N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 30: The End of History, The Era of One Champion

Haden

I believe it's random but I will try to find out :)

I'm pretty sure that any team named bob is automatically through no matter what though

I've just taken a look through the forums (good job on posting) and some people think its random and others think that it's most points vs least points etc.

Will be interested to see what people come back with.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadens Legends’s chairman arranged a night out with some of the league's other chairmen and they played poker. Your chairman had borrowed some econ from the club's funds as the stakes were high. After a few hours, the air was thick with smoke and it was time to turn over the final cards. Your chairman was shocked when he saw had the winning hand and had won 1 245 000 econ for your club!

My chairman is obviously the James Bond of chairmen.

Hadens Legends’s chairman arranged a night out with some of the league's other chairmen and they played poker. Your chairman had borrowed some econ from the club's funds as the stakes were high. After a few hours, the air was thick with smoke and it was time to turn over the final cards. Your chairman was shocked when he saw had the winning hand and had won 1 245 000 econ for your club!

My chairman is obviously the James Bond of chairmen.

I'm picturing Vinny Mac with the APA! :laughing:

Close game today, came out with the win and a minor defensive crisis lol. Nice write up dan also well done holding eights to a draw!

Can't believe you keep sneaking by with wins by one goal! Devastated to be 7 points adrift when I've got the lads playing to ratings like these

xm4gu1.png

Desperately want some clarification on effects of placing on knockouts - if it's all totally random I'll be letting the young lions in the pride go out and get some experience on the field while they can - if not I'll be snapping at Eights and Haden's heels...

Also someone said it's straight knockouts on neutral ground - thought we were doing two legs in the knockouts a la champions league in lived reality?

Edited by dan-likes-trees

The gentleman way is to ask before posting. Those are my tactics you know ;)

Two legs wold make the cup part last four weeks. I don't think the people who didn't qualify would like that, as there is another 1-2 weeks added on top of that in the off season.

Two legs wold make the cup part last four weeks. I don't think the people who didn't qualify would like that, as there is another 1-2 weeks added on top of that in the off season.

I don't think there's an option in Xpert to do that either.

Sure? In the official leagues, the cup is home and away for the first rounds. Netrual ground for the reminder, but that is just because of time constraints.

But that is normal season+cup of course, not this CL thingy we have. Peeps can clarify I guess.

Although neutral and knockout scares me, it still gets my vote. New experience and all that :p

Edited by Tales

There is no option for 2 legs in the champion's league. A standard cup alongside a season is 2 legs until it reaches quarter finals. To run a cup alongside a season, all managers in the league must have VIP.

Also please do not post the tactics of your games unless you have permission from the other manager. You might not think much of it but your opponent might.

Haaha well alright, I've skillfully pixelated the sensitive info. Of course a manager of your talents wouldn't be one to run with the same tactics week in week out anyway, one would imagine?

And yeah - fair point I suppose bout the time factor.

To be fair I beat you by two goals. :p

Ha yeah, comprehensive beating there I cannot deny - but my point at eights mightve been enough to place above you had I not thrown away two points to Familia

Nervous about the game today, I beat Leeds last time we played but it's an important match and if I want to qualify for the knock out rounds I need to start beating the top teams.

I'm really nervous as well. This is a game I need to win after back to back defeats. May the best team win!!!

Wretched performance today need to shake things up after that, have a week off to think about tactics.

Will re-enter the league in a dogfight for 2nd place and considering the 2nd half of the league will be harder it could be a struggle.

:(

Anyone want a friendly invite away!

Wretched performance today need to shake things up after that, have a week off to think about tactics.

Will re-enter the league in a dogfight for 2nd place and considering the 2nd half of the league will be harder it could be a struggle.

Challenge sent!! Nice 1-0 win away keeps me in with a chance of qualifying. MOT!!!

Held DuD to a draw today, very pleased. Nearly half way through the season and most of the team are on 11dv or above and my keeper is on 15 :)

We're in a solid 3rd place, one point above Coloccini who have played one more game than us. Things are looking good for a qualifying finish!

Spotlight

This week the spotlight was on Lylat Wanderers vs DuDs Baggies. Players were to predict the amount of under 25s in the starting line ups. The match was a draw but all entrants predicted a Baggies win so it comes down to who was closest with the youth guess...

There were 10 under 25s playing in the match which means Russian Revolution were the closest with their guess of 12!

Standings:

Hadens Legends: 2

Bob: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

I will post the spotlight for next Friday on Tuesday.

Glad to see I'm still on top. With the easy double header and Haden not playing I don't see how that will change now.

Surprised to see what happens in the other leagues. Submarine on third and Inter not even on qualifing spot...

Edited by Tales

LOVE THIS SHIT

Hey at least you're keeping the league nice and spicy with a thrilling race for second on the cards! All eyes on your visit to Winston!

Loving the cup, the runnings are so tight in most of the leagues, its great!

LOVE THIS SHIT

Hey at least you're keeping the league nice and spicy with a thrilling race for second on the cards! All eyes on your visit to Winston!

Loving the cup, the runnings are so tight in most of the leagues, its great!

Wanna here more from @Dedede @Ellmeister and @Zell and to be honest everyone I agree this season is great.

How are people feeling on their chances of going through at this halfway stage?

I think despite the loss today my team is almost sure to go through I basically need to get three good home wins against the teams in the bottom three spots.

My away form against my three rivals will dictate if I finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I quite like the league I am in has a good feel to it, Eights is obviously going to tear away as champion but some intriguing sub plots happening everywhere I will be in the stands watching Dedede vs Winston home and away carefully looking at tactics and hoping for injury ridden draws ;)

Edited by Haden