Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Switch Virtual Console (or lack thereof) discussion

Charlie

But wouldn't;t this argument be the same as saying I'm not paying for Destiny 2 because I pay to play online anyway?

I'm not too sure but I think there may be a slight difference in how much it costs Bungie to develop Destiny 2 and how much it costs Nintendo to re-release Super Mario Kart with an online mode...

Plus, Sony gets the money for PSN, not Bungie. Nintendo will get the money people pay for their service and so frankly I feel any 'upgrade fee' should be part of the monthly cost.

I'm not too sure but I think there may be a slight difference in how much it costs Bungie to develop Destiny 2 and how much it costs Nintendo to re-release Super Mario Kart with an online mode...

Plus, Sony gets the money for PSN, not Bungie. Nintendo will get the money people pay for their service and so frankly I feel any 'upgrade fee' should be part of the monthly cost.

True, but there's also a difference between £1.50 and £50. I don't know, it is a tricky one.

As for who gets it, again true, but if Nintendo's monthly subscription is half the price as PSN and Live as Kimsihima said then thats also another reason it could be argued for it not the bundled in.

Ultimately, we have no idea what's even happening. It could be much better or much worse than we expect.

I have no immediate need for virtual console. I prefer to buy new games. On the Wii, I only used it for the handful of Japanese imports and games on consoles I didn't own. It's a nice option to have though.

I'm not against double dipping when I own the physical copy, and want a digital copy for convenience, but I'm not buying multiple digital copies. I hope from now on, E-shop sales work like Steam, where the games are tied to your account, and you can take them to a new console. Yes, for free. I do not care for new features, and I expect Nintendo to handle development of the emulators required, which can be included in the cost of the console and/or online subscription.