NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Ghosts

This is literally the best news I could have heard! Dedicated servers for all. Call of Duty has finally done what it needed to do :) - let's just hope the maps and weapon balance are up to scratch!

Is there only Kav who is taking a holiday for this? I have a fair few days left to use and may bang some in if others will be online.

Is there only Kav who is taking a holiday for this? I have a fair few days left to use and may bang some in if others will be online.

Yep got it booked off too :)

When's it out?!

5th Nov. I'll be getting it at the midnight launch and I've got the whole week off!

5th Nov. I'll be getting it at the midnight launch and I've got the whole week off!

A tuesday? Bizarre. I'm definitely getting it at launch! Looking forward to it actually.

A tuesday? Bizarre. I'm definitely getting it at launch! Looking forward to it actually.

CoD is always released on a Tuesday. Has been since at least MW2.

Still buzzing off it being on dedicated servers!

I have no holidays left to take now, I'll be happy just playing from 7 every night.

Hype is building, fingers crossed they deliver this time.

MW2 was the first Tuesday COD release, I remember picking it up from Makro for £18 at launch. God, those were the days!

will all you guys pretty much stop playing Black Ops2 as soon as this comes out?

I never really got into it, played a few games online although my boy is addicted to it, he'll be playing on the gamepad with his headphones on and suddenly shout out "Dad, MarioLost is online" which always makes me chuckle.

But back on subject, do I need to get this at launch to avoid missing out on some clan action with the N-E gang, and should I trade on Black Ops2?

Much Love

will all you guys pretty much stop playing Black Ops2 as soon as this comes out?

I never really got into it, played a few games online although my boy is addicted to it, he'll be playing on the gamepad with his headphones on and suddenly shout out "Dad, MarioLost is online" which always makes me chuckle.

But back on subject, do I need to get this at launch to avoid missing out on some clan action with the N-E gang, and should I trade on Black Ops2?

Much Love

MarioLost :laughing:

Quite a few are done with Black Ops 2 now, with Wind Waker probably keeping them busy until Ghosts is released.

Its always best to get a COD game on release so other players don't have an advantage in knowing the maps better than you.

Its been an absolute farce pre ordering this.

Last week I went into GAME in Fargate, Sheffield and asked if I could preorder Ghosts and to confirm whether they are doing mid night launch. They confirmed that mid night launch is on but then proceeded to kindly inform me that Ghosts is not being released on the Wii U because "CoD doesnt come out on Nintendo". I attempted to explain that indeed the game is being released and that I have Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. They werent listening so I just left.

I cant think of anywhere in Sheffield that will do mid night launch of the game. I decided to look on GAME website and you never guess what!? It's on the website.

Just been back in, showed them the web page.

Ghosts now preordered.

Its been an absolute farce pre ordering this.

Last week I went into GAME in Fargate, Sheffield and asked if I could preorder Ghosts and to confirm whether they are doing mid night launch. They confirmed that mid night launch is on but then proceeded to kindly inform me that Ghosts is not being released on the Wii U because "CoD doesnt come out on Nintendo". I attempted to explain that indeed the game is being released and that I have Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. They werent listening so I just left.

Getting COD on the Wii was always fun, I remember going into Morrisons (at the time they sold COD cheap at launch) and asking for the Wii version of Black Ops, her response, "There isn't a Wii version, its only on Playstation & Xbox"

Modern Warfare 3 was near impossible to find on the Wii. I was phoning every game retailer in Sheffield, nobody had the Wii version. I eventually got it from Blockbuster in Hillsborough.

If I remember right, Zechs went through the same ordeal getting hold of a copy.

I was told once at both Game and Gamestation that Black Ops wasn't coming out on Wii. I just told them that they obviously weren't good enough at their job to talk to me and that I wanted to talk to someone that knew how to do their job. They weren't happy! :)

Royal Mail set to strike on November 4 - yes this is significant

Royal Mail are getting set to strike on November 4. Now you may think to yourself what has this got to do with gaming, well...

Looking at our release schedule perhaps one of the biggest games of the year is set to release on Tuesday November 5 - Call of Duty Ghosts!

Obviously ShopTo are not currently stocking this game due to reasons we have talked about before, but this strike could potentially affect millions of gamers who will be waiting on the game to arrive.

We are sure Activision will take the strike into consideration, however when Royal Mail goes on strike at one of the busiest times of the year, that means backlogs, so if the game doesn't hit doorsteps before the strike then it could potentially be delayed for longer than gamers would desire.

Is this bad news for you? What's should Activision do?

http://www.shopto.net/news/44381/Royal-Mail-set-to-strike-on-November-4---yes-this-is-significant/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Its simple really, you cancel your pre-order from an online retailer and go into a store on Tuesday November 5th and buy it.

Panic over!

You won't be able to pick it up aswell becuse they have to be delivered to retailers in time to launch the game

http://www.christianpost.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-release-facing-major-delays-106801/

The game will be shipped to the retailers a few days earlier I'd imagine to avoid stock issues instore.

It is the biggest game release of the year, there will be no problem finding a copy instore in Game or other major retailers.

The game will be shipped to the retailers a few days earlier I'd imagine to avoid stock issues instore.

It is the biggest game release of the year, there will be no problem finding a copy instore in Game or other major retailers.

I hope so I am geting mine from Game online I hope they upgrade my shipping

Edited by canand

I hope so I am geting mine from Game online I hope they upgrade my shipping

Shipping to retailers and customers is very different, if you are ordering it from an online retailer, there is a good chance with the strike, that you won't get it on the Tuesday.

My advice, cancel your online pre-order and change it to a instore pre-order and pick it up from your local GAME store Tuesday morning.