NEurope
Cube

Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Hopefully they've finally implemented "Friend Battles". Sucks that they never put it in the game first time around, kind of an obvious thing really.

Version 2 is live

-3 additional submarines as players level up in Premium version

-10 additional submarines on the shop

-'Arctic Cricle' multiplayer stage added

-Free version players must pay 2 Play Coins to play Internet Mode

-Additional changes

If you buy/own the Premium Version of #SteelDiver: Sub Wars before 19/6 you get the Blue-Marine for free!

BpMg4RJIcAECm31.jpg:large

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK · 2m

The Blue-Marine will become available to buy separately on #SteelDiver: Sub Wars after 19/6. It'll be €0,99

BpMlemHIgAAwRPO.jpg:large

Edited by Serebii

It's great they're updating this so much, and it is good. But STILL no friends online play is just so ridiculous... Nintendo are almost a parody of themseleves sometimes!

That requirement to pay two play coins to play online each time is pretty clever. It encourages people to buy the premium version, but it's not too intrusive and feels like a natural extension of the 3DS' functionality.

Anywho, I think the release of ver 2.0 is a perfect hallmark for me to finally get stuck into this game, now that I can finally break my duck on Wii U and 3DS games :)

That requirement to pay two play coins to play online each time is pretty clever. It encourages people to buy the premium version, but it's not too intrusive and feels like a natural extension of the 3DS' functionality.

Anywho, I think the release of ver 2.0 is a perfect hallmark for me to finally get stuck into this game, now that I can finally break my duck on Wii U and 3DS games :)

The Starfox sub is what's luring me in :p

It's great they're updating this so much, and it is good. But STILL no friends online play is just so ridiculous... Nintendo are almost a parody of themseleves sometimes!

Nah, more like top of the agenda at all Nintendo meetings:

1). Pi$$ off Dazzybee

:heh:

Nah, more like top of the agenda at all Nintendo meetings:

1). Pi$$ off Dazzybee

:heh:

So at least they excel at something :)

It would be if they'd remove the daily 10 coin limit. I easily wank enough to earn 100+ coins per day but Nintendo set another arbitrary limit. Rejig the whole thing, 1 coin per 500 steps but have no limit on coins.

Is there any worth in getting the original Steel Diver? It seems to be going for peanuts these days but I've never tried it. I was going to resurrect the thread about the actual game but it doesn't appear to have been particularly active, even when the game came out :indeed:

Is there any worth in getting the original Steel Diver? It seems to be going for peanuts these days but I've never tried it. I was going to resurrect the thread about the actual game but it doesn't appear to have been particularly active, even when the game came out :indeed:

It's very short and very basic. It felt more like a demo or digital game rather than a retail release. I wouldn't bother with it. Then again, your gaming tastes are all over the place so you may enjoy it. :D

It's very short and very basic. It felt more like a demo or digital game rather than a retail release. I wouldn't bother with it. Then again, your gaming tastes are all over the place so you may enjoy it. :D

I'm currently trying not to add any mediocrity to my collection any more so I already know that I shouldn't be interested.. yet I've always been intrigued to try it :heh: Maybe that's because part of me wants to recapture those early days of the 3DS when Pilotwings Resort was lighting up my life :heh:

I should have learnt my lesson when I got Kororinpa recently when I know that I already have plenty of superior games already that I either haven't played or fully explored..

I must stay strong : peace:

Version 3 coming in August

Hello, I’m Takaya Imamura, the Director of Steel Diver: Sub Wars. Thank you so much for playing. We’re planning to release Version 3.0 in the future, and I’d like to take a moment to update you on what we’re working on.

In Version 3.0, you can set up Internet Battles with your Friends. This means as long as you have wireless internet access, you’ll be able to battle online with Friends you have registered on your Nintendo 3DS system, any time you want. However, keep in mind that this is limited to Friends who own the Premium Version of the game.

In addition, we’ll add two new stages exclusively for Local Wireless Battle to make this mode even more fun. You will be able to select these stages while playing Internet Battle with your Friends, too. We’re also working on adding subs that you can unlock by playing via local wireless a certain number of times. The number of times you’ve played on local wireless in Version 2.0 will be carried over to Version 3.0, so if you have already met the required number of Local Wireless Battles, you may be able to unlock them right after you update. Once again, please be aware that these subs will be available only for owners of the Premium Version.

We're also planning to add eight new crew members, with various abilities such as launching mines while using the masker, and healing your allies.

We've also made some other small tweaks. Your allies will no longer take any damage if you accidentally attack them in battle, and you can use the +Control Pad to enter messages in Morse code.

The in-game shop that was previously limited to Premium Version owners will now be accessible to players using the Free Version too. In addition, we'll be reducing the number of play coins required to play Internet Battle using the Free Version from two coins to one.

We're currently working hard on Version 3.0 and aiming to release it sometime in August. Thank you for your continued support of Steel Diver: Sub Wars!

Friend battles! Finally!

I hope they offer a friendly fire toggle for local/online friends play. Would be a shame to see it gone for good...

Finally! Should've been there from the start... Tempted to buy the premium version now it's on sale... Anyone else getting it, or got it?

Finally! Should've been there from the start... Tempted to buy the premium version now it's on sale... Anyone else getting it, or got it?

I have it :) The single player missions are good fun!

I have it :) The single player missions are good fun!

We'll have to have a game in the summer. I've already convinced myself to buy this!

Version 3 is out

Battle online with players on your Nintendo 3DS Friend List (Premium version only).

Unlock three additional subs by playing a certain number of Local Play battles. (These submarines can be unlocked in both versions, but can only be used in the Premium version.)

Two new arenas were added especially for Local Play battles: “Underwater Rings” and “Underwater Plant” (These can also be used in Friend Battles in Internet Mode).

Owners of the Free version can access the submarine shop and purchase extra subs.

The number of Play Coins required to play Internet Mode in the Free version has been reduced from two coins to one coin.

Subs will not take damage from allied attacks.

Send preset messages in Morse-Code Chat using the direction pad (Up: “THANK YOU”, Right: “GOOD”, Down: “STOP”, Left: “SORRY”)

Score three times as many points for long-range hits.

Torpedoes will travel at 1.25 normal speed if fired while the sub is moving forward.

Eight new crew members were added. (These crew can only be used in the Premium version.)

Improved stats of the Clairvoyant and the Mechanic.

Some submarine stats have been fine-tuned.

Other adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more fun gaming experience.