NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Poor Customer Service Experiences

Nope an engineer turned up yesterday, spent an hour playing with the lines outside and then told me exactly the same thing as the engineer did last week.

I told her what the issue was before she even started working but she obviously didn't believe me.

When do women ever listen :heh:

I'm currently in a similar situation to Flinky with Parcel Force *shudders*. Apparently the sender didn't put the flat number on the package but since there's only four flats in the building I can't help but feel they could've tried harder. Got another email today saying they re-attempted delivery at 2pm but they definitely didn't buzz up. Can't help but suspect they found they couldn't park easily and didn't even bother. Filled the online form to have it sent to a nearby post office nut no confirmation text or anything, it's just such a poor system all round.

Talk Talk? jesus you'd have a better service using carrier pigeon for your internet

You know I hear a lot of smack about Talk-Talk but we used them for years and my mum still uses them in her flat and we've literally never had a serious problem. Solid internet, solid customer service and all.

I've had a fuck of a week. It's been constant phone calls and emails back and forth. Monday was a huge cock up on their behalf and I received a phone call on Tuesday. They (the supplier) rang me, then rang XDP, then me again, then they emailed. All on Tuesday. The gist of it was that we either get a refund or they send it out again. I said we'd decide when they receive the product and we'll see when they can send it back to us (because they can't send it back to us until they've received it there first...just urgh)

I got a phone call on Wednesday morning asking me if we'd like to send it back here. I asked when we'd receive it and they said within 10 days. I made it clear that this wasn't good enough as we have work and the only possible day they can deliver it after next week is...Friday. Not even this Friday coming (after today, I mean) but Friday the next week, as Ine is in Belgium. They said ok, we'll see what we can do.

I got a phone call back within five minutes promising Saturday delivery before 1 AND free installation. It arrived today with no issues (they had NO trouble whatsoever finding the flat, probably because Ine basically gave them a diagram of where it was: peace:) and the cross trainer is excellent. The actual supplier person we've been in contact with this week (from Monday onwards) has been great and the people who brought it around earlier were lovely. So, I guess that's something. A happy ending to this...eventually. But, my God, what a headache leading up to that.

Great timing, I was looking for he bad stuff thread.

BT and BT OpenReach are an absolute joke. Here's a brief timeline of events:

- Mid March: Sign up for TV and Broadband Infinity

- April 1st: Broadband/TV installed and ready to go for me moving

- April 3rd: It doesn't work, phone support and arrange for them to come on Thursday 9th April

- April 7th: Engineer phones and asks if I'm in as he's in the area and can fix it now. He can't fix it due to my line going through the next door flat. Asked me to arrange an engineer visit for when neighbour is in. I book for Friday 10th.

- Friday 10th: Same engineer phones and asks if neighbour is in, she isn't, so he speaks to manager and gets approval for a Saturday visit between 8am and 3pm. Says someone (not him) will definitely be there.

- Saturday 11th: No one turns up. 45 minutes on the phone to customer services and they say they have no record of it. Eventually tell me someone will turn up before 6pm or by 11am on Sunday 12th.

- Sunday 12th: Guess what, no one turns up. Another 45 minutes on the phone and I book an appointment for Wednesday 15th even though my neighbour won't be in. Make an official complaint.

- Monday 13th: BT Fault tracking has no record of engineer appointment so I phone up. 20 minutes later I find out the case has been closed. Manage to get an appointment for Thursday 16th. Make another complaint. Phone the engineer directly and he is currently trying to find out what is going on. He couldn't believe it didn't get sorted over the weekend.

Total Time spent on phone: 1 hour 50 minutes and still no resolution with no end in sight unless the engineer comes through for me.

It's been an absolute farce. Constantly being lied to by their phone support, engineers not turning up. I can't even cancel because it would be the same farce with any provider as they need BT OpenReach to fix the line.

This may or may not be any help, but I've noticed a lot of people go onto the forums when this sort of thing happens.

After that it tends to get fixed pretty quickly.

Great timing, I was looking for he bad stuff thread.

BT and BT OpenReach are an absolute joke. Here's a brief timeline of events:

- Mid March: Sign up for TV and Broadband Infinity

- April 1st: Broadband/TV installed and ready to go for me moving

- April 3rd: It doesn't work, phone support and arrange for them to come on Thursday 9th April

- April 7th: Engineer phones and asks if I'm in as he's in the area and can fix it now. He can't fix it due to my line going through the next door flat. Asked me to arrange an engineer visit for when neighbour is in. I book for Friday 10th.

- Friday 10th: Same engineer phones and asks if neighbour is in, she isn't, so he speaks to manager and gets approval for a Saturday visit between 8am and 3pm. Says someone (not him) will definitely be there.

- Saturday 11th: No one turns up. 45 minutes on the phone to customer services and they say they have no record of it. Eventually tell me someone will turn up before 6pm or by 11am on Sunday 12th.

- Sunday 12th: Guess what, no one turns up. Another 45 minutes on the phone and I book an appointment for Wednesday 15th even though my neighbour won't be in. Make an official complaint.

- Monday 13th: BT Fault tracking has no record of engineer appointment so I phone up. 20 minutes later I find out the case has been closed. Manage to get an appointment for Thursday 16th. Make another complaint. Phone the engineer directly and he is currently trying to find out what is going on. He couldn't believe it didn't get sorted over the weekend.

Total Time spent on phone: 1 hour 50 minutes and still no resolution with no end in sight unless the engineer comes through for me.

It's been an absolute farce. Constantly being lied to by their phone support, engineers not turning up. I can't even cancel because it would be the same farce with any provider as they need BT OpenReach to fix the line.

In b4 'aolalolololol' but we used to have cable internet over NTL from AOL a bit back in the day and maaaaaaan did I have a headache with them.

Internet stopped working, I'd call tech support, and it was all indian people with fucking scripts. Every single time I called, they'd take me through a ton of unneccessary fucking ipconfig things and network adapter repairings and they WOULD NOT ACCEPT that I had done it all before, and eventually come to the conclusion there was a problem with my network adapter(despite using 3/4 different machines) because I kept getting assigned local IPs(this was Ethernet directly connected to the modem, on their suggestion) and it took me an age to get past them to anyone else and they were all fucking useless and I essentially had no internet for a week, racked up £25-30 in call charges, AND they took another month's subs fees(£20-30 at the time) and basically was lost in life. Like when I had no internet I actually didn't know what to do with myself. Pretty sure I became an alcoholic, spent every single day going out and usually ended up at the pub with my mates lol.

There was one point where I managed to get through to someone very clearly english, sensible, and knowing what they were talking about(was an engineer). I definitely knew more(not all that much really) about networking and tinternets than the indian script-readers. But yeah, the engineer was looking at it remotely from his end and was kinda confused as it seemed like it should be ok but wasn't. We had a callout or two of engineers but the problem never got fixed.

Essentially, in the end, they basically went 'We've got no fucking idea what's wrong, go get your internet elsewhere'. Obvs being cable and whatnot the only other option at the time was NTL/Virgin themselves, or getting shittier speeds broadband from BT/all the sub providers that ran over BT at the time where the speed just would not have been upto scratch of what we were used to. Sadly I wasn't smart enough to complain hard enough at the time to really push for re-imbursement(plus I had to keep pretending I was my dad so that they'd even talk to me) of the time/effort, the call costs, or the fact they took another fucking month's money for something they weren't providing us with.

But yeah. Worst customer support I ever had, especially given they couldn't fix or even identify the cause of the fucking problem by the end of it, the weeks I went without internet, and the audacity they had of charging for both calls(longed out by the bloody indians) and for extra month's subs.

/rantrantrantrant

Yet more problems on the BT front.

Spoke to my neighbour last night who told me that the line no longer runs through her flat and that the only way would be to run it around the whole building. BT came out today and said this isn't possible due to the height and fact they'd need permission from so many owners.

They did confirm that the line goes up to 19m away from my socket which would take it roughly to next door's window. Neighbour also told me that her landlord doesn't particularly want it running through. My only option now is that when BT come back on Saturday (for definite this time as I have OpenReach's area manager's number) my neighbour will let them in, they'll fix it and her landlord will be none the wiser.

If they can't fix it I can't get broadband through my landline and Virgin aren't in my building. Therefore, I'm fucked. I'll have to try and get out the lease by claiming that they stated there was a telephone line (the flat is still live on their website) and that I wasn't told that the BT socket in the living room doesn't have an active line going into it like one would assume it does.