N-Europe

Sky q

punio75

It's basically a nicer designed interface and is 4k broadcast ready, so when Sky eventually launch their 4k content you'll be ready to watch it. The new remote looks nice too, definite improvement over the Sky plus remote.

It does seem too expensive though, even if I had a 4k TV I don't think i'd bother upgrading yet anyway. Seems like it's going to be a few years until it's easy to broadcast in 4k, BT Sport's Ultra HD channel currently only broadcasts over the Internet because of limitations in over the air bandwidth, so I assume Sky Q uses the same sort of work around.

Its exceptionally expensive but tempting at the same time £85 for me to have it (with my existing TV/internet/telephone package being £65)

It has more input feeds so you can record 4 things and watch a 5th, it also comes with a second wireless box that is similar to PSVita TV/remoteplay in that you can stream content from one box to the sub box and watch live tv over the internet

Deal breaker for me is if they need to change the sky dish/LMB because i'm in rented and i'm nto sure i'd be allowed to have them drill more holes into the building

• 1 month later...