talking about Super Mario Odyssey in a Pokémon Direct thread? :P

Should we really be talking about Super Mario Odyssey in a Pokémon Direct thread? :P

Well played, sir :p

Shh, you're not supposed to talk about the new Wii Sports game for Switch yet!

It's probably the least impressive thing they could have announced. You also made reference to the Switch in your hype posts?

It's probably the least impressive thing they could have announced. You also made reference to the Switch in your hype posts?

Such a shame that a Pokémon game for the Switch wasn't announced here...

...oh wait, hang on.

Before the Eurogamer rumour, based on past precedent with Pokémon and new devices, we never would have considered a Switch version.

Yeah because nobody here has been asking for a home console Pokémon mainline game for the last few years or anything :heh:

I went in expecting nothing and they managed to deliver just that. I'm certainly glad I didn't see this thread and get 'fucking hyped' for this steaming pile of Trubbish

Third party games promised? When was this?

There was hope there would be 3rd party titles but I don't remember any promises.

You know that screen they revealed with all the 3rd party publishers working on games, not to mention games like Skyrim, NBA, Steep etc that were actually part of the reveal and have not been seen since.

I went in expecting nothing and they managed to deliver just that. I'm certainly glad I didn't see this thread and get 'fucking hyped' for this steaming pile of Trubbish

Gamefreak must be the laziest big name developer in the industry. Their lack of ambition is just depressing. They've got one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world and they do so little with it. What basically amounts to the same game gen after gen, remakes, incremental updates etc

I know they don't need to do anything more because their games sell millions regardless, I just think it's such a shame.

Most uninspiring.

Initial thoughts.

twitter_zps4bvimg7e.png

Wouldn't mind Pokken 2 to be good, I still have the first sealed. But since the first didn't do that well I'm not holding out hope.

Give us fucking Snap 2 already.

Wouldn't mind Pokken 2 to be good, I still have the first sealed. But since the first didn't do that well I'm not holding out hope.

It's not Pokken 2, it's just a port of the Wii U game.

Get fucking hyped! :hmm:

Most uninspiring.

Initial thoughts.

twitter_zps4bvimg7e.png

First sold over a million on a device with only a 13 million userbase. That's not bad

Gamefreak must be the laziest big name developer in the industry. Their lack of ambition is just depressing. They've got one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world and they do so little with it. What basically amounts to the same game gen after gen, remakes, incremental updates etc

I know they don't need to do anything more because their games sell millions regardless, I just think it's such a shame.

They just started a Pokémon generation. Did you honestly expect them to have done an entirely new one on entirely new hardware just a year after doing it last?

They're not Level 5. They don't run shit into the ground.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

pu-4.png?w=580&h=653

Not sure how you can say that given the amount of re-releases and third versions the core games have.

I played and enjoyed X, but have no desire to play another Pokemon game. They're all 90% the same experience just in a different wrapper. And that's between gens, let alone same gen updates.

And yes, given Stars would have been the same game as Sun and Moon with a few tweaks, I don't think it'd be asking THAT much for them to have it ready by the end of the year. I certainly didn't expect a new gen on Switch. Hopefully that's what we'll now get late 2018.

pu-4.png?w=580&h=653

It's a literal butt plug... And people say that Pokemon is for kids...

I would think Pikachu's butthole would be just under his tail.

I would think Pikachu's butthole would be just under his tail.

Maybe we need to ask @Serebii to investigate this very important matter? He's surely the expert on Pokemon anatomy...

Yo! Serebii! Butt or taint?

Yo! Serebii! Butt or taint?

Taken out of context this could lead to an unintended response.

Not sure how you can say that given the amount of re-releases and third versions the core games have.

I played and enjoyed X, but have no desire to play another Pokemon game. They're all 90% the same experience just in a different wrapper. And that's between gens, let alone same gen updates.

And yes, given Stars would have been the same game as Sun and Moon with a few tweaks, I don't think it'd be asking THAT much for them to have it ready by the end of the year. I certainly didn't expect a new gen on Switch. Hopefully that's what we'll now get late 2018.

USUM is possibly the first third version since 2008, but ok sure.

Sign in to follow this