NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Investors Meeting ( now in english )

Yeah the general public do not hate EA (they may not even be able to tell what games they make) and sales show that. It's the snobbish 'hardcore' that hate them, seemingly for putting out a new iteration of their games at a speed that almost rivals Mario titles.

Yeah, I do find it funny that Nintendo fans in particular seem to hate EA when Nintendo's output so far on the Wii U has been another Wii Sports, another Wii Fit and 2 multiplayer Mario titles (including Luigi DLC). What's coming next to justify the Wii U's gamepad and high price? Yup, another Donkey Kong, Mario Kart and Smash :laughing:

Yeah the general public do not hate EA (they may not even be able to tell what games they make) and sales show that. It's the snobbish 'hardcore' that hate them, seemingly for putting out a new iteration of their games at a speed that almost rivals Mario titles.

you have to respect EA for the games they make. I only dislike them because they turn off the servers for their games every couple of years, forcing you to buy the latest installment.

But going back to the sports argument, Motion controls make tennis, golf, baseball, bowling etc such a better, more realisitc experience it's criminal that these games just don't exist on the system.

So you're saying EA releasing new games of fifa, madden, tiger woods with barely any gameplay tweaks is the same as Mario having a 2D game one year, a 3d one the next? And I presume you're also including the 3DS 2d mario... Which is different to the wii u one (different levels and different mechanics)... that's worse than including all the handheld versions of the fifa, madden games etc... I know it's easy to be negative about Nintendo, but this is just ridiculous.

Edited by dazzybee

I hate EA as much as the next person but they really are needed. Someone said FIFA and Madden bombed, well it wasn't helped by being shoddy inferior versions. Sports games are needed and titles like Wii Sports don't come close to cutting it.

Just regarding their servers, I recently bought Tiger Woods 12: The Masters on Wii because that's how desperate I was to play a proper golf game. The servers are still online. Not many people there at any one time but at least they're there.

So you're saying EA releasing new games of fifa, madden, tiger woods with barely any gameplay tweaks is the same as Mario having a 2D game one year, a 3d one the next? And I presume you're also including the 3DS 2d mario... Which is different to the wii u one (different levels and different mechanics)... that's worse than including all the handheld versions of the fifa, madden games etc... I know it's easy to be negative about Nintendo, but this is just ridiculous.

I was replying to a ridiculous flippant statement with a ridiculous flippant statement.

I was replying to a ridiculous flippant statement with a ridiculous flippant statement.

Ah, I did wonder if it was fully serious :)

I hate EA as much as the next person but they really are needed. Someone said FIFA and Madden bombed, well it wasn't helped by being shoddy inferior versions. Sports games are needed and titles like Wii Sports don't come close to cutting it.

Just regarding their servers, I recently bought Tiger Woods 12: The Masters on Wii because that's how desperate I was to play a proper golf game. The servers are still online. Not many people there at any one time but at least they're there.

yeah but TW12 is only 2 player online for the Wii. It is still a great game but it just feels like EA go out of their way to make an inferior product for Nintendo consoles.

As for FIFA sales, when was the last time EA released an on par version with Sony/Microsoft. Certainly not in the Wii era and prior to that FIFA was rubbish anyway. I think it's safe to assume that the majority of Wii owners also owned either a PS3 or Xbox, so you are going to buy the best version of the game. Even though FIFA 13 on Wii U was not the cartoon version of the Wii, it lacked Ultimate team. I bet if you could analyze the numbers you would see that all copies of FIFA 13 on Wii U were bought by people who don't own another console.

Ah, I did wonder if it was fully serious :)

Also, plenty of the audience that complains about EA are the ones who have the same misguided opinion of Mario games.

I bet if you could analyze the numbers you would see that all copies of FIFA 13 on Wii U were bought by people who don't own another console.

I bet you wouldn't. I had it and the PS3 versions :)