N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Presentation 13th Jan 2017

Hero-of-Time

What do you mean you don't speak fluent Japanese? What kind of Nintendo fan are you?

I speak Japanese, as well as being fluent in Waffle, which is what Nintendo of America speak.

Edited by 130131301364

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean wait 2-3 days after launch? Heck no! I can't wait once I've set my mind on getting it on its release date.

In fact, I'll be looking to get this at a midnight launch.

For people wbho want it like that they'll probably pre-order to gauratnee their stockl. I'm just talking if stock's a bit cautious and someone goes in after release to buy it on a whim(likely to be me) - if you've waited this long I don't think finding it sold out IF you know you could reserve one for the coming days will really affect/lose sales.

Ofc the risk is if they really undershoot and demand for some reason goes wild. I worked in GAME when the PS2 slim came out - they really didn't expect it to go as hard as it did(though was also in festive season iirc). We wouldn't let many people pre-order for upcoming stock post release iirc; and had to tell people to just call up and come into the store etc. It was quite a madness, but definitely a good experience for seeing console supply/demand - I'm pretty sure I did in such instance sell an Xbox or two in the PS2's place(and ironically bought one, too) so I sort of contravene my own point in a way; but that was a small proportion of the actual demand.

This is probably a stupid question but what language is the presentation going to be in? English would make sense but if it's being held in Tokyo with a mostly Japanese audience wouldn't that be weird? Would they do Japanese with subtitles?

You've got two months to learn some Japanese my boy, hop to it.