NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

Just Dance 2014

Couldn't find a topic so thought I'd start my own as I know at least a few people here (well, me and @Animal) like the game!

So, have any of you picked it up? The track list isn't as strong as previous years in my opinion but the overall game is by far the best. Everything is so streamlined and the online mode is just fantastic. Seriously, the community feel to this game is amazing. And today for the first time, I came FIRST out of a room of 30. I even got 3 friend requests afterwards, felt like a true god. Thank you, Katy Perry.

And the VS dance battles are back! YES! :bouncy:

Could be interested in this after Christmas, over the Chinese New Year, but still dancing my arse, add whole family, off to Just Dance 4.

I love the series and will be picking this up shortly. I don't even own the game yet but I have already downloaded Roar for free. I can't wait to play the Ghostbusters track.:D

So, how does the online mode work then?

OKay, i hate dancing, but my gfriend loves it. Not to be lazy as I'd prefer a normal gamers experience of it. Can you describe the game and why it's so fun please. I always presumed it was just dancing and the motion controls were borderline pointless

If you hate dancing then no matter how good the game is, you're not really gonna like it :p And the motion controls are certainly a lot better than they used to be. It's still possible to cheat (to an extent) by sitting down and flailing your arms, but that's not exactly the point, and certainly won't get you high scores. I'd liken it to button bashing on fighters.

Anyway, it's so fun because unlike a lot of dance games it just doesnt take itself very seriously. A lot of the dances are quite silly and tongue in cheek but you also have a nice variety of songs that have really good dance moves. Unlike the previous games, pretty much every song has some variation, you'll have the regular dance for it, then either a dance mash up or an 'intense' version, so there's a lot more on offer. And VS battles make it more exciting, as you face off against each other and take HP off one another depending on how well you do.

But yeah, trying to genuinely do all the moves in a duet can be pretty funny, I've done this a few times on Just Dance 4 but never quite nailed that ending:

And the online is great. Instead of being a complete seperate entity (like on mario kart where you have to wait on a 'connecting to nintendo network' screen) it's built in right on the menu. You hover your cursor over the 'world dance' (or whatever it's called) logo and you'll hear a song, that's the song that everyone is dancing too this second. Click on it and you'll have a 5 second countdown and be thrown into the song with a bunch of other dancers (about 30) until the next song. When you do a song from start to finish (so usually the second song you do) you'll see all the names on the left (much like on mario kart where it shows racers positions) depending on how many points you all have and at the end you'll see who the top 3 dancers are.

Inbetween dances and choosing songs etc you can view peoples profiles which say where they're from and allow you to add them as Wii U friends. You can earn points online to improve your online ranking and earn the normal points that you also get in one player mode which can be used to unlock alternate dances, the VS Mode dances and new player avatars.

If you hate dancing then no matter how good the game is, you're not really gonna like it :p And the motion controls are certainly a lot better than they used to be. It's still possible to cheat (to an extent) by sitting down and flailing your arms, but that's not exactly the point, and certainly won't get you high scores. I'd liken it to button bashing on fighters.

I concur with the above. My son loves dancing, and me and my wife join in for exercise, and a bit of family fun. So, over the Wii years we've had a variety of dance games and they have progressively gotten better recognising the movement involved with the Wii Remote. Just Dance 4 was by far the best at recognising your patterns, but also fun in it's play style. I should imagine Just Dance 2014 to be more of the same.

@Josh64

Cheers for that, sounds great :) I don't hate dance games, I hate dancing; I loved the dance dance games, still have the gamecube mario one. But with a mat it seemed to have more point. Tempted for my girlfriend.

@dazzybee in that case I wouldn't worry :P I hate dancing in real life (unless I'm drunk of my mind) but find dance games a lot of fun :p And the Mario dance game is amazing! I just hated having to unlock the songs through story mode. I mean, what were they thinking when they put a story mode in a DDR game? :p

Ordered it :) I have quite a lot of gaming socials and think this could be good, and my girlfriend will love it. Weirdly looking forward to it now.

That sounds like a great idea! Though by the looks of it, not too many people here play it! But we could give it a go, aye?

I have, I have a feeling old Daz has the Wii one! It doesn't matter though, we usually choose a song at the start of the week, and then by Sunday post a picture of our best score! Whoever has the most points wins. Animal is a beast, I've only managed to beat him a few times (by choosing songs I've played countless times :p)

Yeah, I have the Wii version. I have all of the Just Dance games (except for Kids, which is just too annoying for words. However, even though little brats are in the Disney one, I do want to get that). As Josh has said, we pick a song and post our high scores by Sunday and I just really annoy Josh because I can 5* Beauty and a Beat and he can't. Then again, he pisses me off because somehow, with his super-human moves, he can 5* Love You Like a Love Song WHICH I STILL CAN NOT DO!

Anyway...we're currently doing a Just Dance-Off right now where me and him have to try the best we can to get our highest score on She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) even though I haven't even touched it yet because I've had a problem with the upper half of my body so I have from tomorrow until Sunday to get a good score on him but I have a feeling, since Josh has chosen this, that this is his main so I'm pretty scared, haha.

Also, interestingly, this is actually our first Just Dance-Off on the new 2014 game but it would be a fuck-lot more fun if there were more people playing! Some of the followers on my Twitter have taken to the idea and have started doing it a bit, which is funny to see. Hopefully, we'll be able to get more players. Like N-E's very own dance battle but miles better!

Beauty and a Beat is a JOKE! The one day I played it so many times in a row and kept getting mere POINTS off 5 stars but for some fucking reason I could only get Ok's half the time! If only Bieber wasn't such an elegant swan.

And I know what you mean about Just Dance kids, good grief, it's nearly as bad as Kylie Sing & Dance.

And yes, more people joining in with the weekly Just Dance offs would be great! I may also have a soft spot for she wolf :p

Played it for the first time last night, it's good fun. Being able to record videos on the gamepad and post them is a great idea, I'll be doing that lots (unfortunately for my girlfriend). I'll try and take part in these competitions, though more likely my gfriend will be the one with the decent score. Well more decent than mine.

Played it for the first time last night, it's good fun. Being able to record videos on the gamepad and post them is a great idea, I'll be doing that lots (unfortunately for my girlfriend). I'll try and take part in these competitions, though more likely my gfriend will be the one with the decent score. Well more decent than mine.

So @Josh64 and I are already in a competition at the moment. We're both trying to get the highest score on She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) but after that, we could all compete against each other to see who can get the highest score on another song.

Since you're new to this, @dazzybee, I think you should have the honours of choosing the song and then @londragon after.

Not quite sure how it all works :) I'll have a pop on and pick one then; though Prince Ali is probably the one I'll go for :D

@Hero\-of\-Time should be mentioned as well just in case he wants to play with us too.

Basically, @dazzybee, what happens is someone picks a song and sets a deadline (normally it's within a week), we all try to get a high score, take a photo of it and upload it on the day of the deadline and the one with the highest score wins.

So if you pick Prince Ali, we'll all dance to it and try to get our best scores, take a photo and then upload it on the day of the deadline. Me and Josh have been doing Just Dance Offs for almost months on Twitter so it'd be interesting to bring it to N-E.

Tomorrow should be the deadline for @Josh64 to upload his scores for She Wolf so we should all start then! :D

Oh and it's also good to state which dance we're doing. So with Prince Ali, are we doing the regular one or the mash-up?

So @Josh64 and I are already in a competition at the moment. We're both trying to get the highest score on She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) but after that, we could all compete against each other to see who can get the highest score on another song.

Since you're new to this, @dazzybee, I think you should have the honours of choosing the song and then @londragon after.

Have to wait until I pick it up Just Dance 2014 in the new year sometime. Too many other games ATM, plus still playing JD4. Will be happy to join in when I've got this though.

Have to wait until I pick it up Just Dance 2014 in the new year sometime. Too many other games ATM, plus still playing JD4. Will be happy to join in when I've got this though.

That's the beauty of how me and @Josh64 play, we actually play the games we have in common. Like I own all of the Just Dances and the Experience games and Josh owns JD2, 3, 4 and 2014 and Michael Jackson so we mostly play those so we could always jump on JD4 some time and do a song with you! :)

I thought about getting the Zumba ones but I don't know, the whole waistband thing looks uncomfortable...

That's the beauty of how me and @Josh64 play, we actually play the games we have in common. Like I own all of the Just Dances and the Experience games and Josh owns JD2, 3, 4 and 2014 and Michael Jackson so we mostly play those so we could always jump on JD4 some time and do a song with you! :)

I thought about getting the Zumba ones but I don't know, the whole waistband thing looks uncomfortable...

Ahhh, cool idea. ATM, I only have JD4. When a song comes along from that I'm in.

Don't touch Zumba, it's filthy! And I'm on the way home NOW so will upload my score when I wake up tomorrow! And I lovbe Prince Ali so I can't wait for that :D

I don't know the different versions, what does it mean? Also, is it easier to do multiplayer or on your own? Just thinking me and my girlfriend only play together or I just watch her :)and rub myself...

I'd say it's easier by yourself just because my room isn't that big and I always end up hitting the other person :p

Sign in to follow this