NEurope
Dcubed

The N-Europe Super Smash Bros Anniversary Tourney Thread

Anniversary-Tourney-Splashscreen-N-Europe-Logo_zps66d3puwo.jpg

So the final brackets are now in place!

@Glen\-i, @david\.dakota, @S\.C\.G, @nekunando, @The Mole, @Jimbob and myself will do battle across three different tourney brackets.

Just to clarify, the rules for each bracket are as follows...

On Saturday 28/11/15, we have...

For%20Glory_zpsapyaad7o.png

For Glory will play out much as you'd expect. No items, Omega Stages only (plus Battlefield), no customisations, no custom movesets. Miis can be used, but must use the default 1111 moveset. In this bracket, due to us only managing to gather 4 players, these matches will have a winner decided by best out of 3 games.

On Sunday 29/11/15, we have...

For%20Fun_zpsxaxrplso.png

For Fun will of course be much more open and less restrictive than For Glory. Featuring all stages (including DLC stages), items on low and allowance for custom movesets.

On Monday 30/11/15, we have...

Crazy%20Smash_zpswhtdtduj.png

All stages are allowed, including DLC and custom stages. Items are on high, custom movesets are allowed and customisations are allowed as well. On top of that there will be an unannounced set of special rules in place that you will only see announced right before your match.

Ok, so with that out of the way, just a few things I should note as well...

You may change your character during the tourney at any time and do not have to stick to the one character all throughout.

In terms of set up, I will be hosting all matches on my own Wii U across all three days. All players will need to add my NNID (Nuclear_Muffin) and just join me when their match is due to begin. I will lose all my stocks at the start of each match and then the battle begins.

If your Mii's name is different from your username here on N-Europe, please let me know in advance so that I'll know who you are when you join.

Ok! So with that out of the way and without further adieu, here are the brackets! :D

Tournament-Graphic---4-Man-For-Glory-With-Avatars_zpskpiovlrn.jpg

Tournament-Graphic---8-man-For-Fun-starting-bracket_zpscwajhbde.jpg

Tournament-Graphic---8-man-Crazy-Smash_zpsmuxepimp.jpg

All three tourneys will start at 20:30 and should end at 22:30 at the latest (For Glory will obviously be shorter since we only have 4 players in that one :p)

Each match will be 3 stock (though some exceptions will be made in certain Crazy Smash matches) and will be set for 3 minutes. After each match, I will update the leaderboard in the first post here and I will make a new post whenever a match has finished with updated graphics and a graphic showing who is next and what rules are in place for Crazy Smash during this match.

After each match, I am hoping that a 5 minute window will be long enough for each player to connect and for me to update the leaderboard. Apologies in advance if it takes a little longer, but if you can't connect for whatever reason during that time, I will have to disqualify you in order to keep the game going at a decent pace.

If you wish to submit your own custom stages for use in Crazy Smash, you are more than welcome to send some to my Wii U. Please let me know in this thread if you have done so, so that I know to keep an eye out for them!

And with that, we're all set for a Smashing time! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Geez, I've got a @RedShell up my backside straight away on 2 of the groups!

What is this? Mario Kart?

Looking forward to the Sibling Rivalry match in Crazy Smash. That should be a laugh!

You know I'll be rooting for @Ugh first aid, right? Can't have you winning, people will think it's rigged!

Excellent stuff @Dcubed. icon14.gif

You've done a fantastic job with this. :bowdown:

Really looking forward to it. :)

Geez, I've got a @RedShell up my backside straight away on 2 of the groups!

What is this? Mario Kart?

Yeah, don't think you need to worry too much though, ey? ;)

Meanwhile I'll just be hoping for a repeat of your antics with DeDeDe, in order for me to stand a chance. :laughing:

Meanwhile I'll just be hoping for a repeat of your antics with DeDeDe, in order for me to stand a chance. :laughing:

Never gonna live that down, am I?

You can easily guess at my thoughts.

"Yikes, that was close! I can still pull it back... HA! Got the bugger! Victory is mine! Now I'll just rub it in his face a bit... NOOOOOOOOO!"

DCubed was laughing for a long time after that.

That moment has permanently scarred me. I'm absolutely terrified of Hocatate Bombs now, and that's hilarious!

If there's a moment even half as funny as that, this tourney will be a success.

Edited by Glen-i

Excellent stuff @Dcubed. icon14.gif

You've done a fantastic job with this. :bowdown:

Really looking forward to it. :)

Well there's a good chance of similar shenanigans with Crazy Smash. Anything could happen ;)

Match of the century brother and sister in a brawl to the death! What crazy antics shall happen?!

Speaking of crazy antics. @Glen\-i and I were practicing on smash just now and many crazy antic's were had! 8D Despite being rusty as heck it appears that i'm still A ok with my main. :yay:

Speaking of crazy antics. @Glen\-i and I were practicing on smash just now and many crazy antic's were had! 8D Despite being rusty as heck it appears that i'm still A ok with my main. :yay:

She won 3-1... If that's A-OK, I'd hate to see her when she's good with her main...

There were quite a few moments of hilarity, and we were going by the "For Fun" rules!

That said, @Dcubed, I think 3 minutes is not enough time for 3 stock matches, all our matches lasted around 5 minutes, at least.

Most took more than 6.

I get the feeling every match will end in a time out at 3 minutes, and we all know that Sudden Death victories, while hilarious, are not very satisfying.

All three tourneys will start at 20:30 and should end at 22:30 at the latest (For Glory will obviously be shorter since we only have 4 players in that one :p)

When you say that the tourneys will start at 20:30 do all matches have to begin at that time?

Just checking because I don't actually finish work until 20:30 on Saturday... I'll likely be home by 21:00 assuming I'm getting a lift back which I usually do but if you don't hear anything from me at all by 21:30 then it's definitely safe to assume I won't be home until the tournament finishes; that's just worst-case scenario but I thought it best to let you know now.

Otherwise, all going well I fully intend to be home and ready to play by 21:00 or just after. : peace:

She won 3-1... If that's A-OK, I'd hate to see her when she's good with her main...

There were quite a few moments of hilarity, and we were going by the "For Fun" rules!

That said, @david\.dakota, say to starting each bracket a little later for @S\.C\.G here? Say, 21:15? (so For Fun and Crazy Smash would probably finish at around 23:15 in that case)

I'm more than happy to change the start time if you guys can accommodate a later starting time so that S.C.G can get in in good time! (TIME)

Edited by Dcubed

@david\.dakota, I have sent you a friend request. Please be sure to accept it if you want to join tonight's Smash!

Speaking of which, tonight's Smash (For Glory) will run starting from 20:30, since S.C.G is not taking part in this one. I assume that everyone is ok with that time.

With For Fun (Sunday) and Crazy Smash (Monday), is everyone ok with a 21:15 start on both nights?

Edited by Dcubed

@david\.dakota, I have sent you a friend request. Please be sure to accept it if you want to join tonight's Smash!

Speaking of which, tonight's Smash (For Glory) will run starting from 20:30. Since S.C.G is not taking part in this one, I assume that everyone is ok with that time.

With For Fun (Sunday) and Crazy Smash (Monday), is everyone ok with a 21:15 start on both nights?

Yep, no probs. :)

Speaking of which, tonight's Smash (For Glory) will run starting from 20:30, since S.C.G is not taking part in this one. I assume that everyone is ok with that time.

Ah... I may have made an error, for some reason I thought the tournament was Friday - Sunday but this means that I can definitely start at the original time of 8:30pm on Sunday.

[insert Thou Hast Goofed! image here] :indeed:

I'm sorry if I've caused any confusion for everyone involved. :(

Also if it's any help then I can commit to 9:00pm on Monday to make it slightly earlier for everyone as I catch a bus at just after 8PM which will get me home in good time.

It's possible I might be able to get home earlier on the Monday which would mean I might make the original 8:30pm time but it wouldn't be a certainty - sometimes I get offered a lift home - so I don't want to say that I could start earlier on that night and then it not be the case, I just don't like the feeling of unintentionally messing anyone around any further when you've already been so kind in accomodating a later start time already.

Anyway I just thought I'd let you know that now to give as much warning as possible, also I hope you all have fun tonight in the For Glory battle! : peace:

Right then! So that means a start time of 20:30 on Sunday and a start time of 21:00 on Monday then if that's ok by everyone!

Phew! Hopefully that's everyone sorted now! : peace:

Right then! So that means a start time of 20:30 on Sunday and a start time of 21:00 on Monday then if that's ok by everyone!

Phew! Hopefully that's everyone sorted now! : peace:

Yeah, that's cool. :)

What's the plan for tonight then, are you gonna post in here to let us know when to connect?

Also, do we need to play as the same character for all 3 matches?

Yeah, that's cool. :)

What's the plan for tonight then, are you gonna post in here to let us know when to connect?

Also, do we need to play as the same character for all 3 matches?

I will be posting updates with new graphics after each and every single matchup.

You can switch characters at any time.

Just to re-iterate. With tonight's matches in For Glory, the winner is decided via best out of 3 games - due to the fact that we only have 4 players (it would be way too short otherwise!)

All matches are 2 stock, 3 minutes, no items, no custom movesets, no customised equipment. Miis are allowed, but must be using the default 1111 moveset.

Also with tonight's matches, you may only choose either Battlefield or Omega Form stages. As host, I will be doing the same.

After each match, I will post in this thread, upon which, you will have around 5 minutes to get into the room for your next match!

Alright! It's 20:00, we have 30 mins left to go before the starting time!

Tourney-Splashscreen-For-Glory_zps26liofil.jpg

@david\.dakota, @Glen\-i. Take your places!

Our first match will be...

Tournament%20Graphic%20-%204%20Man%20Four%20Glory%20Match%201_zpsistij8vo.png

david%20VS%20The%20Mole_zpsdzqq9s0q.png

If david.dakota and The Mole could try to join me at about 20:25, that would be good just so that we get off to a good start :)

Edited by Dcubed

Here we go! Get hype!

I've been practising way more than I usually do.

I'm way too excited!

I've been practising way more than I usually do.
Why? :heh:

Oh right, for the games after ours. :laughing:

EDIT

Doesn't look like david.dakota is gonna show. :hmm: You gonna take his place, Dcubed?

Edited by RedShell

No sign of @david\.dakota...

If he does not join by 20:40 ish, I will take his place.

Come on @david\.dakota, don't be the first disqualification! That'd be laaaaaaaame!

Alright! Well @david\.dakota failed to show on time, so I am taking his place!

For%20Glory%20Match%201%20Dcubed%20to%20the%20rescue_zpsaxswgbk1.png

Dcubed%20VS%20The%20Mols_zpsnwznapwv.png

Let's go!