NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General E3 Reactions/Highlights

The buttons though...not at all natural for the thumb! I agree that the higher position is generally more comfortable to keep your thumb at but buttons just don't work anywhere else as well. It's why neither Microsoft or Sony have ever wedged the second stick up there.

Buttons don't need the fidelity of an analogue stick though which is why I think the raised position is much better. My only gripe with the Pro Controller buttons is that the Y button is spaced slightly too far from the analogue stick.

The buttons could be slightly smaller and closer to gather like they are on the Gamepad. That grouping and positioning on the Gamepad is perfect!

If they translated that to the Pro Controller, gave it analogue triggers, a headset slot and generally upped the build quality (I don't see any issue with that in honesty) then it would be perfect!

I don't have a problem with the buttons feeling too hard but then again I haven't used it for MK8 where you are almost always holding down a button.

I actually find the Wii U Pro controller to be pretty shabby, with such hard buttons (thumb hurt after extended MK8 play)
I don't have a problem with the buttons feeling too hard but then again I haven't used it for MK8 where you are almost always holding down a button.
You can actually tilt up on the right analog stick to accelerate in MK8 instead of a using button, that's how I play and it's super comfy. :)

You can actually tilt up on the right analog stick to accelerate in MK8 instead of a using button, that's how I play and it's super comfy. :)

Never knew that!

Which games are you interested in?

Nothing in particular at the moment.

I just want a console for the third party games, which the Wii U won't get.

Was hoping I wouldn't have to get another console this gen but nevermind.

I hate the pro controller. Having the position of the buttons and analogue stick switched around just feels wrong.

I love the pro controller, so comfortable. Tried playing MK with the gamepad last night, urgghh so bad.

Have to use this gif again

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

That's quite useful to know. Not sure how I'll take to it since I quite like the non-analogue nature of a button to accelerate and not sure I'll be playing for such extended periods anymore to need it. :p

@kav82 fair enough, I've always felt that individual buttons needed more effort to press properly than move the stick but each to their own.

That's quite useful to know. Not sure how I'll take to it since I quite like the non-analogue nature of a button to accelerate and not sure I'll be playing for such extended periods anymore to need it. :p
It still behaves like a digital input, you can't adjust your speed with less pressure on the analog stick or anything like that. I only use it for the sake of comfort. :hehe: