NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

AC: NL Central London streetpass event - Sun 23rd June?

Central london near Oxford Circus, W1D 7PH.

Ok...it's maybe a bit weird to have this here cos it ain't exactly gaming discussion, but @Guy posted about this earlier - there's apparently an event for Animal Crossing New Leaf focused streetpass event this Sunday 23rd June at MADD(betwixt Oxford Circus and Leicester Square). Given AC's quite huge, and we've a minor contingent - I was wondering if anyone was thinking about going? I'm currently quite a maybe myself, but I might be more tempted to the yes side if a few N-E folk might be heading up?

There's a Streetpass event for New Leaf at MADD in London on Sunday. MADD is also the venue for Loading, a gaming bar with gaming themed cocktails and systems/board games to play. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up since I'll be popping down for a few hits of delicious green LED.

Facebook page

Anyone think they might be going? No promises myself...but rather maybe.

Mods: Posted a thread just so it doesn't get lost in the main thread as it's short notice. This can get a lock/delete next week if it doesn't happen I guess.

I'm going, the venue is awesome (if a little small) and I always meet extremely cool people there. Great chance to put the game and the networking to the test.

I believe the event is endorsed by Nintendo and there will be contests and giveaways, alongside delicious snacks and drinks.

Ah sounds so cool! You guys should all go if you can - even if it's just for the potential Nintendo swag!! :D

I have never been to Landan! But kinda wish I was closer for a sweet event like this!

If anyone does go take loads of pics and make me jealous! :laughing:

Looking like I'm deffo in for this, we got any other london ACers or even just N-E-ers attending? I'll be heading to Camden in the afternoon for 5ish as a mate of mine has a gig at Proud Camden which is apparently free, in the event of anyone fancying some bandy music after.

For people heading up(Looking at you @Guy) what time you reckon you'll be about?

For people heading up(Looking at you @Guy) what time you reckon you'll be about?

I'm planning to get there before noon to try and get a table. Do you wanna exchange contact details via PM (or dangerously in THE MAIN THREAD) so we can link up?

Edited by Guy

I may be up for that, depends how the rest of this today goes. But it is a 20 minute cycle away so I don't really have an excuse...

Probably would be there later in the day though (around 2) as I've got to do boring chores first.

I'm planning to get there before noon to try and get a table. Do you wanna exchange contact details via PM (or dangerously in THE MAIN THREAD) so we can link up?

Like an african drug dealer I have about 7 different numbers, so I will madly put one in this main thread right now - anyone heading who wants to get in touch with me hit me up 07763 960 933. I'll try to get my arse out of bed early and head up in good time before noon.

Right, got it. I've also messaged you with my number so we're all set - I'm not quite brave enough to chuck it in the thread.

So that's the telephone number sharing Rummy, the legendary Ashley. Who else is down for some green LED?

Cool beans, just checked that phone - I might call/message from a diff number though. Looking forward to it now!

Cool beans, just checked that phone - I might call/message from a diff number though. Looking forward to it now!

That's cool, it'll be like an episode of 24!

It's a nice little (literally!) bar. If it's gonna be anything like the Monster Hunter events held there (which I'm sure it'll be), it'll be well worth going :)

Sadly I'm working tomorrow, so I'll have to give it a miss. But you should defo go if you can!

Ok. I got in at 4 and fell asleep, I've just awoken but nothing is charged! Got my phones and my 3DS on the plugs, and maybe a little drink still in me, but I should hopefully head up within the next hour or so, be up there maybe about 1ish!

EDIT: totes gonna be 2ish.

Edited by Rummy

I should hopefully be there in about an hour. Got to wait for my washing to finish...

Also need to swing by a few art shops but they're in soho anyway.

Oh I'm there but...it's over capacity! They said to come back in 40 min (tbh I still imagine it'll be busy. Anyone inside?

Oh I'm there but...it's over capacity! They said to come back in 40 min (tbh I still imagine it'll be busy. Anyone inside?

I'm in. :)

I'm in. :)

Was great to meet you all earlier, sorry I couldn't stick around for long.

I'm finally home! I also finally met the legend that is Ashley! I also met Guy, Sheikah, Rinha and...I don't think any other N-Eers? Then I realised I didn't take any photos despite having my camera in my pocket, but it was a pretty cool event and I'm really glad I went. I can only apologise for having to leave, and also being somewhat quieter than my usual self as I was lagging really hard from last night but trying to pretend I wasn't.

Btw @Guy, who were the other folks who were there with us?

It was awesome to meet you guys, really fun day. We ended up staying until pretty late and chatting to randomers as usual. Loading is cool for meeting new gamery people.

I don't actually know who all of the others were. The guy in the red shirt with blonde hair was a friend of mine, the guy in the hat and the kid in the red were randoms. Nice guys though.

Edited by Guy

It was cool meeting you all, the place was really chilled out despite its business.

Can't believe I got over 50 streetpass hits, and nearly the same number of houses in my HH showcase. Loads of stuff to buy now. :)

Sign in to follow this