NEurope
bob

Where on earth are you? (Awesome Thrip)

EDIT: Danny's is pretty impressive! The Mexico one ruined your score though!

Yeah, it really did screw up an otherwise awesome run. I'm a bit miffed at the bridge as well; I compared road layouts and everything, so I was utterly convinced I had the right one.

I don't think using Google is cheating; it depends on how you want to play the game. If you just want to see how good you are at identifying your immediate surroundings, it's cool to try guessing your location without any assistance; I personally however find it much more exciting trying to pinpoint my exact location.

I think this is actually more fun when you're trying to find the exact spot via google maps...Got two leads in Croatia and Ukraine, but no luck yet.

Edit: Well bloody friggin' hell, you can move around the roads. Thought it was just a frozen spot with the rotation enabled...should make this a lot easier.

Edited by Ville

It kept dropping me in Spanish/Portuguese speaking countries, usually in the middle of nowhere. I usually couldn't figuer out which country it was as no one seems to advertise internet links or anything. How do you figure out the country?

Yeah, same with me. It just dropped me in a highway in the middle of plains very similar to the ones in Alentejo (but it was actually a random highway in the US), and then a snowy forest with absolutely no landmarks of note (I guessed Canada, turned out to be in Northern England). The third time gave me another road with absolutely no landmarks whatsoever.

Then the fourth one gave me a coastal town, and I finally guessed something close to the actual spot. Missed by 70 Km, but considering it was Norway, I'd call that pretty good.

It's cool, I guess, but I don't see much appeal.

If you can flex it, then it's not of much use.

On the contrary, very handy with shopping bags.

Just tried it for the first time, think I got about 8000 points. Didn't realise you could move either! Got some countries totally wrong (Australia -> USA, Spain -> Finland) but I was just guessing superficially! Trying to find the exact spot/using Google Maps concurrently seems like it's ruining the fun to me - I liked the idea as it can help you learn the architecture/environmental differences around the world. Sure, take a look around a bit for some clues, but using Google to make sure you get the right answer is killing the fun!