NEurope
Dcubed

The N-Europe Super Smash Bros Anniversary Tourney signup thread!

qXB2aA4.jpg

As mentioned on the main site, in light of the one year anniversary of the release of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, we are running a week long celebration of everything Super Smash Bros.

As part of this, we are looking to run an online tournament for Super Smash Bros for Wii U here on N-Europe and we are hoping that many of you will want to take part! : peace:

We are looking to run three different tourney brackets on three different days. The first will run on Saturday 28/11/15, the one year anniversary of Super Smash Bros for Wii U in Europe. The next two will run on Sunday 29/11/15 and then on Monday 30/11/15.

The three different brackets all follow different rules, so no matter how you prefer to play, you're sure to find a tourney that you'll enjoy playing in!

On Saturday 28/11/15, we have...

For%20Glory_zpsapyaad7o.png

For Glory will play out much as you'd expect. No items, Omega Stages only (plus Battlefield), no customisations, no custom movesets. Miis can be used, but must use the default 1111 moveset.

For those who aren't big fans of competitive play... On Sunday 29/11/15, we have...

For%20Fun_zpsxaxrplso.png

For Fun will of course be much more open and less restrictive than For Glory. Featuring all stages (including DLC stages), items on low and allowance for custom movesets, it's sure to be a Smash, no matter what side of the Smash spectrum you land on! :)

And if that's just not enough to satiate your desire for pure chaos... On Monday 30/11/15, we have...

Crazy%20Smash_zpswhtdtduj.png

Crazy Smash is no holds barred mayhem. Anything goes as all stages are allowed, including DLC and even custom stages! Items are ratcheted up to high, custom movesets are allowed and customisations are allowed as well. But that's not all! Oh no... Because in each round, there will be an unannounced set of special rules in place for even MORE chaos! You'll never know what absolute insane action awaits you until your match is about to begin! It could be a 300%, Bombs only Smash; or even an All Gust Bellows Smash on a tiny custom stage! Only anarchists need apply to these insane battles! :D

As an added bonus, feel free to submit your own custom stages to my NNID and there's a decent chance that your crazy and insane stage will make an unexpected appearance during the tourney! (Try to keep it at less than 5 submissions per player please, just to save my sanity ;) )

All three tourneys will be strictly 1 vs 1 and all matches will be set with a 3 minute time limit to ensure that match timings do not drag on for too long and keep other players waiting. For Glory and For Fun matches will feature 3 stocks while Crazy Smash may vary according to the rules in place for that match. The total size of each tourney bracket will ultimately be dependent on how many people choose to apply, but we're hoping for around 16 player brackets, single elimination, for each tourney.

In terms of set up, I will be hosting all matches on my own Wii U across all three days. All players will need to add my NNID (Nuclear_Muffin) and just join me when their match is due to begin. I will lose all my stocks at the start of each match and then the battle begins! This is done so that we can have a nice easy setup where everyone who takes part need only add one NNID. It also means that I can record the results of each match and update the leaderboard that will be posted in the final Tourney Thread for all to see. It also means that I can capture video footage of each match as I aim to get a highlight reel of matches made, once the tourney is finished :D

In terms of how the tourney timing will be set during each day, I'm actually looking to get your input here... Now with each match lasting 3 minutes, I was thinking around a 5 minute cooldown period in-between matches; just to give people time to connect and get into the room (and it also gives me a little time to update the leaderboard). If we go for that, then that means that each tourney bracket should last for about 2 hours if we manage to fill out a 16 person bracket.

If you guys taking part feel that 5 minutes is enough preparation time for joining in each match (and if you don't, then please let me know!), then what 2 hour slot would most of you be comfortable with on each day?

Oh and feel free to join more than one tourney bracket as well. Nobody said that you can only play For Glory or For Fun after all ;)

Just make sure that you let me know what 2 hour timeslot during the day that you're most comfortable with when signing up as I want to set the timeslot at the best possible time for everyone taking part! : peace:

I'm definitely up for Saturday and Monday! (Crazy Smash FTW! :bouncy:) Possibly Sunday too, depending on when it goes down.

8-10pm is my preferred time slot.

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

May I sign up for Fun and Crazy Smash please? :)

Around 9PM for both should work.

I would sign up for Glory as well but it's not really my thing plus I'm back to work this week so on Saturday I might not get home until gone 9PM so I wouldn't even be able to take part until 10PM for that one, so it's probably best I just stick with Sunday and Monday. : peace:

Alright guys, we need at least one more person to fill out an 8 person bracket for the Sunday and Monday tourney (Really at least 2 would be ideal, but I can take part myself if we need the extra player)

We need at least 4 for For Glory on Saturday though... (or else it'll be a pretty short tourney! I'll have to change the rules somehow!)

It looks like we're going for around 20:30-22:30 for each bracket as that seems to be roughly everyone's preferred time. If anyone has any objections, please make them known!

Either way, I'll be finalising the rules/brackets today; so don't miss out on all the fun we'll be having if you still want to join us! : peace:

Sunday and Monday are good for me, anytime from 6pm (Sunday) and after 8pm on Monday

Great! So we've got enough for 8 man brackets for For Fun and Crazy Smash now! :D

We could still do with more for For Glory though, but it looks like we're not gonna be able to do better than 4 players for that one sadly...

Well I'm finalising the brackets now, so if you want to get in For Glory, now's your last chance!