NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

I got a code. Downloaded it and will be online tonight.

Literally not got a clue what this game is about. Didn't even know it was online.

I got a code. Downloaded it and will be online tonight.

Literally not got a clue what this game is about. Didn't even know it was online.

Neither did i from what i played last year at EGX. Probably explains why i didn't get too far.

From what I can gather, you can hook up with friends and build your own town/settlement. Beyond that, I haven't a clue what the game is about. :heh:

Could be cool if we build a N-E town. :D

From what I can gather, you can hook up with friends and build your own town/settlement. Beyond that, I haven't a clue what the game is about. :heh:

Could be cool if we build a N-E town. :D

I think that's the quickest I've ever got excited for a game. Sounds potentially amazing.

Edited by Daft
Words

It's essentially a surreal sandbox. :hehe: And while it is online, other players are not always visible to you, only when they perform certain actions.

Those that want to know more about the game before tonight's session should check out this vid:

I'm really looking forward to seeing TTC in an uncompressed form for the first time, it's such an incredible looking game. :awesome: Just hoping the gameplay clicks for me, as I'm already well and truly sold on the look, concept and vibe of the game. :love:

I've been looking forward to this game so much, based on all the videos I've watched of it. It looks like a fun social game where you've got to go from nothing to building up a town. Can't wait until the full game comes...

So just to be clear, it's live from 7pm tonight for 3 hours.

And we can all be in the same town together?

I'll be on at 7.

I've been looking forward to this game so much, based on all the videos I've watched of it. It looks like a fun social game where you've got to go from nothing to building up a town. Can't wait until the full game comes...

Isn't that Minecraft?

This game has buildings/structures you must construct that have civic functions, its own bus transporting you across the dangerous terrain and the need to rescue civilians to earn currency. You also encounter random people who you work together with to build the town. Certainly it has Minecraft elements to it but it looks and feels very different.

Sounds a lot like the PS4 equivilent of Minecraft, just different in a few ways. I'm a bit more excited about this than i am about No Mans Sky.

Really enjoyed last night's beta test. :)

It's a shame the servers went a bit wonky halfway through, as I was absolutely captivated by what I was seeing and hearing.

I am completely in love with the presentation of this game! :love:

Some pics I took:

OUepiT7.jpg

Dat lighting! :o

Seriously, TTC features the most impressive lighting I've ever seen in a video game! :o It's just astonishing how good it can look, but more importantly it really enhances the feel of the game. There were times when I was inside some of the island structures, surrounded by the glow of the lantern (in areas that would otherwise be pitch-black) digging away and exploring, yet the feeling of tranquility was just incredible. Don't think I've ever felt so relaxed while playing a game before! icon14.gif

There were moments in Journey that produced a similar effect, but what I experienced in TTC was something else entirely. Can definitely see this becoming my go-to chill out game.

Of course there's also some action to be enjoyed, if you go looking for it... or not, as this vid shows: :grin:

I did encounter a few issues last night though, one where I got stuck in the digging animation (and had to restart the software) and a few occasions where the screen would go black (that also happened when I tried to join @Hero\-of\-Time, what did you make of it? I'm going to assume it's not really you're cup of tea, but you never know. :hehe:

Hmm, i didn't experience any issues myself from playing. From what i played, i got a better understanding of how the game works and plays out. It's a shame they only offered access in 3 hour blocks, would have loved to continue playing.

@Hero\-of\-Time, what did you make of it? I'm going to assume it's not really you're cup of tea, but you never know. :hehe:

I'm a little mixed about it. The presentation is amazing. I enjoy the clean look of it all. I think it does an amazing job of feeling creepy, as well.

The gameplay is where it loses me a little. I didn't have a clue what was going on and it was hard to find out what to do and where to go, especially as you can't really follow people around and see what they are doing. Obviously this problem will go away once more time is spent learning the ropes. I also thought the bus times needed to be speeded up. I spent ages for one to show up and then you spend ages waiting for it to leave.

One thing I thought was amazing was the fact you have to lineup for stuff. This little detail really made you feel like you were part of some working community.

I'm still intrigued by the game. Depending on it's price, and when it launches, I still may pick it up.

@RedShell thanks for the pics/video/impressions : peace:
No problemo. :)

I also thought the bus times needed to be speeded up. I spent ages for one to show up and then you spend ages waiting for it to leave.
True. I think there are quite a few alternative ways to travel though. I came across a few player created bridges, and also managed to get hold of a jet pack at one point, so I could just leave materials at the drop point for the bus to collect, and then fly back to town! :awesome:

One thing I thought was amazing was the fact you have to lineup for stuff. This little detail really made you feel like you were part of some working community.
Yeah, adds a bit too much pressure for me on those slide puzzles though, I'm awful at those. :hehe: I kept paying to auto-complete them, so I wouldn't hold up the queue. :heh:

Anyway, glad to hear that you might be picking the game up. Hopefully we get info on the price/release date soon.

I didn't get a chance to play at all... strange to have such small windows. Thurs it was on before I got home, Friday I was out, Saturday I was asleep before it started :/

Semi gutted I missed this. Semi not gutted because I can go into it fresh. It looks exactly like my mind of game that I imagine will be even more fun if we can get a lot of us all playing at once with voice chat.

I didn't get a chance to play at all... strange to have such small windows. Thurs it was on before I got home, Friday I was out, Saturday I was asleep before it started :/

Semi gutted I missed this. Semi not gutted because I can go into it fresh. It looks exactly like my mind of game that I imagine will be even more fun if we can get a lot of us all playing at once with voice chat.
There's another chance to play this Sunday!: :)

[tweet]694733508523069441[/tweet]

Yet another beta test going on this weekend, this time open to everyone.

Really get the feeling that all is not well with the development of this game. :hmm::(

Will check it out again this week though, hopefully substantial additions and improvements have been made since the last test.

Shit man, I've been absolutely glued to this again. No progress will transfer to the main game either, so I really shouldn't play it so much. But it's just too addictive! :shakehead

Seems to run a bit more smoothly since the last test (no more endless subway journeys :heh:) but the bug where you can suddenly become frozen when trying to pick up an item still happens quite often. :hmm:

Anyway, I just hope E3 brings about a solid release date for this game, and that it's not too far off. Would be nice to get into the full game soon after this beta, while it's all still fresh in my mind.

You've must have spent a great amount of time on the game so far and you haven't spent a penny yet! :D

You've must have spent a great amount of time on the game so far and you haven't spent a penny yet! :D
Yeah, between the closed and open beta tests I have already spent more time with this than a lot of games I've bought! :heh: Really didn't want to spend so much time with it, but I just couldn't stop myself! :shakehead This is the game I purchased a PS4 for at the end of the day though.

Anyway, I figured out quite a lot of stuff this time around and am generally much more aware of how the game works, so that will definitely make getting into the final game smoother. :)

One very cool thing which I discovered by accident, is that you can make your character eat the various light plants/mushrooms, which then enables you to survive the darkness for about 5 minutes! Super handy for when you're inside a cave, as you don't need to use an additional item slot for a lamp, or worry about someone else nicking it! :grin:

Also, the downed Izverg always seem to have a supply of crystal in the head, and then a random treasure (items or Matryoshka dolls) in one of the legs. ;)

Checked the staff credits this time too as I wanted to find out who did the music, turns out it's the same guy that did The Unfinished Swan and Hohokum. :cool:

I really do love the music in this game.

:love: