NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ghostbusters (2016)

My friend saw it who thought the same as me about the trailers and stuff said the action was great, the humour was "hit and miss" and Leslie Jones isn't as stereotypical as the trailers made out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My friend saw it who thought the same as me about the trailers and stuff said the action was great, the humour was "hit and miss" and Leslie Jones isn't as stereotypical as the trailers made out.

I watched this. It's terrible. Hardly any action but what there was was cool (even though the CGI sucked hard), the humour was awful, the story was lazy and all over the place, the characters were the same and it's so unfortunate that these four women had to rock such garbage. It's worse than the trailers. Actually, the trailers more or less told you everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc

I've been looking forward and this came out this morning. I feel like this is a return to form for Plinkett after the The Force Awakens review he did (I felt that was kinda rambling nonsense).

I feel this video nails a lot of whats wrong with this movie perfectly.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

I've been looking forward and this came out this morning. I feel like this is a return to form for Plinkett after the The Force Awakens review he did (I felt that was kinda rambling nonsense).
Was there supposed to be a video link here? Or is this in the wrong thread?

4 hours ago, bob said:
On 8/9/2017 at 8:09 PM, Helmsly said:

Was there supposed to be a video link here? Or is this in the wrong thread?

yeah, my post should be largely taken up by an embedded youtube video of the Mr. Plinkett'a RLM Ghostbusters review.

My post should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/ShWi1xV.png

Here's a link to the video I posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

The stuff on product placement was eye opening, and Feig filmed scenes for hours letting the cast ad-lib them? then juct cut it to what he liked? no wonder the film was all over the place! sounds like the script was one page with scene out,lines and a note to ad-lib them all

• Like 1

On 13/08/2017 at 11:07 AM, Agent Gibbs said:

The stuff on product placement was eye opening, and Feig filmed scenes for hours letting the cast ad-lib them? then juct cut it to what he liked? no wonder the film was all over the place! sounds like the script was one page with scene out,lines and a note to ad-lib them all

I was surprised to see how much of the film wasn't scripted and how much was just entirely ad-lib. It's phenomenal how this was even accepted. I tried to watch this again a few weeks back and I still think the same thing. What damaged it's reputation even more, I thought, was the female cast going on talk shows trash-talking male fans calling them sexist because the main characters were women. Did they forget most horror movies include female heroes? Did they forget Star Wars where Rey was the lead? Alice in Resident Evil? Fact is, they just couldn't accept that people just thought it looked shit because of the story alone. Compare the CGI to the live-action Scooby Doo and they're so alike!

Also, going back to the cast slating their fans and male audiences, did they forget or did not know that Janine, the original receptionist, a female, actually did a couple of Ghostbusting missions in The Real Ghostbusters and did they also forget about Kylie, a main ghostbuster in the series, also a female, in Extreme Ghostbusters?

Have said it before and I'll say it again, just give me a live-action Extreme Ghostbusters, which would have actually made a perfect threequel considering it followed on. The unfortunate thing would be Egon :(

• Like 3