N-Europe

Yahoo account not recieving emails

EEVILMURRAY

For some reason my Yahoo account hasn't been recieving many emails over the past week or so. I've sent it emails from my other accounts and it's worked, but I've ordered things from Amazon and not recieved confirmation/dispatch emails (I have checked that it's been dispatched). Perhaps it's just "automated" emails it's suddenly not recieving? Although one or two seem to appear each day, but I normally get a lot more.

For some reason my Yahoo account hasn't been recieving many emails over the past week or so. I've sent it emails from my other accounts and it's worked, but I've ordered things from Amazon and not recieved confirmation/dispatch emails (I have checked that it's been dispatched). Perhaps it's just "automated" emails it's suddenly not recieving? Although one or two seem to appear each day, but I normally get a lot more.

Are you checking them through your browser? If so have you tried checking them through a client?

If you're currently using a client then reverse the advice and try checking them through your browser.

Also, if you're recieving emails on two different devices, you need to use IMAP protocol - if you're using POP3 then emails will only be sent to the first device you recieve them on. So that could be the problem if for instance you can see the emails on your phone but not in a pc client of some sort, although it sounds like your problem might be more general than this.

Also, if you're recieving emails on two different devices, you need to use IMAP protocol - if you're using POP3 then emails will only be sent to the first device you recieve them on. So that could be the problem if for instance you can see the emails on your phone but not in a pc client of some sort, although it sounds like your problem might be more general than this.

I dunno what protocol/shiz I'm using, but this does sound familiar. Emails it's said I've gotten on my phone aren't there when I get on my computer.

I dunno what protocol/shiz I'm using, but this does sound familiar. Emails it's said I've gotten on my phone aren't there when I get on my computer.

Ah, then it likely is a POP/IMAP problem - probably when you set it up on your phone you configured it to POP rather than IMAP. There are instructions for how to change this for each email service and client/operating system here.

Ah, then it likely is a POP/IMAP problem - probably when you set it up on your phone you configured it to POP rather than IMAP. There are instructions for how to change this for each email service and client/operating system here.

If I'm reading that correctly - That seems to be if I want to assign an email account to a generic email tab on my phone, not using their official app. If I have to uninstall the Yahoo! email app, that's not a problem.

If I'm reading that correctly - That seems to be if I want to assign an email account to a generic email tab on my phone, not using their official app. If I have to uninstall the Yahoo! email app, that's not a problem.

Ah, there are probably settings specific to the app too - the official site has this page, which presumably applies to their app as well as third party ones? But if you can't find settings like this, you're probably better off getting rid of it and using something else.