NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

PokéLand (iOS/Android) - 2017

Yet another new mobile game has been announced (I'm in hell)

It's the first Pokémon mobile game to use the Nintendo Account and DeNA infrastructure.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

A few notes:

Continuation of Pokémon Rumble series

During the Alpha Test, you can find 134 different Pokémon, complete 52 stages and climb Champion Tower to 15 floors

Data from the test will be deleted when the game comes out.

The game is the first Pokémon mobile game to use the Nintendo Account. Using the Nintendo Account, you can move stored data between devices and your Mii will appear.

The game will unlock new islands when you spend diamonds.

It requires an online connection.

The game has a special detector to find Pokémon which can only be used once every 30 minutes.

You can power up your Pokémon toys by using P and Gears obtained in the game.

I'll just quote my Gaf post.

I quite like the Rumble games and i'll be disappointed if the series stays on mobile and no longer comes to the dedicated Nintendo hardware.

It will be a dark day when the next Ranger releases on phones but not on Nintendo hardware. :(

I love the Rumble games (still playing Rumble World to this day - literally, I was playing it just an hour or two ago), but this looks... pretty bad, at least from the alpha footage. I'm hoping for the best, but it's definitely not a game I think would work well with touch controls...

I love the Rumble games (still playing Rumble World to this day - literally, I was playing it just an hour or two ago), but this looks... pretty bad, at least from the alpha footage. I'm hoping for the best, but it's definitely not a game I think would work well with touch controls...

Yeah. The Pokémon move automatically, but you can change direction by tapping on targets. You also tap to attack

It will be a dark day when the next Ranger releases on phones but not on Nintendo hardware. :(

I think that because of this line though...

The game is the first Pokémon mobile game to use the Nintendo Account. Using the Nintendo Account, you can move stored data between devices and your Mii will appear.

We'll be seeing it on Nintendo hardware as well almost without a doubt as this shared infrastructure is surely made for it. :)

It's worth pointing out that Magikarp Jump also allows you to move data between devices.

I think that because of this line though...

We'll be seeing it on Nintendo hardware as well almost without a doubt as this shared infrastructure is surely made for it. :)

I think it's more between other Android and iOS devices...

I think it's more between other Android and iOS devices...

OK, seems like a missed opportunity though being that the main audience for the series before this rebranding has been on Nintendo consoles.

Yeah because you can't move data between Nintendo devices yet alone between a Nintendo device and a third party one :heh:

Am I the only one finding it more and more intriguing that we haven't had a traditional spin-off game since Detective Pikachu, and have yet to hear a whisper of one coming this generation? Granted, we're only 7 months into this generation, but alas: if rumours are to be believed, and Stars is a dual platform 3DS/Switch game serving either as a traditional third version or a sequel to Sun and Moon to be released later this year, perhaps this generation will indeed serve as something of a one-off and a true celebration of the franchise's past compared to prior generations.

As for the game itself, I'll be keeping a keen eye out for it :yay:

Am I the only one finding it more and more intriguing that we haven't had a traditional spin-off game since Detective Pikachu, and have yet to hear a whisper of one coming this generation? Granted, we're only 7 months into this generation, but alas: if rumours are to be believed, and Stars is a dual platform 3DS/Switch game serving either as a traditional third version or a sequel to Sun and Moon to be released later this year, perhaps this generation will indeed serve as something of a one-off and a true celebration of the franchise's past compared to prior generations.

As for the game itself, I'll be keeping a keen eye out for it :yay:

Let's just hope it includes more of Pokemon's past than just the Nineties... I'd say Sun/Moon should have gotten all that out of their system, but... I said the same about X/Y.

So, anyway, that's another 30 quid that @Serebii doesn't want to spend. At this rate, someone's gonna have to start a charity for him.

Sign in to follow this