N-Europe

MacWorld 2006 - Steve Jobs Keynote

Charlie

The best laptop i have seen is the new dell inspiron 9400, it features the new core due, 1 gig ram, 7800 gtx go and 17 inch widescreen for 15,000. The Macbook pro costs a bit more and is not as featured pack.

You're blind JonSt! You're comparing pure hardware specs and prices, whereas the whole point of a mac is the amazing OSX and it's software! XP is just plain crap compared to tiger. iLife is simply amazing. :bouncy:

You're blind JonSt! You're comparing pure hardware specs and prices, whereas the whole point of a mac is the amazing OSX and it's software! XP is just plain crap compared to tiger. iLife is simply amazing. :bouncy:

Your also forgetting the limited software available for mac, it is getting better but is still no way near the level of windows.

Well imo lots of software means lots of junk. A thingie for this, a thingie for that, direct x here and there and BANG you've got spyware on your ass, now that's typical windows. Windows is like a junkyard for small apps that you'll only be needing once or twice anyways. I think apple kindof avoids that by offering limited software which in my opinion does most of the things you really need. I mean come on, what software do you 'really' need! I don't see what software apple is missing that is so necessary. Maybe it's the lack of illegal apple software you're pissed at.

PS: I don't have an apple yet myself but my next pc sure as hell is gonna be one, cause I'm sick and tired of windows. If I were a bit of a techie I'd already installed Linux to bridge the transition.

Your also forgetting the limited software available for mac, it is getting better but is still no way near the level of windows.

It's not really that hard to find a Mac equivalent of most PC software (games excepted) and alot of the time the Mac equivalents are even better.

*agrees with Schpickles, Lammie and Nicolas*

To be honest, I really don't care for apps on XP that I'd hardly use, when I can have OS X and just the useful apps that I always use. OS X is light years ahead of XP in terms of funtionality. When I use Windows now, I miss little things like Expose, the dock, widgets and the general speed of OS X. I don't play games on PCs, so I don't care about that aspect. I have consoles for that.

All I need is internet software (Safari), music software (iTunes), photo editing software (Photoshop CS2/iPhoto), MSN and an office suite (MS Office 04). Mac has these and they're far superior to their Windows counterparts in terms of ease of use and appearance. With the exception of MSN, but that is a Microsoft product. However, Adium comes pretty close.

Now who said Macs are expensive? Click!

If the link doesn't work it's a PowerMac G5 with the best possible hardware + software available. The price is £16,567.99 [/Offtopic]

Back to the topic: Macs used to be really expensive but I don't think they are too expensive nowadays. I'm planning to buy a laptop in few years and it'll be a Mac!