N-Europe

New Disney cartoons (2013)

Sméagol

Dunno if these have been posted. Official new Disney cartoons, which Disney doesn’t want to share with non-Americans. From what I’ve been told, the animation is outsourced, but they’re lovely nonetheless (in fact it’s probably for the better) and very funny. In fact, it’s quite shocking what they get away with, especially considering the things Disney has censored in their other stuff.

Anyway:

This is the first and I think the only one on Youtube (and thus the only one I can embed).

Ep 1: [Croissant de Triomphe]

Ep 2: [No service]

Ep 3: [New York Weenie]

[spoiler=:o]“Looks like weenie’s all in!”

I’ll try to update this post when new ones become available. Those with VPN’s or other methods to bypass region locks can just go to the American Disney site and watch them there. Episode 4 (Yodelberg) is available too.

Edited by Sméagol

I love the style of these (mostly the backgrounds), it's one of my favourites. I also love that they've gone for the classic Mickey look rather than the newer one (although I think even that look is getting on to 60 years old now).

Plus they kept the surrealism in there, which I really enjoyed.

And Daisy's voice sounded familiar...

Oh God and Betty White is in it!

Actually, Disney did recently do a really enjoyable Mickey short that they premiered at Annecy. Hopefully they'll attach it to a film soonish.

Edited by Ashley

Love them. They're much more stylish and enjoyable than the House of Mouse shorts they did a few years ago. And this type of slapstick still feels Disney-esque for some reason. I thought the croissant short was a one-time thing.

Can't do anything to watch episode 4 right now (can't even use proxies here), so links for further episodes would, in fact, be quite appreciated :) Not sure how long this is going to be, but I don't mind keeping them in my PC for the time being.