NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

Super Smash Bros Code for Sale/ HELP

Fr some reason game have fucked up big time and giving me a download code for smash rather than a physical copy. Can I get a refund/ anyone want it if not

Fr some reason game have fucked up big time and giving me a download code for smash rather than a physical copy. Can I get a refund/ anyone want it if not

I would like to take it off your hands... Not sure if a refund is possible. :/

Hang on. If it's games fault, of course you'll get a refund.

I doubt it. There's no way to guarantee that the code hasn't been used.

I mean, I don't know for sure of course, but I'd be very surprised if they did refunds of download codes because it would be so easy to abuse...

I doubt it. There's no way to guarantee that the code hasn't been used.

Tough shit. It's their fault. They've given you a product you havent bought. Trust me, you'll 100% get a refund.

I went the other way once, the buy/download buttons are so close to each other I think it's too easy to misclick. at least that is what I presume happened, unless you have an email/other documentation to confirm that they offered you the physical copy (ie it specified in no uncertain terms that it was the physical copy you had purchased).

If they offered you the physical version and you have proof contact them asap and hopefully they'll be able to offer you a physical copy - If you are lucky maybe even along the lines of what Nintendo did with MK8, leaving you with both a physical and digital copy. Although being game I very much doubt that out come!

My physical copy arrives today, so I would be happy to do a straight swap, although getting my physical copy to you would be the main issue there- assuming ofc that GAME don't sort it out for you

If you did order the physical version, contact them and they'll have to refund it or send it out.

Fr some reason game have fucked up big time and

Found your reason ;)

/nohelpatall

Seconding that if it's their fault and you can prove it, then you're legally sound - they did not provide the product you ordered. I imagine you'll keep the code too, unless they have some sort of legal disclaimer form you sign to say you haven't/won't use the code so they can then chase you if you do.

I assume it was a purchase through their website? What did your order confirmation say?

If your confirmation says you've paid for a physical copy then GAME have not supplied you as per your contract with them. If it says a digital copy, it'll be really difficult to rectify.

What exactly has happened?

I assume it was a purchase through their website? What did your order confirmation say?

If your confirmation says you've paid for a physical copy then GAME have not supplied you as per your contract with them. If it says a digital copy, it'll be really difficult to rectify.

What exactly has happened?

Ordered a physical copy and got confirmation of Download and Code. Do I have buyers right still on that Download if I can't prove it? Stuck with a Forty quid waste here

@stuwii can you prove to me you didn't accidentally buy the digital version?

Nope, and neither to GAME it would seem. Very bad situation...Cheapest hard drive searching may have to begin. So silly I can't just get GAME to refund me then deactivate that code

Unless you're able to provide proof you requested a physical product, you're really going to struggle to get a refund/physical replacement. I suspect unless you're able to provide proof, they'll argue its your error.

Once they send the digital download code thats it, no refund, no exchanges.

It might be worth contacting Nintendo Customer Services; they might be able to check if the code is used. Might.

Nope, and neither to GAME it would seem. Very bad situation...Cheapest hard drive searching may have to begin. So silly I can't just get GAME to refund me then deactivate that code

Sadly, as said, you'll have to just lump this one. If you can't prove it to us, you can't prove it to them, you can't prove it to any regulatory authorities. Super sucks bro, but is as it is.

...Any chance anyone wants it then? Know a decent cheap hard drive?

...The way it's looking Hard Drive may be a better bet. 17.2 GB FOR ONE GAME?

If you decide to go for the HDD route:

£30 500Gb - £60 per TB

£40 1Tb -

£70 2Tb - £35 per Tb

£80 3Tb - £26.66 per Tb

Ball park range for a few HDD sizes. I have a 500 Gb HDD I think.

Sign in to follow this