NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

Maybe @RedShell wants to bounce wit us and square up in some Mon's Bizz?
Possibly.

I really do want to crack on with Paper Mario though, so I don't end up doing a dazzybee. :heh:

The original thing "doing a dazzybee" means, yeah... not that other one. :laughing:

Anyway, you up for another Hunt Sess, Gee?

Maybe RedShell wants to bounce wit us and square up in some Mon's Bizz?

Not sure if DizzleCubed will be there, have to rap wit him 'bout that.

...OK, I'll stop now. Boyeeeee

Yo, you know it fo sho... Glen-Ayyyye!

We be reckin' 'dem monstas good, word!

I was thinkin' round 8 if that be good for you, brotha?

Fo shizzle, fa rizzle... peace out! :awesome:

I'm clearly so "down" with the street speak... :blush: but yeah, see you online at 8... G-dawg. :laughing:

Well that was certainly an eventful evening! :D

Glen-i and I, seemed to flit between Arena quests and Operation Astalos Decimation and General Assault in pursuit of two electrogems so that I could finally fully upgrade my armour to maximum.

First quest, got one! Second... nope! Third... kidding right? Forth(?) didn't think so... then the last quest came and Glen asked, Any Luck? to which I replied, I didn't get one as my hunter fell to the ground in a rather weary state...

...before getting up and proclaiming, I got TWO! on the very last quest of the evening! :grin:

Really chuffed, we really ripped through Astalos with great efficiency again as well, not bad for an evenings work. : peace:

Okie dokie, Ugh First Aid and I are gonna start the hunting for tonight.

@S\.C\.G, whenever you're ready to join, just jump on in.

Well it seems @Glen\-i, @Ugh first aid and I really tore up some monsters last night... :D

...and got torn up by one or two as well. :p

That monster though, the big floaty one with the lightning storms and proectiles of death... yeah that one, what an encounter! I can't wait to try that again, though perhaps with four players as was remarked afterwards.

(sorry if it appeared that I bailed early last night, that wasn't the case, I was going to say... "Thanks for some... truly excellent hunts!" before bidding you both good night but I got DC'd so sorry about that, the router tends to switch off around just before 1am on its timer switch which is why I'll tend to play online until around 12:30am...ish but we were doing so well so I stayed longer.

But that Hyper Zinogre at the end, got well and truly butchered! :laughing: I think it was partly that I was concious of the time but damn if that hunt didn't come together rather perfectly. :)

It was a fun evening, hopefully we can all play again soon. : peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Yeah, we made fantastic progress. Including Ugh First Aid's jump in HR of the exact same amount as you did.

I chose Amatsu as a test run. It was a completely new monster for me, so I had to give it a try.

Jaw dropped when Ugh First Aid and I got one-shotted by that vortex attack, it was dragging everyone to it and naturally being the competent hunter I am, completely panicked.

Seems that sheathing your weapon, running like the dickens and diving at the last moment gets you through that. (Or sitting in the Ballista)

Definitely want to try that when we have some more back-up in the form of N-Europe's Felyne mascot or our resident Link cosplayer who doesn't realise he never used a massive red axe.

So, any of you up for some post-karting hunting tonight, @S\.C\.G?

I'm certainly not gonna let a little thing like another 3DS MonHun game stop me from completing the quest to do all the quests!

If both of you show up, I fancy going for the Fire Emblem Sword & Shield. Can't be any harder than Amatsu, right? Right!?

EDIT: Well, if either of you wanna play, give me about half an hour from now. Gonna get some food.

I've opened a room now, if no-one shows after about 30 minutes or so, I'll play something else.

Edited by Glen-i

EDIT: Well, if either of you wanna play, give me about half an hour from now. Gonna get some food.

I've opened a room now, if no-one shows after about 30 minutes or so, I'll play something else.

Sure I'll hunt with you, just going to grab a hot drink and I'll be there, sort of around 10PM. : peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Thanks for the hunts @S\.C\.G.

With just the two of us, we kept it more down-to-earth. You know, Mizutsune and Glavenus at the same time, no biggie.

I had a good laugh once you were forced to use Lifepowders to heal. I had almost full health and was thinking, "Uh, Thanks? But I'm not that desperate"

Karma hit me in the form of a Duramboros tail to the head later on. That's what I get for laughing at you.

Also, congrats on the big 50.

You're old.

Thanks for the hunts @S\.C\.G.

With just the two of us, we kept it more down-to-earth. You know, Mizutsune and Glavenus at the same time, no biggie.

I had a good laugh once you were forced to use Lifepowders to heal. I had almost full health and was thinking, "Uh, Thanks? But I'm not that desperate"

Karma hit me in the form of a Duramboros tail to the head later on. That's what I get for laughing at you.

Also, congrats on the big 50.

You're old.

You're most welcome and thank you, it was fun hunting as always. :)

Yeah, two big monsters at a time in a confined space, jumping on their backs, busting a combo in their face... it's just how we roll... :awesome:

...to avoid attacks, then come back with a gap in the pattern, the monsters on the floor and it gets a... battering. :awesome:

Then down came that Duramboros as you got flattened, and of course I was thinking to myself... "Well that happened!" :p

But we carved 'em all up good, 'cos you know we aint' messin', get a heal on that wound because that really needs addressin', alltogether though we got the moves as we we're pretty nifty, all in an evenings work, grinding up to level fifty! :D

Until next time when I get to fight alongside the best, the one and only player, the Selector of Quests! : peace:

We should totally form a Monster Hunter rap group or something... :blush:

Sorry I missed out on the hunting, was under the weather last week. :(

Will hopefully be able to join you guys next time.

Will hopefully be able to join you guys next time.

I was wondering where you've been. Hopefully, you'll get past it soon.

Ya don't say...

@S\.C\.G and @RedShell, if the both of you are up for it tonight, perhaps I can finally get my Falchion from Hyper Silver Rathalos!

@S\.C\.G and @RedShell, if the both of you are up for it tonight, perhaps I can finally get my Falchion from Hyper Silver Rathalos!
OK, I can jump on for a few hunts now, or at around 8.

OK, I can jump on for a few hunts now, or at around 8.

8 sounds great! See you then.

Cheers for the hunts last night, @S\.C\.G be up for some hunting at 8 tonight? If we can get 3 of us together, I'd like to attempt Hyper Silver Rathalos.

Well, you know what they say about what to do when you don't succeed at first.

That's right, keep whining until you get your way!

So yeah, I would like to butcher monsters from 6pm to 9pm tonight. (Or earlier, I'm not fussy) Would either of you be up for that, @S\.C\.G?

Well, you know what they say about what to do when you don't succeed at first.

That's right, keep whining until you get your way!

So yeah, I would like to butcher monsters from 6pm to 9pm tonight. (Or earlier, I'm not fussy) Would either of you be up for that, @S\.C\.G?

I promise I haven't been ignoring you, just that Friday and Saturday on a working week, I don't get back until waayyyy late. :sad:

But today I would love to butcher monsters with you this evening Glen. :D

Also it just so happens that this is now my week off work so I'm sure I can hunt on some week-day evenings as well, though Friday evening I'll likely be playing some NES games for MadDog Marathon (I haven't fully decided on times but will be posting in the thread about it in a moment) and depending on how it all goes I could well be playing NES games for a lot of Saturday but I may well be free that evening. : peace:

Anyway, tonight though probably from 7PM... ish...? Will keep you posted but definitely put me down for it, plus that November DLC... just when I think I've taken a break from Monster Hunter, they keep pulling me back in! :awesome:

I promise I haven't been ignoring you, just that Friday and Saturday on a working week, I don't get back until waayyyy late. :sad:

But today I would love to butcher monsters with you this evening Glen. :D

Don't worry, I would never think you were ignoring me. Even if you flat out said "Glen, I'm ignoring you", I'd pause for a bit before thinking, "Nah, you're not actually ignoring me though"

But I know that pain. My weekdays are unfortunately pretty much taken up because of my job. (What do you mean my free time would be taken up!? I never signed up for that!)

Anyway, see you at 7! I'll see if Ugh First Aid will help us out.

EDIT: I'm opening a room now, join in whenever you're ready.

Edited by Glen-i

OK, @S\.C\.G. You up for some post-karting hunting tonight?

I tried the Baki event quest with some random just now. You have to hunt a Hyper Gammoth in the arena.

Oh yeah, and you have to do it naked!

I'm pretty sure the only way to stand a chance is to go with a Bowgun or to use a Palico with the "World's Strongest" skill.

Anyway, I went with Bowgun, didn't work out.

EDIT: Room's open if you're joining in @S\.C\.G. RedShell and Ugh First Aid are here as well, so hopefully we can take on that Silver Rath.

Edited by Glen-i

I'll be there in 5 mins or so, just grabbing a hot drink. :)

Assuming you're not all retroed out, @S\.C\.G. You up for a brief Sunday hunt tonight? Maybe around 6-9pm? Going ahead and mentioning @RedShell because three's a crowd. And crowds are funnier.

Assuming you're not all retroed out, @S\.C\.G. You up for a brief Sunday hunt tonight? Maybe around 6-9pm? Going ahead and mentioning @RedShell because three's a crowd. And crowds are funnier.

Retroed out? I don't think that could ever happen. :awesome:

Playing those games in the spirit of MadDog Marathon was fun and besides I've got many more retro games to catch up on for VC Weekly but it was well worth supporting the event. :)

I should be around from 7PM or so... got to test to see how that MHG New 3DS XL console grip holds up using it with the game it was designed for afterall. : peace: