NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash

I'm just over halfway through the game now and it hasn't got any better, if anything it's probably got worse!

I've played a couple more vehicle sections and they all are terrible. Some of them require perfect runs. If you die or run out of energy then all the way back to the start you go. You then have to sit and watch the cutscene all over again, before starting the level from scratch. The developers clearly knew this was a problem because after the second time you die you get the option to skip the level for 500 coins. Yay! The coins actually have a use!

One of the vehicle sections is where you use a submarine. I read horror stories from US players who got the game before us and it turns out they are all true. The controls are very sluggish and slow and the levels very boring, even more so than the regular ones, which is an accomplishment in itself.

During the submarine stage you get locked in a room and you have to wait until enemy cannons fire a certain type of mine at you and then grab it and use it against a wall. No kidding, I sat for around 30 seconds, in the same spot, just waiting for the game to give me the right mine. Very annoying.

To add insult to injury, the game then makes it so you have to fight the 3rd world boss in the submarine! What a mess!

I just cleared World 3 and therefore experienced the Chibi-Submarine today. :heh:

To be honest I thought that stage with the submarine was OK. Sure it's super sloooooow, and having to wait for the correct mines to appear is a bit weird, but I actually found it kind of relaxing. :hehe:

Do agree that it didn't really work for the boss battle though... :blank:

BTW, did you not like any of the vehicle stages? I think the skate and wakeboard ones are pretty rad. :grin:

I'm also really loving those little "grab all the coins" bonus rooms! Despite not being particularly challenging, there's just something about them. I think it's because I find it so satisfying to line up the perfect Zip Lash and collect a row of coins/items in the process! The occasional slowdown when you bounce Chibi-Robo's plug off several surfaces makes it even more enjoyable. :D As does using the L Button to reel in the cord even faster.

I just cleared World 3 and therefore experienced the Chibi-Submarine today. :heh:

To be honest I thought that stage with the submarine was OK. Sure it's super sloooooow, and having to wait for the correct mines to appear is a bit weird, but I actually found it kind of relaxing. :hehe:

Do agree that it didn't really work for the boss battle though... :blank:

BTW, did you not like any of the vehicle stages? I think the skate and wakeboard ones are pretty rad. :grin:

I'm also really loving those little "grab all the coins" bonus rooms! Despite not being particularly challenging, there's just something about them. I think it's because I find it so satisfying to line up the perfect Zip Lash and collect a row of coins/items in the process! The occasional slowdown when you bounce Chibi-Robo's plug off several surfaces makes it even more enjoyable. :D As does using the L Button to reel in the cord even faster.

The skateboard and wakeboard were better than the submarine and balloons but I still thought they were a bit pants and unnecessary.

The bonus rooms weren't challenging enough to offer any kind of satisfaction. It's blatantly obvious where you need to throw your lash and the fact that these rooms repeat themselves make the whole thing tiresome.

I was listening to this weeks NVC this afternoon and the guys on there were really meh on the game. A lot of the complaints that they had are ones that I raised in here. Brian just didn't know what to make of the game after finishing it and Jose said it's not up to the usual standards of a Nintendo franchise, especially one that's a 2D platformer.

MASSIVE drop in price. £12.95 at TheGameCollection.

HERE

Man, this game is bombing big style. :(

Shame, as it's not actually a bad game, I'm still enjoying it anyway. :hehe:

Up to the 5th world now. It's definitely getting trickier to collect everything in a single run, so will be replaying stages for that (and to collect the outfits).

Have got my Chibi-Robo amiibo up to Level 4 now too, so can obtain rarer figures from the capsule machine. :D Don't think I'll be able to complete that collection though, as some are locked to amiibo.

MASSIVE drop in price. £12.95 at TheGameCollection.

HERE

Cheers man, no excuse not to at that price! And the Amiibo is still available on the Nintendo Store for £10.99.

Fuck sake. Bought it at launch, still sealed... don't know why I bother!!

Oh i know... amiibo...

The game was the 10th best-selling 3DS game in the Nordic countries (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland) last week. Not sure how many sales that makes, but... at least it's something. *shrugs*

I'm still making steady progress through the game. Just finished the 4th world today, and I'm still enjoying it. The balloon stages are a bit silly (I keep forgetting that transforming into Super Chibi-Robo actually makes those stages harder...), but other than that even the vehicle stages have been pretty fun.

...actually, I think that I even like this game more than the original Chibi-Robo game...

£3.85 over on Shopto. Easily worth it at that price.

I bought this game at full price. Still in its cellophane :(

Sign in to follow this