NEurope
nekunando

Does anyone use BT Mobile?

I'm currently on O2, and have been for as long as I remember, but as a BT Broadband customer I rang BT the other day to try to get a better deal on my broadband and calls. they obliged, but also offered a ridiculously good deal to include my mobile aswell.

Basically, I'd be getting unlimited texts, 200 minutes and 500MB of data for £3 on top of what the broadband and calls package was brought down to.

Apparently they use the EE network, though I don't actually know anyone on that particular network, so am just really wondering if anyone actually uses BT Mobile and what your impressions are?

BT do indeed use the EE network (and will own the network within the next few months). In my opinion EE coverage is second to none.

The data seems a bit skimpy, but £3 is a neat price. BT have a great app which allows you to automatically jump on to one of their gazillion WiFi hotspots, could help alleviate data usage. Do check your current usage before signing up.

Definitely check how much you use. I'm past 16GB for this month so far.

I'm definitely fine as I never even use my 500MB with O2 :smile: I only ever check the odd thing when I'm out and about!

My concern has been that reviews of BT are generally awful, but then most providers seem to have terrible scores. I guess only the unhappy customers air their views ::shrug:

I'm currently an EE customer, don't get me wrong the coverage is great. However the service is terrible. Look back at the history i've had with EE, it wasn't good. EE's customer service is aweful, they even admit that there phone lines are temperamental (as a phone company, this is laughable).

Either way, as BT are looking to own EE in the next few months, and if you are a current BT customer and happy with the service then the deal they are offering is decent, albeit the skimpy data allowance (500mb in this day and age)

I've ordered the deal with what I feel are plenty opportunities to keep my options open.

I'm currently on O2, where I top up £10 per month (which stays on the phone) and this gives me unlimited texts. £6 comes out of that for 500MB bolt on. I may keep this phone active for the time being until I'm sure about going forward with BT as I can transfer the credit from the phone directly to the PlayStation Store. I'll cancel the bolt on for the forseeable future meaning that I'll be topping it up £10 each month to keep it active, but that £10 can go directly into my PSN wallet so that it isn't wasted :grin:

I may even keep this up for the entire year to see what happens with BT in 12 months when I need to arrange some new deals. It may sound foolish but, like I said, the money from the O2 phone will go into buying games on the PlayStation Store, and I'll actually still be paying over £5 less on the whole per month than I am on my current deal.. which kinda shows just how bad my current deal is :eek:

The other reason for keeping it a year is the possibility that BT may eventually start charging for BT Sport. If that happens, I can move to a much cheaper broadband deal elsewhere and resume making use of my O2 Pay & Go.

It's all more complicated than it probably needs to be but there's logic behind the madness.. I think :indeed:

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before BT start charging for BT Sport. They must surely be losing money by giving it for free to BT Broadband customers.

I just put a 30 day notice to EE to cancel my contract via their online chat. Because i can't get through to someone on the phone as the line keeps cutting off (irony)

Edited by Jimbob

The breakdown of the new deal shows that it's only the broadband that they've actually reduced for me (from £17.00 to £6.85 per month) but that it will become £18.00 after 12 months. They told me to call again in a year to see what they can offer me again.

I might be a bit late on this one...

I've been with Orange since I was 13. So 2003. I loved them, my parents were with them and so was my sister. Last year, in June after what - 10 years? I left them. Because I was so sick of EE.

As @Jimbob said they do good deals, mostly. But their coverage is crap and god forbid you need to get to speak to someone. Never again.

I decided to stick with my O2 deal but my wife is going to try BT. It has been fine so far, but we'll assess the situation after 12 months :heh:

In contrast to Nightwolf and Jimbob, I get great coverage from EE. They do tend to be a little pricey but I got a good deal that beat all the other networks. Haven't really had to deal with their customer service, so I've been more fortunate than some of you. Our broadband is with BT too and never had a problem with them either!

I decided to stick with my O2 deal but my wife is going to try BT. It has been fine so far, but we'll assess the situation after 12 months :heh:

I did wonder. I moved to o2 myself. Found them really great so far. :)

In contrast to Nightwolf and Jimbob, I get great coverage from EE. They do tend to be a little pricey but I got a good deal that beat all the other networks. Haven't really had to deal with their customer service, so I've been more fortunate than some of you. Our broadband is with BT too and never had a problem with them either!

Before i put in my 30 day notice (my contract ended on the 30th May anyway), they did offer me my same contract for £5 more a month. I was paying £35 a month, so i wasn't going for that. Even said to them why should i pay more for something i currently have, why can't you renew at the current price?. They couldn't give me an answer, so i left.

I did wonder. I moved to o2 myself. Found them really great so far. :)

Ditto, moved to o2. They've got good coverage, and i get auto-connected to their Wifi. Got my old EE deal on the o2 contract, which is good.