NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Awesome Games Done Quick Jan 4th - 10th

hmRnRza.png

Dont know how many here are actually interested in speed running but the biannual Games Done Quick charity event is starting later today and running through next week. I've watched it for a few years now and some of the runs are just crazy, either using glitches or running 100%.

If anyone is interested you can view the stream here:

gamesdonequick.com

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

And the schedule (which is automatically corrected to your timezone) is here:

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Lots of games I'm planning on watching this year, glad I have the week off work.

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels by GameJ06 - AGDQ 2015

Insane.

Watched a few bits and pieces. Banjo Kazooie was really good, especially with Grant Kirkhope on the phone chatting about the game, really cool guy.

Also great to see so many F-Zero games represented. Yazzo vs Edward406 on the original was really interesting to watch, and WMJ is insanely good at F-Zero X.

Yeah, I was just casually checking the site out, Shovel Knight was up, which was right after this one, so I just missed it. But I heard from the comments that it was insane. Seeing it now, it was insane ;). Shovel Knight was cool too. Some of the developpers were there, and it was fun to hear their comments and reactions to the speedrun. The guy playing managed to actually impress them ;). I'm interested to see Kaizo Mario world, I'll check if that's on Youtube.

Yeah, I was just casually checking the site out, Shovel Knight was up, which was right after this one, so I just missed it. But I heard from the comments that it was insane. Seeing it now, it was insane ;). Shovel Knight was cool too. Some of the developpers were there, and it was fun to hear their comments and reactions to the speedrun. The guy playing managed to actually impress them ;). I'm interested to see Kaizo Mario world, I'll check if that's on Youtube.

Everything gets uploaded to this Youtube account:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWDU-iokgQTudah5-4kAIQ

I just noticed that Animal Crossing has been added to the schedule to be played at 9.38pm. I think I might have to check that out lol

Some of these videos are so...God is there even a word to describe them? That Tetris speed run was nuts and truly impressive. :bowdown:

How do you even speed run Animal Crossing!?

Because of the type of game it is, its one of those games where the speedrunning community has had to decide what they consider the end to be so for this run it was finished when they had paid off all the loans to Tom Nook. Apparently they do want to do a 100% run though which would be paying off Tom Nook and collecting the 900+ items in the game.

Wow the event was terrific and raised over $1m for charity. Some of those runs were incredible & I enjoyed seeing some of the game designers get involved as well, whether through commentary or fielding questions about their game. The commentaries are good as well, explaining tips on the games or how certain tricks work, even if the quality of the commentators can be a bit hit or miss at times. Some of those runs are definitely worth a recap via YouTube.

Got a few friends round this evening, might bust out a few of these on the chromecast if peeps are interested. Was literally every speed run video'd and uploaded to the account you mentioned @Happenstance? Can't check it out properly at work.

Got a few friends round this evening, might bust out a few of these on the chromecast if peeps are interested. Was literally every speed run video'd and uploaded to the account you mentioned @Happenstance? Can't check it out properly at work.

I think the majority of the runs should be on that Youtube account now but last I checked they were still uploading some. Unfortunately it looks like the blindfolded Ocarina of Time run hasnt been added yet.

Edited by Happenstance

Sign in to follow this