NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Severed (Wii U/3DS)

One of the best games I've played this year has been announced for Wii U and 3DS. It's coming this Summer!

Everyone needs to buy this game and I'm chuffed to bits it's got another chance to capture more gamers attention.

EDIT: To sweeten the deal the game is also cross-buy.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Everyone needs to buy this game

Yes. Everybody who thinks of himself/herself as a respectable gamer has to get this.

It will be the best use of the Gamepad in the Wii U library by far.

Really? It just appeared that you moved the stylus in a cutting motion? Looked a bit naff to me. Is it actually that good?

Really? It just appeared that you moved the stylus in a cutting motion? Looked a bit naff to me. Is it actually that good?

Oh yeah, I forgot that the 3DS and Wii U have resistive touchscreens...might be a bit difficult to pull off fast attacks.

Anyway, yes, it is that good. Great atmosphere, nice little secrets, combats is awesome.

'Best use of the game pad', rubbing your sylus back and forward manically, I'm not so sure, but the game itself is great and it's nice to see it'll get a lot more attention now.

Hmm. Not really seeing the appeal of this either.

The IGN and Eurogamer reviews were not exactly glowing either - a good concept but a bit shallow.

From eurogamers review:

If you want a slice of exquisite half-decade old design, Severed will more than fit the bill. Just don't expect it to cut much deeper than that.

Suit yourself.

You're missing out. ::shrug:

'Best use of the game pad', rubbing your sylus back and forward manically, I'm not so sure

That's not how I played the game, so I stand by my comment :)

Oooooh! That trailer has me intrigued... I don't know why, but the gameplay gives the impression of Hana Samurai, but with touch screen controls.

Looks to be quite the interesting game. And considering some of you are really bigging this game up, I might have to give it a bash.

I'm about 3/4 through this now. Really a good game and it plays really well on the 3DS. Here you have the map available at all times which really helps when finding your way. I think I've put 6 hours into this and am halfway through the citadel and am now backtracking to find some missed upgrades. It plays well and have a good difficulty, it never feels like the game is to blame if you fail a fight.

The 3D is too much, though.

I'm about 3/4 through this now. Really a good game and it plays really well on the 3DS. Here you have the map available at all times which really helps when finding your way. I think I've put 6 hours into this and am halfway through the citadel and am now backtracking to find some missed upgrades. It plays well and have a good difficulty, it never feels like the game is to blame if you fail a fight.

The 3D is too much, though.

Not sure how it is on Vita and Wii U, but on iOS you always have the relevant section of the map on screen in the top right corner, and can tap on it to quickly see the full map.

But yeah, great game. I really enjoyed it too. :)

On 3DS, you have a large portion of the relevant areas present on the map on the top screen - or you can choose to just mirror the bottom screen to have 3D on. I have the map and it's super fast to find the route you then need to take.

Having a larger portion of the map on the top screen on 3DS is very useful, I was constantly checking it on Vita and it was a chore to keep opening it up.

Sign in to follow this