Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Generations

liger05

Anyone gone after the @Glen\-i, I'm guessing you'll be after that Fire Emblem set, if you haven't nabbed it already that is. :hehe:

That's seriously creepy timing, because I have the weekend off and was just about to mention you and @S\.C\.G for some DLC questing and maybe some hyper Gammoth/Astalos/Glavenus hunting for Armour upgrades for S.C.G, Ugh First Aid and me.

I'm definitely going for Marth's Falchion, that Dragon Attack and Base Attack is insane! Might go for the costume, depending on the skills.

EDIT: Oh lord, I have to fight a Hyper Silver Rathalos? Why does life hate me?

So, after Mario Kart tonight?

Edited by Glen-i

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure thing. icon14.gif

*sharpens claws* :grin:

Cool, I get the feeling I'm gonna need a Defense boost though. Some I'm gonna try and play with some randoms for the first time ever in Generations to get those Hyper Gammoth parts I need to upgrade my armour, and then use those 30 Heavy Armour Spheres (!) the latest item pack gave after that.

Cool, I get the feeling I'm gonna need a Defense boost though. Some I'm gonna try and play with some randoms for the first time ever in Generations to get those Hyper Gammoth parts I need to upgrade my armour, and then use those 30 Heavy Armour Spheres (!) the latest item pack gave after that.
OK, ready when you are. :)

Cheers to @Glen\-i and @Dcubed for an excellent evening of hunting after being away from the game for two weeks. :)

That monthly DLC though... just keeps me coming back! :D

Hopefully I'll next be around on Sunday for some further hunting. : peace:

Yeah, thanks for the hunts.

Sorry I wasn't around for long, and for being very rusty. Over a month since I last played though, so I'll probably need to do a few more quests before my prowler is back to his usual self. :hehe:

It's still disappointing how the prowler DLC always seems to be so inferior to the set I already use, as I love the look of the DLC gear, but can't switch to it without taking a massive hit to attack and defence. :hmm:

So yeah, you end up just giving that stuff to your palicoes, like I did yesterday with the Mega Man outfit.

I wanna be Mega Man cat though! :sad::laughing:

Cheers to @Glen\-i and @Dcubed for an excellent evening of hunting after being away from the game for two weeks. :)

That monthly DLC though... just keeps me coming back! :D

Hopefully I'll next be around on Sunday for some further hunting. : peace:

At this point, the two of us have got Astalos down to an artform, huh?

Still, we have higher defense than @RedShell now and have at least 1 maxed out weapon between us, so it was totally worth it.

Speaking of, when are you free today? I need a few more things from Firebrand: Rathalos edition. And DCubed and Ugh First Aid would probably like to hunt some Glavenus/Get some Commendation G's for their armour upgrades.

Still, we have higher defense than RedShell now and have at least 1 maxed out weapon between us, so it was totally worth it.

Speaking of, when are you free today? I need a few more things from Firebrand: Rathalos edition. And DCubed and Ugh First Aid would probably like to hunt some Glavenus/Get some Commendation G's for their armour upgrades.

Astalos is essentially one big flying, scratching, clawing, biting and lightning-spewing hitbox now. :awesome:

I won't be around until late tomorrow night so not much chance for hunting, similar for Saturday though slightly earlier so maybe, Sunday almost certainly though. :)

Astalos is essentially one big flying, scratching, clawing, biting and lightning-spewing hitbox now. :awesome:

I won't be around until late tomorrow night so not much chance for hunting, similar for Saturday though slightly earlier so maybe, Sunday almost certainly though. :)

Actually, that question was aimed at @RedShell. Should have made that more clear, sorry.

I didn't forget that you're next free on Sunday.

Still, we have higher defense than @RedShell now and have at least 1 maxed out weapon between us, so it was totally worth it.

I love how the stats of my little cat actually became a target to reach for your hunters. :heh:

I'm able to play from either 17:30-19:30, or 20:00-22:00, so pick from one of those (the other will be Paper Mario time :hehe:) and I'll be happy to "assist" you. :)

I love how the stats of my little cat actually became a target to reach for your hunters. :heh:

I'm able to play from either 17:30-19:30, or 20:00-22:00, so pick from one of those (the other will be Paper Mario time :hehe:) and I'll be happy to "assist" you. :)

It helps to have milestones to aim for, you know?

20:00 it is then, Mr. 24-hour Format.

I'm available for one more hunting session tonight until 9. It'd probably be just me though. DCubed and Ugh First Aid are working.

@S\.C\.G, @RedShell, when are you free? Do you even want to play today? Do you still have a 3DS? What colour is it? Does it match your WiiU? Is that the NX? Is this the NX? Am I the NX? Has it all just been a figment of our imaginations? Why haven't you answered me yet?

I'm available for one more hunting session tonight until 9. It'd probably be just me though. DCubed and Ugh First Aid are working.

@S\.C\.G, @RedShell, when are you free? Do you even want to play today? Do you still have a 3DS? What colour is it? Does it match your WiiU? Is that the NX? Is this the NX? Am I the NX? Has it all just been a figment of our imaginations? Why haven't you answered me yet?

OK, so...

I'm freeee from 7PM onwards. Yes I do indeed want to play today. I do still have a 3DS. It is the New XL variant furnished in gold with Majora's Mask imagery adorning the outer shell. It does not match my Wii U sadly. I can confirm that it is (probably) not the NX. Who knows if this is the NX or the real world. I know not if you are the NX, only you can answer that question. Part of it may be an illusion but who knows what is real and mere imagination at this point. I previously had not answered you because... *bacon, which has now been consumed and was delicious, now that I have seen your questions I have endeavoured to answer them in sequential order, hopefully to your satisfaction and/or amusement. :D

*I can confirm that the NX probably doesn't contain bacon or indeed that bacon doesn't contain the NX. ;)

Thanks to @Glen\-i and @RedShell for some fantastic hunts. :)

I finally got up to HR7 and we helped Glen rocket up to over level 80... which then got me wondering what level I might end up jumping to?

Deciding that it would be HR lvl 64 but with that being all too convenient so it will likely be one above or below... no... perhaps half, then 64.5.

64.5... could it be? NX!??! :wink:

We're calling it now, soon after I get to HR lvl 64.5 then it will surely be time for the NX to be revealed, I mean it all makes perfect sense. :D

Anyway, we shall see... I'd better keep playing Monster Hunter regularly in the evenings just in case. : peace:

I finally got up to HR7 and we helped Glen rocket up to over level 80... which then got me wondering what level I might end up jumping to?

Deciding that it would be HR lvl 64 but with that being all too convenient so it will likely be one above or below... no... perhaps half, then 64.5.

64.5... could it be? NX!??! :wink:

It explains everything! Narkarkos represents the dead husk of the WiiU! It needs to be put to rest before we can move on.

That said, the moment when that music changed halfway through Narkarkos was chilling. I very much enjoyed that fight. It works well with multiplayer, what with the multiple ways of inflicting damage and the status effect that pretty much needs help from someone else. Those kind of Elder Dragons are my favourite.

Hopefully, I can get the next weekend free.

Yeah, another fun monster hunting session. icon14.gif

I completely lost it on the one when we were chasing after a limping Uragaan in the volcano area. My cat was in rage mode so I triggered its infinite attack combo to follow Uragaan (not sure why either, as it was already quite far ahead :woops:) but Glen-i's hunter then got caught in my path, and so kept flinching almost the entire way to the next area. :laughing:

Was also funny when I kept failing at "covering a poo" (that's setting a trap to anyone who isn't familiar with my silly custom messages :hehe:) comedy moments like these are what make Monster Hunter so enjoyable for me. :)

Anyway, glad to see Glen-i finally unlock his HR. Although he seemed slightly disappointed not to reach triple digits. :heh:

That said, the moment when that music changed halfway through Narkarkos was chilling. I very much enjoyed that fight. It works well with multiplayer, what with the multiple ways of inflicting damage and the status effect that pretty much needs help from someone else. Those kind of Elder Dragons are my favourite.

Hopefully, I can get the next weekend free.

We were actually a bit too good on that quest, as there are a few more surprises on the high rank version, which we didn't get to see because Narkarkos was already dead. :D

So who's up for some Post-Mario Kart hunting tonight? @S\.C\.G?

Maybe we can get S.C.G to HR 64.5 now.

Not that it'll matter, damn Ninty spying on me...

EDIT: Right, gonna get myself a meal in the form of southern Fired Chicken, then gonna head online in about 15 minutes.

@S\.C\.G, you in?

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

@Glen\-i and I, made a pretty formidable team this evening, although I didn't quite get up to HR lvl 64.5... I did get to HR 44 by the end of the evening, so there's that! :)

A few standout moments but the best had to be the moment a Zinogre was about to finish off poor Glen as he was at low health and dazed, I noticed it was near death so I combo'd the beast and killed it just as it was a mere half-second away from a one-hit K-O! :D

Plenty of other decent hunts, rounded off with a traditional assault on Astalos which was butchered pretty efficiently! :heh:

Part of me can't wait to see what kind of Monster Hunter game we end getting on the Nintendo Switch but there's plenty of time until then. :cool:

A few standout moments but the best had to be the moment a Zinogre was about to finish off poor Glen as he was at low health and dazed, I noticed it was near death so I combo'd the beast and killed it just as it was a mere half-second away from a one-hit K-O! :D

Plenty of other decent hunts, rounded off with a traditional assault on Astalos which was butchered pretty efficiently! :heh:

It was totally planned, I knew you'd finish the job. Just needed to distract the Zinogre.

Totally cacking myself the whole time.

Well, that Astalos was pretty efficient, apart from that moment we both jumped off a cliff to follow it to a new area, right into the path of it's charging attack.

Thought to myself, "Oh no, it's learning!" at that point.

Anyway, you up for another Hunt Sess, Gee?

Maybe @RedShell wants to bounce wit us and square up in some Mon's Bizz?

Not sure if DizzleCubed will be there, have to rap wit him 'bout that.

...OK, I'll stop now. Boyeeeee

Edited by Glen-i

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!