NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

Would you mark this down as your GOTY so far, @RedShell?
For sure.

It's weird though, I mean the gameplay is essentially this: :heh:

XPGCcty.jpg

And it currently has quite a lot of connection issues/various bugs. But I just find it completely mesmerising and so damn addictive! :hehe:

Can't actually explain why either, it's as if it's appealing to me on a subconscious level. :D

The F2P version of the game is now available.
The game has also received a big update too.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/thetomorrowchildren/playersinfo/2016/10/update009.html

Lots of new stuff in pretty much every department, and some Halloween goodies. :hehe:

NmUrcja.jpg

Hopefully the gold trophy glitch has been fixed as well, will find out soon I guess.

It's going to be really interesting to see how F2P impacts the game. A lot of people are worried that there will be way too much anarchy now, but while it's inevitable that trolling will increase, I'm more concerned whether or not the servers will be able to handle an influx of new players. :hmm:

Anyway, hope to see some more N-E peeps in the void soon.

: peace:

*EDIT*

Yay! Trophy glitch was indeed fixed:

CvtxmleWIAApYT6.jpg:small

Game is running amazingly well too, perhaps even better than before! :o

Edited by RedShell

So, anyone else check out the game now that it's gone F2P?

I have to say, that while it is running better than ever (perfectly in fact, as I've not had a disconnection or even seen an error message since the latest patch) it is also ridiculously hard to restore towns at the moment! :shakehead

The devs have increased the difficulty for Halloween, but I think they've taken it a bit too far. Izverg attacks are super frequent and collecting enough food is pretty much impossible now too!

I imagine newcomers could be quite put-off by how brutal things currently are. :blank:

Hopefully they tone it down a bit soon.

The new islands are amazing though. :cool:

So much fun to explore.

It's really difficult now. Especially as the new players have no idea what to do and the food runs out so quickly.

I've been in my current town since it went F2P - we get the population up, I put up Tesla Towers and Cannons, I stop playing, and when I come back it's all gone!

It's really difficult now. Especially as the new players have no idea what to do and the food runs out so quickly.

I've been in my current town since it went F2P - we get the population up, I put up Tesla Towers and Cannons, I stop playing, and when I come back it's all gone!

Yeah, I kind of feel bad for the new players, I mean talk about getting thrown in at the deep end! :grin:

Have you tried using the new megaphone item? It's funny but also pretty useful.

In one of the towns I visited, nobody was building homes for the Matryoshka people, so I sent out a message that we needed more residences, and within a few moments there was a queue at the workbench and several houses had been constructed!

Of course it could just have been a coincidence, but I like to think that my motivational message helped matters. :laughing:

Still a great tool for sending messages to everyone else in town though, especially as it also enables communication with players of different languages. icon14.gif

Yeah, I kind of feel bad for the new players, I mean talk about getting thrown in at the deep end! :grin:

Have you tried using the new megaphone item? It's funny but also pretty useful.

In one of the towns I visited, nobody was building homes for the Matryoshka people, so I sent out a message that we needed more residences, and within a few moments there was a queue at the workbench and several houses had been constructed!

Of course it could just have been a coincidence, but I like to think that my motivational message helped matters. :laughing:

Still a great tool for sending messages to everyone else in town though, especially as it also enables communication with players of different languages. icon14.gif

I haven't tried it yet. Shall give it a go!

Stolen from Gaf :( 

We just couldn't reach enough players to try the game, even for free, so The Tomorrow Children servers will be shut down in November.

Thanks everyone for trying it out! There are still three months left so if you haven't tried it or only tried it during the beta or the early days of the launch, then dive in and enjoy the twilight of the Void.

Edited by somme

I think it's Japan only servers shutting down, that's what i read also.  Probably means it's not too long before other servers are shut down also.

It's a shame, i've not been on in a while.  I know it's one of them weird games that takes a little getting used to.  So i'll have to get back in and make the most of it, just in case other servers are shut down.

Yeah, absolutely incredible news! :yay::bouncy::) Never thought they would be able to get it back from Sony.

Now I just really hope they have a PC version planned.

That's something i wasn't expecting.  Current-gen version incoming (hopefully).

Phoenix edition, ey? Very apt. :D

Performance looks vastly improved over the original release.

But anyway, unless a PC version is also happening I probably won’t be heading back to the void.