NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Call of Duty: WWII (PS4/XB1/PC)

53 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@Ganepark32 I've only played the first mission, so I can't say much. I'll get back to you when I've played more (can't say for sure when that will be, though).

No worries, take your time and enjoy it :) The likelihood is that I'll probably pick it up soonish as I'm in the mood for a twitch shooter after Lawbreakers became a bit of a ghost town so once I've finished up a few other bits I may dive in. And hopefully by then the online issues are resolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:
BO2 was the last really good CoD I played. Both Hijacked and Carrier maps were awesome, especially the former.

I thought you didn't play much multiplayer?

I did back then. Loved me some Gears, Halo, CoD back in the day. Every release was an event and I used to spend hours playing them. Now I rarely bother. It's either too hard to get people together for some long and regular gaming sessions or there's simply too many single player games to play.

The War mode has surprised me...it's the game mode I play most these days. And it's in the fucking core playlist :laughing:
I didn't want to buy the season pass but if we get one War map, 3 or 4 "regular" multiplayer maps and a new Zombie map with each DLC...I'm very tempted.

Sledgehammer still has some work to do, though...a lot of things are still very buggy, connection issues seem abundant and a couple of map exploits have reared their ugly heads.
I have yet to experience any of the connection issues, but I can understand why those who do are annoyed.

Well...I just had the most fun with a video game in months :D

My mate and I decided to give Zombies a go and holy shit...it's fucking amazing.

The rush you get while running away from zombies, killing them and at the same time trying to figure out what the fuck you're supposed to be doing is incredible. My mate and I screamed like babies at times :laughing:

We managed to progress quite a bit. But eventually we were only focused on survival and couldn't give a single fuck about the missions. I think we also stumbled upon a part of the easter egg...but I'm not quite sure. Looking forward to our next session. We need better tactics and a more efficient approach to the early objectives.

Shit...I think this has convinced me to get the season pass simply because more Zombie maps are included.

Edited by drahkon

16 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well...I just had the most fun with a video game in months :D

My mate and I decided to give Zombies a go and holy shit...it's fucking amazing.

The rush you get while running away from zombies, killing them and at the same time trying to figure out what the fuck you're supposed to be doing is incredible. My mate and I screamed like babies at times :laughing:

We managed to progress quite a bit. But eventually we were only focused on survival and couldn't give a single fuck about the missions. I think we also stumbled upon a part of the easter egg...but I'm not quite sure. Looking forward to our next session. We need better tactics and a more efficient approach to the early objectives.

Shit...I think this has convinced me to get the season pass simply because more Zombie maps are included.

This sounds fun... tell me more.

Is it like an online co-op working together? Or are you against each other? 

Sounds like if it is co-op it could go some way to fill a large left 4 dead shaped hole in my online co-op gaming appetite :p . 

Just now, Aneres11 said:

This sounds fun... tell me more.

Is it like an online co-op working together? Or are you against each other?

Co-op. Working together is imperative (but it's also kind of fun to just let your friend die against a horde of Zombies :laughing:).

I'm still not sure how exactly CoD Zombies works. From what I've played so far I can say this:

• you play on one big map and have to complete certain "missions"
  • enemies come in waves; the higher the wave the tougher/more abundant Zombies become
  • with this iteration of CoD Zombies the "main quest" seems to be much more streamlined (i.e. easier to figure out) than in previous games, but exploration is still necessary (e.g. one of the first objectives is "Restore Power to something (I won't spoil what)"; that's the only hint you're given)
  • as with every Zombies map, an "Easter Egg" exists; can't tell you much about it because I haven't found it, yet, and I won't look it up :p
  • as far as I know, the "Easter Egg" is hidden behind secret missions that aren't explained to you

Trying to figure out how to advance while surviving hordes of Zombies is what it all comes down to. It's hectic, it's difficult, it's hilarious, it's fun :D

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Co-op. Working together is imperative (but it's also kind of fun to just let your friend die against a horde of Zombies :laughing:).

I'm still not sure how exactly CoD Zombies works. From what I've played so far I can say this:

• you play on one big map and have to complete certain "missions"
  • enemies come in waves; the higher the wave the tougher/more abundant Zombies become
  • with this iteration of CoD Zombies the "main quest" seems to be much more streamlined (i.e. easier to figure out) than in previous games, but exploration is still necessary (e.g. one of the first objectives is "Restore Power to something (I won't spoil what)"; that's the only hint you're given)
  • as with every Zombies map, an "Easter Egg" exists; can't tell you much about it because I haven't found it, yet, and I won't look it up :p
  • as far as I know, the "Easter Egg" is hidden behind secret missions that aren't explained to you

Trying to figure out how to advance while surviving hordes of Zombies is what it all comes down to. It's hectic, it's difficult, it's hilarious, it's fun :D

That’ll do! Sounds up my street. 

I was tempted to pick up for the single player campaign but now this sounds like a decent addition to go alongside it and makes that price a bit easier to justify. Thanks for the write up! :D 

14 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

That’ll do! Sounds up my street. 

I was tempted to pick up for the single player campaign but now this sounds like a decent addition to go alongside it and makes that price a bit easier to justify. Thanks for the write up! :D 

Dude, where the hell have you been? This has been a standard feature for most the games ever since Call of Duty: World At War. :p

It's probably my favourite thing about the games, especially when you get a group of mates together.  Call of Duty: Ghosts was pretty pants but the zombies/aliens mode was fantastic and saved the game from being a total wreck.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dude, where the hell have you been? This has been a standard feature for most the games ever since Call of Duty: World At War. :p

It's probably my favourite thing about the games, especially when you get a group of mates together.  Call of Duty: Ghosts was pretty pants but the zombies/aliens mode was fantastic and saved the game from being a total wreck.

I know haha. 

I haven't bought a COD game for years coz I don't play online. I hate all the team v team death match stuff (hence why I don't like Splatoon too much etc) and the single players have been lacking (from what I've read) the past few games. And short. So paying £40 for them was never something I wanted to do! 

But this does sound pretty sweet. Definitely picking it up now!

15 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

and the single players have been lacking (from what I've read) the past few games.

Infinite Warfare's campaign is awesome. Definitely worth checking out if you can find the game for a few bucks. And then there is of course the Modern Warfare Remastered campaign. But you probably played the original back in the days :p

• Like 1

Ooooohhhh boy...

My mate and I (and two random people) reached the boss for the first time just now...we managed to do a little bit of damage but got swarmed by zombies. Our quick demise was inevitable. :laughing:

This is so much fun :D There's no way I'm not gonna buy the season pass.

Wooohooo.

Two of my mates, myself and a random guy beat the casual easter egg (which is apparently what the "standard missions" are called in the community) last night. 56 minutes. What a great experience. Co-op gameplay par excellence.

Now to look up on how to do the hardcore easter egg. It's apparently cryptic as fuck :D Edit: Just read a walkthrough and there is no way we would've figured that out on our own :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

@Ganepark32 I've completed the first four missions of the campaign just now.

It's your standard CoD affair, nothing special but a good and fun experience. :) I enjoy it a lot. If the remaining missions can keep this up, I'm in for a hell of a ride.

Edit: One thing I hate, and it may sound ridiculous: You have to shoot dogs. :( I know this is a video game, but still...I have a soft spot for dogs, especially German Shepherds. Just let me shoot Nazis and leave the dogs out of this.

Games that make me kill dogs...I HATE 'EM.

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

@Ganepark32 I've completed the first four missions of the campaign just now.

It's your standard CoD affair, nothing special but a good and fun experience. :) I enjoy it a lot. If the remaining missions can keep this up, I'm in for a hell of a ride.

Edit: One thing I hate, and it may sound ridiculous: You have to shoot dogs. :( I know this is a video game, but still...I have a soft spot for dogs, especially German Shepherds. Just let me shoot Nazis and leave the dogs out of this.

Games that make me kill dogs...I HATE 'EM.

Mate, it's a Nazi dog. It knew what it signed up for.

• Haha 1

So after looking up what exactly we have to do for the Hardcore Easter egg, we decided to give it a go last night.

And failed miserably :D Even though we knew what the requirements were we only managed to do about 25% of all "missions" until we got killed during wave 16...How some people are beating this within 20 waves or less is beyond me. But it's fun. Trying to get everything done while surviving and cooperating is awesome.

Completed a couple more missions in the campaign, too. Will likely finish it today. :)

Just finished the campaign.

As usual I didn't expect anything revolutionary or special because...well...it's Call of Duty. But the campaign was one hell of a ride. After the very good Infinite Warfare single player offering I'm surprised that WWII's is right up there. Solid gameplay, amazing music, great sound and beautiful graphics. The story is your typical war stuff, but it was quite emotional at times.

All in all: I loved it.

Together with the multiplayer and Zombies this is a very, very good Call of Duty and a pretty good game in general.

I was craving a shooter to play ( Splatoon 2 just doesn't cut it ) so I picked up this today.

I've jumped straight into the online modes and it's so nice to be able to actually play modes I want without having someone dictate what times I can play them. Same goes for having a nice variety of maps to play at any given time, instead of only have 2 to choose from.

It feels great to have the game back to boots on the ground. I no longer have to keep an eye of people doing stupid jumps or having crazy powers. Taking it back to basics makes the game feel fresher than it has in years.

I've mainly been rocking Kill Confirmed. I've always loved that mode. It stops people from just sitting camping and encourages them to actually get out there and pick up tags. Love it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've mainly been rocking Kill Confirmed.

I'm still waiting for SHG to implement KC to the HC playlist (talk about abbreviations).

A couple of days ago I made a post on the WWII reddit about HC and SHG actually responded and passed the suggestions made by the community and myself to the responsible team. Hardcore Kill Confirmed (among other game modes) was a hot topic. Hopefully they will implement it soon.

Anyway, check out the singleplayer if you are in the mood for some good old shooting action :D And if you want to have a go at the Zombie mode, give me a shout. I'll probably have some time between Christmas and New Years.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying the campaign out. I'll be doing the usual 2 play throughs of the game. 1 on veteran and then another to mop up the trophies and collectibles.

It feels great to be once again running and gunning.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying the campaign out. I'll be doing the usual 2 play throughs of the game. 1 on veteran and then another to mop up the trophies and collectibles.

Yup, that's the way to go :D I played the campaign on Hardened because I couldn't be arsed to go for the highest difficulty. I don't know what's wrong with me :laughing:

Just finished the first couple of missions on Veteran. I totally forgot that the health regen system has been removed. I took a few hits storming the beach and was wondering why my health wasn't going back up while I was in cover. :D 

The checkpoint system screwed me over on the second mission. During the AA guns section the game gave me a checkpoint when I had very little health. One shot from a plane and I was a goner. I tried for half an hour to get past it and then figured it would be best to start the mission again.

I'm quite enjoying the story so far. It's got a Band of Brothers feel to it.

People are pissed that it's 3 regular MP maps (one of which is a remake) + 1 War map + 1 Zombie map.

Personally, I like it. I love War, it's the only core mode I play and I can't wait to have another map in the rotation. This year's Zombie mode is the first I've really played and I love it. Another map is obviously great for me.
3 regular MP maps. Fine by me. Never played the older CoDs so I'm not bothered by a remake.

I can, however, understand why people are mad. I'm not, though, so I'll probably buy it :laughing:

I had a play around with the zombie mode today and they've really complicated things compared to earlier entires. There's loads of stuff to work out and faff about with now. I actually prefer something like Killing Floor 2. Concept is the same ( waves of zombies ) but they keep it simple, which is how this mode used to be.

I put some more time into the story, as well. Loved the mission Liberation. Starting off all stealthy and then ending in a massive battle on a bridge was awesome.

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a play around with the zombie mode today and they've really complicated things compared to earlier entires. There's loads of stuff to work out and faff about with now.

Really? I read that it's been simplified compared to older titles.

Compared to Infinite Warfare the missions are much easier to understand. But IW's Zombies is the only zombie mode I've tried before WWII's.

The hardcore easteregg, however...holy smokes. How anyone figured this out by themselves is beyond me :D

27 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Really? I read that it's been simplified compared to older titles.

Compared to Infinite Warfare the missions are much easier to understand. But IW's Zombies is the only zombie mode I've tried before WWII's.

Nah, it's certainly more of a faff on than the original Zombies and the variations after. In the earlier versions there were no real missions. It was about fortifying your position and standing your ground. However, I didn't play Infinite Warfare or BO3 so I can't comment on how they played.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this