N-Europe

Coaster Crazy Deluxe - eShop

madeinbeats

Sounds fun in theory - trailer makes it look quite dull. From Frontier, the makers of LostWinds and worked with Atari on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

In the video, the GamePad looks like quite a powerful creation tool, would love to see this sort of thing going on with some RTS titles.

· Unparalleled ease of 3D coaster building

· Unlock special pieces, coaster cars and track to build ever more insane creations in 10 regions across the globe

· Online leaderboards for players to share coasters and earn in-game currency

· Coaster building sandbox

· Daily Challenges to earn kudos and gems

The Crazies are demanding customers but keeping them happy earns players kudos and gems; for example:

- Can you make your coaster fast enough to get the Speed Freak surfing with delight?

- Can you keep G-forces low enough to prevent the Professor’s Nitro Glycerin from exploding?

- Can you beat a coaster score before the Zombie starts infecting other passengers?

- Can you do all that at the same time?

Edited by madeinbeats

After Splash or Crash I was genuinely expecting a game based on a table top and sliding coasters around! :p

I was expecting a port of some iOS game that was all about coasters somehow. Like, "your friends are drinking beer and you have a brand new coffee table! Put down coasters before it's too late in this exciting port of the 2011 iOS classic!"

The actual game looks mildly more interesting, but building roller coasters without an amusement park seems kind of... empty?

Cool looks good when is it comeing out

Just says 'soon'.

I noticed this comment from someone at Frontier in the comments section on EG for this story, also reference to Elite.

Thanks for the coverage, we're very happy with Deluxe right now and the game translates to the Wii U extremely well!

For those wondering, Elite is coming along nicely and we're still confident of a March 2014 release. The majority of updates on the project so far have been exclusive to our backers, but hopefully we'll have some great things to share with everyone in the coming months! : )

Just building coasters and getting the results can be good. I spent a lot of time doing that in RCT2 (bet Rez did too!), probably more than I played the main game, actually. Whether there's ever another game as good as RCT2 is another matter.