NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Would You Buy Mobile Nintendo Games?

When I think of Nintendo doing mobile games I don't think of Mario etc. I think of Wii_ titles. Sports, Fit, Music etc. games like WarioWare, Nintendoland, Brain Training and Nintendogs + cats + giraffes or whatever.

I certainly think these type of games will catch on given the people buying and playing mobile games are the people that bought into the Wii and these types of games.

I think they should, it could be the "3rd Pillar" they said the DS was going to be. Then keep the dedicated console/handheld of next gen that will be super powered and have a Netflix style virtual console service, full online with party-chat, DVD/Blu-Ray compatability and 3rd Party support... right?

But why would a VITA/3DS owner want to play a mobile game when they could just play like, an actual game? I wouldn't want to play Jungle run on my VITA, I'd rather play Origins. And I've never known anyone to say the games controls start to crumble..I've completed the game (close to a 100%) and I've never known this to be an issue.

'There is nothing good that mobiles bring to gaming'. That's like saying the Wii didn't bring anything. They both bring accessibility, which is ridiculously important. In the lab I worked in whilst I did my dissertation, there were 10-12 other students who would turn on their phones and have a quick game of Temple Run or Angry Birds. There is nothing wrong in that. In fact, I actually think it's great that we're getting rid of the stereotype that gaming is about really long gameplay experiences in front of a TV. Most people simply want to play a game for 2-3 minutes, what's wrong in that? Do you really think they need to buy a console to fulfill that need?

I'm not saying the market is fantastic but to say there is nothing good about mobile games is very childish and quite dismissive of how most people play games. My mum purchased a DS with Brain Training years ago for £120. She now gets a better experience from her Samsung Galaxy S3 and it stops her having to 1)Buy a piece of hardware and 2)Carry that piece of hardware with her when she's at work 3)Spend £20 or so on a game.

Edit. Just to add..To those of you complaining that the delay 'ruins' games like Jungle Run, did you complain about the waggle delay in Wii Sports and Twilight Princess (Wii)? What about in Donkey Kong on the Wii? And if you answer is 'but the game design around Wii Sports is built around that lag' then bravo, you've dismissed your initial point.

You're right in saying that there's nothing wrong with accessibility and that these platforms can fulfil a need to cure boredom for those 2-3 mins when you've got nothing else to do and you have nothing else to occupy your time...

But this current form of mobile gaming is a far cry from the days of Snake. These games are colouring the perceptions of people's view of gaming as a whole in a completely different way... a way that tells them that games are completely worthless; and they're not moving onwards either - if anything, the perception is only becoming worse over time as F2P has taken over almost completely.

It's like if someone's first ever meal was McDonald's and they never moved on to try anything else... (And if they did try something else from a better place, it would be a half eaten and half rotten hand-me-down, with a broken knife and fork)

Current day smartphone platforms are where the concept of gaming is actively desecrated on and openly mocked while doing so. These app stores actively groom the success of these F2P garbage games over everything else, by the nature of how their discoverability works. High quality games are punished by low sales as the shit rises to the top (and everything else becomes invisible outside the top 25/50 chart, since nobody looks beyond it).

The only games that these app stores make accessible are pure garbage F2P crap, because finding games outside of the top 25/50 charts is almost impossible... Which neatly ties into Redshell's well made point...

Would I buy mobile Nintendo games? No, because you can't buy something that doesn't exist/probably never will. ;)

But IF they did (and that's a big if) then sure, I'd check 'em out.

I know a lot of gamers really dislike the mobile game scene, and I can totally see why as it's created this situation where people now expect titles to be free or incredibly cheap, and in the process pretty much destroyed the traditional handheld gaming market. :(

But not all mobile games are "free" throwaway pieces of crap, I've come across some fine examples of mobile games done right, stuff like the aforementioned Temple Run (well I've only played the sequel but I imagine they're more or less the same :hehe:), Jetpack Joyride, Smash Hit, dEXTRIS, Fruit Ninja, 8 Ball Pool, School Idol Festival, jukebeat, Bike Baron, Parashoot Stan Nice to see a fellow Parashoot Stan player :)... They're all good fun and all control perfectly using touch or tilt controls.

At the end of the day, if a game is well designed around the hardware that's all that counts. There are a shitload of mobile games out there that are absolutely terrible and try to mimic traditional controls using touch, but there are also those like the ones I mentioned above, which have been properly designed to work with simple controls.

I have no doubt that Nintendo could create excellent mobile titles (after all they're the best videogame developer in the world) but it just doesn't fit in with their ethos. Chances of Nintendo abandoning hardware development and doing a SEGA are simply microscopic. :heh:

So yeah, anyone that enjoys Nintendo's games and wants to continue playing them is just going to have to purchase their systems or go without.

... and that IS true. I'm not trying to say that all mobile games are garbage or that you CAN'T make a good game on smartphones, but I stick by my point that every single game ever released for a smartphone would be a better experience on a different platform (not does the lack of discoverability for the good games do them any justice either). These phones are absolutely Jack-of-All-Trades and no game is made better by virtue of being released on one. Even games that are specifically designed for them would be done better justice elsewhere and so are not congurant to quality game design. Good games on smartphones are made in spite of the platform that they are released on...

... and if you are championing for anyone (least of all Nintendo!) to put their games on mobile, then you are championing for them to make far lower quality games than they would overwise be able to make! And for anyone to demand Nintendo to stop making their best quality titles in favour of mobile games is just utterly sickening!

Edited by Dcubed

And for anyone to demand Nintendo to stop making their best quality titles in favour of mobile games is just utterly sickening!

Haven't read this thread in its entirety, so sorry if I'm wrong, but I assume that no one meant "stop making their best quality titles in favour of mobile games".

This is not an "either, or" scenario.

Pretty sure Nintendo is capable of handling both quality home console/3DS games and mobile games.

This thread makes me giddy with joy at the inevitability of Nintendo making a mini game for mobiles, giving the die hards a heart attack.

Wait, what am I saying? The moment Nintendo do it, it'll suddenly become an unquestionably good idea!

But seriously, who honestly wouldn't mind some Wario Ware on their phone?

Haven't read this thread in its entirety, so sorry if I'm wrong, but I assume that no one meant "stop making their best quality titles in favour of mobile games".

This is not an "either, or" scenario.

Pretty sure Nintendo is capable of handling both quality home console/3DS games and mobile games.

That comment wasn't aimed at anyone in this thread, but rather at those fuckwits in the media and Nintendo's idiot shareholders who wank over seeing it happen.

And in regards to resources... They're already stretched thin as it is... so... no, they probably wouldn't be without expanding substantially (which brings about a whole host of other problems - even when ignoring brand damage...)

They also can't justify the £30-35 price tag, a lot of people just don't want to pay that much for handheld content.

I think they can, actually. £30 - compared to other entertainment - represents great value; cinema £10 per two hours, same for DVD, £10 for CD lasting 60 minutes. £30 for a game which lasts 10 hours or more is great value. Smartphone gaming is disposable, throwaway content at best, disgusting wallet leaching at worst. I think people will see that in due course.

Nintendo just need to reinforce what you get for your £30; all main manufacturers do - use language like pay-per-play games, micro-gaming, disposable content and create a real division between smartphone gaming and video gaming.

I think they can, actually. £30 - compared to other entertainment - represents great value; cinema £10 per two hours, same for DVD, £10 for CD lasting 60 minutes. £30 for a game which lasts 10 hours or more is great value.

Yeah, but their main point of comparison is app gaming, which is considerably cheaper. Some apps actually have considerable depth, but still the cost is much lower. There are a lot of people used to app gaming, who probably don't care enough to check out £30-35 games.

I have never liked the cost of Nintendo's handheld titles; at around £35 or so they were basically the same cost as new PS3 titles.

... and if you are championing for anyone (least of all Nintendo!) to put their games on mobile, then you are championing for them to make far lower quality games than they would overwise be able to make! And for anyone to demand Nintendo to stop making their best quality titles in favour of mobile games is just utterly sickening!

This discussion has not, at any point, been about that. I'm not even sure why you brought it up.....

Good lord, read what people are saying! Nobody is suggesting Nintendo devote huge resources and key personel to this idea. They are suggesting putting a couple of people, or even outsourcing to an experienced mobile developer, small scale games and tie ins, for no purpose other than the enjoyment of those small games, building of brand or making money to reinvest elsewhere. Stop ignoring what people are saying just to dismiss the concept off hand.

Good games on smartphones are made in spite of the platform that they are released on.

This is just a sweeping generalisation that you could apply to anything if you really wanted to. Pokemon was a good game despite the limited graphical capabilities of the Game Boy? Or Pokemon was a good game because of the emergent handheld gaming market that Game Boy facilitated?

This discussion has not, at any point, been about that. I'm not even sure why you brought it up.....

It seems that the majority of the anti-mobile Nintendo posts seem to be having this misunderstanding. It's like any hope of logic went out the window the moment their brains see 'Nintendo' and 'mobile' in the same sentence.

And in regards to resources... They're already stretched thin as it is... so... no, they probably wouldn't be without expanding substantially (which brings about a whole host of other problems - even when ignoring brand damage...)

Brand damage? Ca'man. Can't be serious with that one...Nintendo have totally whored out our friend Mario to death. He has survived, he is immortal to this kind of shit. I mean, look at the games he's been in (bolded some particularly fine examples):

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Donkey Kong II

Mario's Cement Factory

Mario's Bombs Away

Mario Bros.

Mario Bros. Special

Punch Ball Mario Bros.

Donkey Kong Circus

Donkey Kong Hockey

Tennis

Vs. Tennis

Pinball

Vs. Pinball

Golf

Vs. Golf

Wrecking Crew

Vs. Wrecking Crew

Super Mario Bros.

Vs. Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Special

Super Mario Bros. 2

I am a Teacher: Super Mario Sweater

All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.

Famicom Grand Prix: F-1 Race

Mario Bros. II

Punch-Out!!

Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally

Super Mario Bros. 3

Kaettekita Mario Bros.

Tetris

Alleyway

Baseball

Super Mario Land

Qix

Dr. Mario

Vs. Dr. Mario

F-1 Race

Super Mario World

Super Mario Brothers 3

NES Open Tournament Golf

Super Mario Brothers 4

Mario Teaches Typing

Super Mario Bros. & Friends: When I Grow Up

Mario the Juggler

Yoshi

Mario is Missing!

Super Mario Kart

Super Scope 6

Mario Paint

Yoshi's Cookie

Super Mario Race

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Mario's Time Machine

Mario & Wario

Super Mario All-Stars

Mario's Early Years! Fun with Letters

Mario's Early Years: Fun with Numbers

Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun

Yoshi's Safari

Tetris & Dr. Mario

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Mario's Playschool

Hotel Mario

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Mario's Game Gallery

Undake 30 Same Game

Mario Excite Bike

BS Super Mario USA Power Challenge

Mario's Picross

Mario's Super Picross

Mario's Tennis

Mario Clash

Mario Teaches Typing 2

Super Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

BS Mario Paint: Yuu Shou Naizou Ban

Dr. Mario BS Version

Game & Watch Gallery

Game & Watch Gallery 2

Yoshi's Story

Mario no Photopi

Wrecking Crew '98

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Mario Golf

Mario Party

Mario Party 2

Super Smash Bros.

Game & Watch Gallery 3

Mario Golf

Mario Artist: Paint Studio

Donkey Kong 64

Mario Artist: Talent Studio

Mario Artist: Communication Kit

Mario Artist: Polygon Studio

Mario Tennis

Paper Mario

Mario Party 3

Animal Crossing

Dr. Mario 64

Luigi's Mansion

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Mario Tennis

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Super Mario Advance

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Party 4

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Game & Watch Gallery 4

Mario Party 5

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Nintendo Puzzle Collection

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.

Classic NES Series: Dr. Mario

Mario Party 6

Mario Power Tennis*(GameCube)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Mario Pinball Land

Super Mario 64 DS

Yakuman DS

NBA Street V3

Mario Superstar Baseball

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix

SSX on Tour

Mario Kart DS

Mario Party 7

Super Mario Strikers

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Yoshi Touch & Go

Mario Party Advance

Mario Tennis: Power Tour

Dr. Mario & Puzzle League

Yoshi Topsy Turvy

Mario Kart Arcade GP

Super Princess Peach

New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Hoops 3-on-3

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Yoshi's Island DS

Tetris DS

Super Paper Mario

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Party DS

Itadaki Street DS

Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Dr. Mario Express

Dr. Mario Online Rx

Mario Kart Wii

Game & Watch Collection

Mario Super Sluggers

Mario Power Tennis*(New Play Control!*series)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game & Watch Collection 2

Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!

Mario Sports Mix

Super Mario 3D Land

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

Mario Kart 7

Fortune Street

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

Mario Party 9

Mario Tennis Open

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

New Super Mario Bros. U

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move

Super Mario 3D World

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

Mario Party: Island Tour

Dr. Luigi

NES Remix

NES Remix 2

Mario Golf: World Tour

Mario Kart 8

Yoshi's New Island

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Mario Maker

Mario Party 10

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

As for the lack of ability...they outsourced some of the Wind Waker HD production. They can do it...if they want to.

This is just a sweeping generalisation that you could apply to anything if you really wanted to. Pokemon was a good game despite the limited graphical capabilities of the Game Boy? Or Pokemon was a good game because of the emergent handheld gaming market that Game Boy facilitated?

It's also nonsense. A game like Doodlejump wouldn't work as well on a handheld as it works better with something easy to hold and tilt in one hand. Likewise, a game like angry birds needs no button input at all, so again benefits from the form factor and the fact it's streamlined (no additional buttons/features that aren't needed).

Nintendo loyalists have trouble challenging legitimate arguments, whereas straw men are always easy to knock down? :p

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Pokemon was made for the Gameboy because it was the best platform for the game and the only one that could do the concept justice with the link cable and the social aspect that comes with portability (which coincidentally is the reason why the mainline series has not and will never come to consoles). It was not a matter of choosing the platform for business reasons, but rather that it was the best fit for the game.

Good lord, read what people are saying! Nobody is suggesting Nintendo devote huge resources and key personel to this idea. They are suggesting putting a couple of people, or even outsourcing to an experienced mobile developer, small scale games and tie ins, for no purpose other than the enjoyment of those small games, building of brand or making money to reinvest elsewhere. Stop ignoring what people are saying just to dismiss the concept off hand.

Resources are resources and they're currently in short supply at Nintendo...

Outsourcing their IP to an "experienced" mobile developer sidesteps this point somewhat (though they'd still have to have support and supervisory staff on board, to keep an eye one the chosen developer) but...

Brand damage? Ca'man. Can't be serious with that one...Nintendo have totally whored out our friend Mario to death. He has survived, he is immortal to this kind of shit. I mean, look at the games he's been in (bolded some particularly fine examples)

... brand damage comes into play, not necessarily from a lack of quality (as Sheikah seems to assume I'm hinting at), but rather the fact that it devalues their own dedicated platforms. Suddenly, it's possible to get your "fix" of Nintendo gaming somewhere other than on Wii U or 3DS! Now you'll have people holding out on getting one, thinking that they'll go full 3rd party and eventually port their games to mobile (or other consoles even). It also compromises their raison d'etre of combined software/hardware development, likely making for a game that would not live up to the quality expected from a Nintendo title...

It's also nonsense. A game like Doodlejump wouldn't work as well on a handheld as it works better with something easy to hold and tilt in one hand. Likewise, a game like angry birds needs no button input at all, so again benefits from the form factor and the fact it's streamlined (no additional buttons/features that aren't needed).

Both games are on 3DS and play better for it...

Nintendo loyalists have trouble challenging legitimate arguments, whereas straw men are always easy to knock down? :p

Pretty ironic, considering that you're the one latching onto a strawman here (a comment that wasn't even aimed at anyone here, nor directly related to Goron's original argument) and using it as a convinient get-out to ignore my rebuttal in that previous post...

Edited by Dcubed

... brand damage comes into play, not necessarily from a lack of quality (as Sheikah seems to assume I'm hinting at), but rather the fact that it devalues their own dedicated platforms. Suddenly, it's possible to get your "fix" of Nintendo gaming somewhere other than on Wii U or 3DS! Now you'll have people holding out on getting one, thinking that they'll go full 3rd party and eventually port their games to mobile (or other consoles even). It also compromises their raison d'etre of combined software/hardware development, likely making for a game that would not live up to the quality expected from a Nintendo title...

Baloney. They could so very easily make a game different enough but using Mario (as I showed they have done a thousand times already, even with games on PC) while preserving their other games.

That comment wasn't aimed at anyone in this thread, but rather at those fuckwits in the media and Nintendo's idiot shareholders who wank over seeing it happen.

Ah, I see. Misread your post. My apologies.

Both games are on 3DS and play better for it...

The only thing anyone can really say to this is that you are so wrong, so very, very wrong. :p

Doodlejump better on 3DS? Puh-lease.

The only thing anyone can really say to this is that you are so wrong, so very, very wrong. :p

Doodlejump better on 3DS? Puh-lease.

Sure, because having a wider field of view and finer granulation of control (by virtue of having two wrists to balance your character with) make for worse gameplay... sure...

Angry Birds controls more accurately with a stylus too... :p

Sure, because having a wider field of view and finer granulation of control (by virtue of having two wrists to balance your character with) make for worse gameplay... sure...

Angry Birds controls more accurately with a stylus too... :p

Come on, this sounds so much like someone who is just guessing at quality to yet again defend Nintendo. I don't have the 3DS version, but from the paper thin arguments you're making I'm guessing you don't either. Can't you just admit you were wrong - that some games can be made to work better as an app than a handheld game? That statement is so matter-of-fact and easy to knock down, and the Doodle Jump example works best to prove it.

While I don't own the 3DS version, absolutely everything you could possibly learn about it tells me it is inferior to the app version. The app version is a critically acclaimed success, whereas the 3DS version, as far as I have been able to find out, is a pretty average (I could only see a 60% score from Nintendo Life) estimation of the original. Because of the devices they're on, the Doodle Jump app versions run at a nice and crisp resolution and benefits from other things like fall off markers for your friends and the ability to challenge their scores. They're also updated with new gameplay modes like the Ninja setting, which, if new updates like that come out again, then the 3DS version won't get them. The 3DS version also apparently lacks online leaderboards, and the screen split halfway on the 3DS version just looks stupid.

And your argument about depth of field - you know this is also available as a tablet version (tall devices you hold with two hands), right? And you can even hold a phone with two hands if you want, so that nulls whatever perceived advantage you think the handheld version has. The simplicity and form factor of tablets makes them very easy to manipulate the device with your hand(s) to move the character on screen.

The worst part? Doodle Jump costs over £13 on 3DS, whereas I picked it up way back in app form for 69p.

As for angry birds, the simplicity of using your fingers by far wins out over a stylus. Accuracy is good whatever you use, because you only release your finger when the bird is angled how you want it to be.

Edited by Sheikah

Come on, this sounds so much like someone who is just guessing at quality to yet again defend Nintendo. I don't have the 3DS version, but from the paper thin arguments you're making I'm guessing you don't either

...Seriously? It is quite hypocritical, slamming someone's comments over something you also admit to being guilty of.

I know you think he's saying it to stand by his position and alienate you, but there's the very likely possibility that it is, in fact, what he thinks. Quality is subjective, including which device is better to play a game.

...Seriously? It is quite hypocritical, slamming someone's comments over something you also admit to being guilty of.

No, it isn't. I was prepared for that response, which is why I very clearly stated outright that I have not actually played the 3DS version, but it seems apparent based on his comments that he hadn't played both either. What I did instead was actually researched the game and found that in every area it was worse than, say, the iPad version. Screen real estate, resolution, critical reception, online leaderboards, updates, price. In every area I could find, it was worse. He gave his opinion of why he thought the 3DS version was better, but those reasons (such as screen size and holding with 2 hands) actually turn out to be better on iPad (and you can 2 hand a phone if you want). This tells me that his opinion was either based on a very brief glance of the facts in order to make his point, or that he has experience with only one of the versions while making comments as if he knew both inside out.

I realise that it may seem like an attack, but every so often you see someone make a comment that seems so far removed from reality, and for me this definitely seemed like one. Absolutely, people are entitled to their own opinions about things, but sometimes about these parts when people are challenged about why they think a certain way, their reasoning is shaky and sometimes even false. Just the other day, Serebii tried to dismiss my enthusiastic comments about the upcoming Destiny, claiming his opinions came from having somehow played the games despite not owning the console. I affixed my metaphorical Ace Attorney badge and pressed him, asking what his online handle was that he used to take part in the beta, in order to have experienced the gameplay to be making the kind of comments he had been. Cue him then saying he hadn't actually played it yet, and that conversation quickly died. Like, dead in the water. It was great.

I am a great lover of handheld titles, yet to blanket claim that every title that's good on mobile is good in spite of it being on mobile (and that they would all be improved on handhelds) is just plain silly. For games that don't need buttons, and games that are tailored to work well on tablets and phones, it's crazy to say that they would all work better on a handheld.

Seeing as you've got the time to comment, what say you to that? Care to weigh in on those generalisations?

Edited by Sheikah

Woah... someone's defensive...

I HAVE played both actually... What a shocker! (and if you must know, no it's not my 3DS copy - no way would I pay for that garbage...)

And an iPad is hardly the most comfortable thing to hold (least of all play a tilting game on) for extended periods of time because they're heavy and don't have their weight distributed in a way that is conductive to playing a game... I would know, I own one.

But then again, they're not designed to be ergonomic for long gameplay sessions - they're Jack-of-All-Trades devices for a reason.

Edited by Dcubed

Always got another excuse stored that you never mentioned before. :p I don't buy that you've played it at all, like Serebii you seem willing to say whatever to defend Nintendo. It seems like the kind of game that hardly anyone has ever played or bought (2 lone reviews on Amazon), which mostly would be due to the horrendous markup over the app version and that nearly anyone could get it for peanuts on their phone.

Either way, there's the iPad mini and 7 inch tablets (the latter of which weigh little more than a 3DS XL). Speaking of ergonomic design, the 3DS's almost square like corners make the thing very uncomfortable for use over extended periods of time. I remember playing Monster Hunter on my XL for a good amount of time and the bottom left and bottom right corners really dig into your palms.

Still, are you really still insisting that every game (even those you have not thought of) can work better on a 3DS than a tablet or phone?

How about fruit ninja? I don't want to hear how it's better with a stylus because there's no way in hell using a stylus on just one of the screens, on a much smaller and low res space is! Even playing fruit ninja on a phone is crappy, because the screen is too small. It really shines on a large tablet screen which you can rest flat on your lap as you play.

Edited by Sheikah

Of course it would be. The controls would be more accurate and your finger wouldn't be blocking the screen!

That one is just obvious. If that's the best you've got, you may as well stop now cause I'm not really in the mood to go on forever down this line of conversation...

At this point, I get the feeling that you're just looking for any excuse for a fight now (I don't appreciate insults and personal attacks, please. I'm not a liar and have no reason to do so) so I'll just bow out here...

Edited by Dcubed

Of course it would be. The controls would be more accurate and your finger wouldn't be blocking the screen!

That one is just obvious. If that's the best you've got, you may as well stop now cause I'm not really in the mood to go on forever down this line of conversation...

The unquestionable level of defence for Nintendo products here is pretty startling (and really a bit sad). I'm honestly amazed at how you think everything would be enhanced on the crappy small low res screens of the 3DS in which only one of the screens is touch sensitive.

If you had played Fruit Ninja on both tablet and phone, you would know how much better it is on a larger screen. Playing on such a small touch screen would be horrendous.

Not only that - in order to get more than one line of fruits at once, multi-touch on phones/tablets is needed to swipe multiple fruit simultaneously (e.g. during a frenzy). 3DS does not support this! It would be crap for playing the game.

I'd also like to point out:

At this point, I get the feeling that you're just looking for any excuse for a fight now (I don't appreciate insults and personal attacks, please. I'm not a liar and have no reason to do so) so I'll just bow out here...

If you make such a wopping generalisation then be prepared to be challenged. Big time. In this case, you outright claimed that every single game would run better on handheld than on mobile platforms, so this is the reaction you get.

There is nothing personal here - all discussion is based solely on the arguments you've raised and the information you've put in front of me.

Edited by Sheikah

At the risk of continuing an argument, I'm gonna share this article because I thought it was funny and fairly on topic :p

http://mashable.com/2014/08/04/pokemon-free-to-play/

pokegif1.jpg

I'm confident that if Nintendo were to make a mobile game they wouldn't go down this route, but the Freemium model really does need to die a death asap doesn't it.

pokegif1.jpg

Nintendo would make so much money :laughing: :p

Thank God, this will never happen (rightly so).

Sign in to follow this